bored with this server

r3dmyst
r3dmyst Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Etherblade (West)
really wish there was a way to transfer toons to another server =/...this one has gotten boring, nothing to really do in it but TW but even then it sucks.

I know what your thinking "why not just start over on a diffrent server then?", something about starting all over again after everything ive done is just something i do not want to do..

(not QQing just sharing my thoughts)
Post edited by r3dmyst on

Comments

• Epros - Raging Tide
    Epros - Raging Tide Posts: 1,720 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    r3dmyst wrote: »
    really wish there was a way to transfer toons to another server =/...this one has gotten boring, nothing to really do in it but TW but even then it sucks.

I know what your thinking "why not just start over on a diffrent server then?", something about starting all over again after everything ive done is just something i do not want to do..

(not QQing just sharing my thoughts)

why on earth would you think any other server on this game is any different. honestly i wish i had stayed on HT instead of rolling RT when it came out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm still having fun b:surrender
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjixeZpOMyU

But i wonder what's going to happen in about 4 weeks when the map will be reset (if pwi keeps their word...)

Don't think these battles like the one this weekend will happen anymore for a while. And with this game coming out by the end of august i doubt that the TW scene can be revived once again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • High_Lord - Heavens Tear
    High_Lord - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm still having fun b:surrender
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjixeZpOMyU

But i wonder what's going to happen in about 4 weeks when the map will be reset (if pwi keeps their word...)

Don't think these battles like the one this weekend will happen anymore for a while. And with this game coming out by the end of august i doubt that the TW scene can be revived once again.

For the amount of R9s Karma has and the lack of R9 that Rad has to deal with, that video was very, very embarrassing for you guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Heatwave Leader~
  • datingwomen
    datingwomen Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    u r right, slow server make game boring........ b:angry
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2012
    For the amount of R9s Karma has and the lack of R9 that Rad has to deal with, that video was very, very embarrassing for you guys.

lol perhaps. *** ups that "should" be easily fixed though. It's mostly communication failure that causes rad cata barbs to slip in our base just like that. It's extra embarrasing because most of rad's cata barbs were one shots for some of our wizzies/psy's. The extra problem created in this war was that we somehow went with another cata squad or something who weren't quite as good as the permanent cata squad we usually had.

Think we're lucky that rad was missing anionic, msswiz and evanera tbh. They were classes that could have made a difference for them and would have made good use of our mistakes.

Anyways, i don't think the difference in amount of r9's between karma and radiance is that big tbh. Did you count them all? Gear is no measurement on why someone wins or loses in these wars i think, it's more about numbers of people when both sides are equally geared.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• High_Lord - Heavens Tear
    High_Lord - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    lol perhaps. *** ups that "should" be easily fixed though. It's mostly communication failure that causes rad cata barbs to slip in our base just like that. It's extra embarrasing because most of rad's cata barbs were one shots for some of our wizzies/psy's. The extra problem created in this war was that we somehow went with another cata squad or something who weren't quite as good as the permanent cata squad we usually had.

Think we're lucky that rad was missing anionic, msswiz and evanera tbh. They were classes that could have made a difference for them and would have made good use of our mistakes.

Anyways, i don't think the difference in amount of r9's between karma and radiance is that big tbh. Did you count them all? Gear is no measurement on why someone wins or loses in these wars i think, it's more about numbers of people when both sides are equally geared.

You can use that excuse again, and yes, it probably is a valid excuse, but for a serious TW faction that actually wants to be a top level competitor, only one TW should have had that excuse used.

/I don't know, just seems that Karma seems to vastly overpower Rad, but doesn't actually know how to TW as a faction yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Heatwave Leader~
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2012
    Hit the nail on the head b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You can use that excuse again, and yes, it probably is a valid excuse, but for a serious TW faction that actually wants to be a top level competitor, only one TW should have had that excuse used.

/I don't know, just seems that Karma seems to vastly overpower Rad, but doesn't actually know how to TW as a faction yet.

Rad is our training ground for different tactics and new people. We only vastly overpower them when we have our **** together. Changes happen, different people in different squads and different roles. Why not play around with a faction you know you can beat even while **** up? What better experience for new squads, and new players to TW than a 2 hour TW?

Top level competing takes practice, analysis, and trial with success and error...in everything from sports to business. I can go on and on about teamwork, positivity, learning...but I don't know you well enough to say I'm talking on deaf ears.

Some call the video embarassing, some call it research, some call it fun. Truth, eye of the beholder, blah blah blah.

If you think TW is solely gear and numbers related you are mistaken and inexperienced. Cases in point: RoC and Drakon.

You have a bunch of experienced TWers on their alts, some decent to quite well geared in your faction. UD is giving you problems. What does that tell you?
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • shady153
    shady153 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Rad is our training ground for different tactics and new people. We only vastly overpower them when we have our **** together. Changes happen, different people in different squads and different roles. Why not play around with a faction you know you can beat even while **** up? What better experience for new squads, and new players to TW than a 2 hour TW?

It's just that, from faction chat it did not look like you were playing around with them. Maybe only Honesty was raging and everyone else was laughing and as said, was "playing around". I just think that this far in Karma's TW life, you should not be having communication errors.
    Top level competing takes practice, analysis, and trial with success and error...in everything from sports to business. I can go on and on about teamwork, positivity, learning...but I don't know you well enough to say I'm talking on deaf ears.

I completely understand that.
    Some call the video embarassing, some call it research, some call it fun. Truth, eye of the beholder, blah blah blah.

True, see below.
    If you think TW is solely gear and numbers related you are mistaken and inexperienced. Cases in point: RoC and Drakon.

As I said, Karma vastly outgears Rad but doesn't seem to have their **** together, no matter how much you guys are playing around and that is why Rad managed to get that far. I just found it embarrassing that Rad got that far with 1 hit cata pullers, squishy DDs because Karma is still having communication errors. This happened a few weeks/months ago as well if my memory is holding up.
    You have a bunch of experienced TWers on their alts, some decent to quite well geared in your faction. UD is giving you problems. What does that tell you?

In the Synesis vs UD TW that I went to, there were major problems in the TW.

1) Zehave

2) We had two squishy cata pullers

3) Lack of coordination and communication(Karma's problem as well?)

and I don't think you have seen UD's top geared people vs Synesis top geared people. Hell, my level 97 wiz has better gear then most of Synesis and UD's top geared people still outgear that by a hefty amount.

/it's early in the morning before work, I think I severely contradicted myself somewhere there...
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    As I said, early in the morning^

b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2012
    shady153 wrote: »
    It's just that, from faction chat it did not look like you were playing around with them. Maybe only Honesty was raging and everyone else was laughing and as said, was "playing around". I just think that this far in Karma's TW life, you should not be having communication errors.

Welcome to Ho-nasty. She still rages at me for not being +12 and full jades.

Again you're making assumptions that the same people were leading, the same people were organizing, yadda yadda. You're also assuming this is a permanent trend...which in no way it is. Sometimes you try stuff that should work & improve performance, but doesn't. Everytime you deal with people the spread of variance can really wreck everything.
    As I said, Karma vastly outgears Rad but doesn't seem to have their **** together, no matter how much you guys are playing around and that is why Rad managed to get that far. I just found it embarrassing that Rad got that far with 1 hit cata pullers, squishy DDs because Karma is still having communication errors. This happened a few weeks/months ago as well if my memory is holding up.

I've walked my 95 barb solo into Rad's base with a cata and sat on a tower for about a minute, till people finally died, noticed me, and then took another minute or so to take me out.

Months ago, like when Karma could field 40, you are correct or the barb sneaking.

Dunno, overall the whole thing and the last couple of weeks have been fun & frustrating, but not embarassing. What's embarrassing is that given the amount of colossal screwups, tried-but-doesn't-work stuff, people off having lunch in C lane....A similarly geared and numbered Rad still did not beat Karma, or really "Scare" Karma.

Also Prof X, I hate you in a love sorta way.

1) Zehave

and I don't think you have seen UD's top geared people vs Synesis top geared people. Hell, my level 97 wiz has better gear then most of Synesis and UD's top geared people still outgear that by a hefty amount.

Gear gear gear gear...but coordination seems to be everyone's problem save a few factions. There are a lot of new to the faction, new to TW people in many factions. This will always cause a bump in performance. Not so much of an excuse, as a reason. You analyze, work out a solution, go at it again. No biggie, imho its kinda part of the fun. TBH I learned a **** ton more in the last 3 weeks than I have the 3 months before it.
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Welcome to Ho-nasty. She still rages at me for not being +12 and full jades.

What's embarrassing is that given the amount of colossal screwups, tried-but-doesn't-work stuff, people off having lunch in C lane....A similarly geared and numbered Rad still did not beat Karma, or really "Scare" Karma.

Let me stop you right there. Rad did in fact beat Karma which is very embarrassing for KARMA, not Rad. The fact that Rad can consistently last 1 hour against Karma is both shocking and good for Rad. Karma heavily out gears Rad and it's no where close as you say it is. The fact that you think Karma is near in strength with Rad scares me but then again, who are you?
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2012
    Let me stop you right there. Rad did in fact beat Karma which is very embarrassing for KARMA, not Rad. The fact that Rad can consistently last 1 hour against Karma is both shocking and good for Rad. Karma heavily out gears Rad and it's no where close as you say it is. The fact that you think Karma is near in strength with Rad scares me but then again, who are you?

Less selective reading Evenera. It helps, but I understand you're feeling defensive.

Me? I'm nobody special or famous. Complete scrub. Keep that in your mind, thx.
  • HunterRich - Heavens Tear
    HunterRich - Heavens Tear Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2012

1) Zehave

/it's early in the morning before work, I think I severely contradicted myself somewhere there...

b:laughb:laughb:laugh

if your saying 1 person caused you guys enough grief that you lost, you guys were much worse off before UD beat Synesis. although we have been wondering why Synesis gave up attacking us, even after members left and joined UDb:chuckle. lets add #4 too that list, BM's who think that can aps people to death with their fists/claws.

i do have to add a long overdue thanks to RoC for opening up the right side of the map. been alot of fun weeks of TW since then for us in UnderDogz
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i do have to add a long overdue thanks to RoC for opening up the right side of the map. been alot of fun weeks of TW since then for us in UnderDogz

Agreed, coordinating between two TW's a night each weekend has been a lot of great experience for our members, and a hell of a lot of fun too.

If there wasn't the big GD 'T' in the middle of the map, would open things up to a lot more fun TW's for the mid/low lvl factions. As it is right now, the gaps in the brown on the map are too small and disconnected.

Maybe after reset, things will spice up a bit more.
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2012
    Maybe after reset, things will spice up a bit more.

for the smaller factions, yes. For the bigger factions, no.

But you never know b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    for the smaller factions, yes. For the bigger factions, no.

But you never know b:surrender

Even then, will be a few weeks of at least some action till things settle out.
    edited July 2012
    Less selective reading Evenera. It helps, but I understand you're feeling defensive.

Me? I'm nobody special or famous. Complete scrub. Keep that in your mind, thx.

I have nothing to be defensive about. I'm not even in Rad. However my points stand that Karma vastly out gears Radiance and there is no denying it. More reading properly, Maelael.
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited July 2012

tw is serious business...

this is a game meant to be played for fun...

it is not a job, not a business, not a professional gaming e-sport, although some people seem to think it is all of the above
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    tw is serious business...

this is a game meant to be played for fun...

it is not a job, not a business, not a professional gaming e-sport, although some people seem to think it is all of the above

w8 ! wot wot ! who the hell **** ur account this time? this cant be written by real mse !

oh and WB SCRUBS ! b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    w8 ! wot wot ! who the hell **** ur account this time? this cant be written by real mse !

oh and WB SCRUBS ! b:pleased

who unbanned noobwiz? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    who unbanned noobwiz? b:surrender

customer support b:pleased muahahahahab:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • shady153
    shady153 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    b:laughb:laughb:laugh

if your saying 1 person caused you guys enough grief that you lost, you guys were much worse off before UD beat Synesis. although we have been wondering why Synesis gave up attacking us, even after members left and joined UDb:chuckle. lets add #4 too that list, BM's who think that can aps people to death with their fists/claws.

I'm laughing so much right now, and it's not just because you suck at typing. Of course a R9 +12 archer would give a faction full of +3(few exceptions) people grief. The fact that Synesis stopped bidding for TW has nothing to do with how many left to join UD, it has to do with a poll on the website that a lot of people voted on.

Also, 2 of our 3(?) R9 people have left now so there goes a lot of the firepower. I hope Ethan finds what he was looking for in Karma.
    edited July 2012
    I Of course a R9 +12 archer would give a faction full of +3(few exceptions) people grief.

This.
  • USSRbm - Heavens Tear
    USSRbm - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Easy there Mystic, you might be my girlfriend and all, but im going to have to call you out on this one. Granted that Karma does outgear Rad, on a small scale, Karma maybe has 10-15 "OP" people, sure, a lot of r9s -but not all of them full +10/12 Jades; like you are making it out to be. And Rad has their fair share of r9s too. :P

However, you are correct in the sense that Rad should not be lasting as long as they do if this was just based one Gear. But, its not, it never is. Karma has the firepower but when you have noob *** kid rocking full +12 r9 its not very effective. I suppose what im saying is that Karma does have more r9, but it also has of idiots who are wearing that gear- who are pro at cash shopping and nothing else. And i would argue that Rad has a lot more players who know their class and can play infinitely better than some karma kids, who will remain nameless. All in all:

Karma gear > Rad gear. Rad skill > Karma Skill. Karma ego > Rad Ego.

So I think its a little embarrassing that you still cant come close to beating us, with the exception of that one time, with the lucky catas. but seeing as nothing like that has ever happened again- im guessing it was a fluke.
    edited July 2012
    Easy there Mystic, you might be my girlfriend and all, but im going to have to call you out on this one. Granted that Karma does outgear Rad, on a small scale, Karma maybe has 10-15 "OP" people, sure, a lot of r9s -but not all of them full +10/12 Jades; like you are making it out to be. And Rad has their fair share of r9s too. :P

However, you are correct in the sense that Rad should not be lasting as long as they do if this was just based one Gear. But, its not, it never is. Karma has the firepower but when you have noob *** kid rocking full +12 r9 its not very effective. I suppose what im saying is that Karma does have more r9, but it also has of idiots who are wearing that gear- who are pro at cash shopping and nothing else. And i would argue that Rad has a lot more players who know their class and can play infinitely better than some karma kids, who will remain nameless. All in all:

Karma gear > Rad gear. Rad skill > Karma Skill. Karma ego > Rad Ego.

So I think its a little embarrassing that you still cant come close to beating us, with the exception of that one time, with the lucky catas. but seeing as nothing like that has ever happened again- im guessing it was a fluke.

One thing is for sure, Rad is not skilled in TW. They've been TW'ing forever and still barely know how to TW. Hell some of the most crucial things they still hadn't done to this day until I told them to, lol. I think Rad has 2 JoSD characters, neither of them full. Karma has what, 15 or so? When you put the majority of that into BM's, it makes a huge difference. Rad has so few people with +12 weapons, and I don't think any of them have a single piece of +12. Maybe a few that I didn't notice, but it's not common in Rad nonetheless. Karma also has people that have been PK'ing consistently for quite a while now and have been working together forever. Rad doesn't have the PK experience to know what they're doing when they're about to die and what not. Lastly, all of your members with JoSD/+12 know what they're doing. Majority of Karma DD's and tanks are R9 and when you look at Rad, well, you know. You are the only person I have seen so far that thinks Rad should come close to beating Karma.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    karma should stop learning how to beat weaker opponents and start learning how to beat stronger ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • USSRbm - Heavens Tear
    USSRbm - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    One thing is for sure, Rad is not skilled in TW. They've been TW'ing forever and still barely know how to TW. Hell some of the most crucial things they still hadn't done to this day until I told them to, lol. I think Rad has 2 JoSD characters, neither of them full. Karma has what, 15 or so? When you put the majority of that into BM's, it makes a huge difference. Rad has so few people with +12 weapons, and I don't think any of them have a single piece of +12. Maybe a few that I didn't notice, but it's not common in Rad nonetheless. Karma also has people that have been PK'ing consistently for quite a while now and have been working together forever. Rad doesn't have the PK experience to know what they're doing when they're about to die and what not. Lastly, all of your members with JoSD/+12 know what they're doing. Majority of Karma DD's and tanks are R9 and when you look at Rad, well, you know. You are the only person I have seen so far that thinks Rad should come close to beating Karma.

I wasnt saying that Radiance is skilled, just saying that Karma is less skilled. Other of the few people in Karma and in Rad who know what they are doing. Radiance has better skilled players by in large, where karma just has better geared noobs.
  • elonar
    elonar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Im one of those better geared noobs b:surrender
    edited July 2012
    I wasnt saying that Radiance is skilled, just saying that Karma is less skilled. Other of the few people in Karma and in Rad who know what they are doing. Radiance has better skilled players by in large, where karma just has better geared noobs.

I meant to imply that Karma was more skilled than Rad, but oh well. I still think that Karma is more skilled overall. Example: Alpha's skill makes up for 4 clerics in Rad probably. Rad has nobody like that. Only a few of them (sorry guys) I can consider to be good in TW. Karma has at least 30 people I could quickly name off hand whom I consider really good in TW. Rad, maybe a dozen max. Let's just agree to disagree though.

Did your mystic get banned Shif? b:chuckle