Caster run from Hell!!

__ian__ - Heavens Tear
__ian__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
So last night i decided to do BH1 for RB2-3 then the squad decides to do up to RB2. Then i join another squad to do BH2 RB3 and that takes an hour. So i now have two Nirvana Tali on me and i'm happy . I join a caster run and everything was going great till the Server decides to shut down on me and i lose that Tali and an hour of my time doing RB3. By this time its around 3am and i'm tiered but want to do one last Caster run.

This is when the nightmare starts. Everything is going slow but fine till we get to the number 3 boss . This whole time i'm tanking the boss as i usually find myself doing. So as im pounding away at the boss i see my squad wipe and i pop white voodoo. At this point im tanking the boss alone and not too alarmed till my squad comes back and all die again. I should also mention there's three Clerics and another Psy & Veno in this squad. Finally after awhile i kill the boss.

Before the next boss i mention politely as i can that Caster runs arnt easy and please maybe gear up abit more before you decide to go on more runs. After that i was told i should have done this and that to save them and i failed them. So we do the forth boss and same thing i'm saving the squad after they wipe. Then on the final boss we have to do twice because they didn't have enough DD to kill it first round.

I've been playing this game for three years and have some decent gear that for the most part i worked for. Way back when R8 first came out i was the guy out there for hours grinding spiders so i can afford to buy rep. And at no part of this post i want you to think im bragging but i worked hard for many of the things i have.

What im wondering is what you think of people that seem to take advantage of others like this. I enjoy helping anyone who knows there class and is willing to help me and the squad any day. Thanks for listening to my rant and tell me what you think . Am i a jerk for feeling i was used for losing 70k of my plat charm/ 66k repair and over an hour of my time?? Take care all b:bye
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Complete your first quest. b:bye
Feb 24, 2009
Post edited by __ian__ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't think you're a jerk. But people keeping spam dying in caster... erm.

Really, +4 r8 and some other halfway decent stuff like good TT90 will make you able to live. You're not gonna be epic but you will be alive so that you can farm better gears.

I just don't understand the people that rush to 100 but have such crappy gears that they can't carry their own weight in a squad. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • LividLemur - Dreamweaver
    LividLemur - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    how can a squad wipe on the 3rd boss? Even if one person decides not to move when the meddlers spawn on top of him/her, the meddlers disappear if they kill that one squad member. Its p hard for anyone to die at 3rd boss, unless caught napping by the meddlers
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Despite the fact I post on my veno because I'm too lazy to change it, my main is a psychic and I rarely ever die during caster runs unless I go into herp derp mode and stop paying attention.

I sorta understand the veno and maybe the clerics dying on the 4th boss if their equipment wasn't appropriate for a lvl 100, but the psychic? I think that's more of a "learn to play" sorta situation even if their gear sucked. I started doing caster in full TT90 and I wasn't always on the ground.

Power leveling ftw? b:chuckle
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm wondering because it seems to be the case that we have a lot of self centered, rude, ignorant, and bad players on HT.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Unfortunately many people power lvl to 100, buy a R8 and think it's enough.
    R8 is not enough if people are unskilled, many people just want R8 for the ''power'' of the weapon, but they don't even have decent gears.
    How many people i see with R8 weapon and chest, but still using low lvl molds gears, i see many people lvl100+ with the necklace of legion just to get a -3%chan, OHT elemental belt, sometime even with ethereal neck/belt.
    Nothing really to do for it, just be proud of you for solo it while all die.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That sucks ian. Every time I think I'm past the nightmare caster vana squads that were numerous when it first came out, I'll get one like that.

It is possible to wipe on the third boss. The Soundboom drops an aoe now and then that can hurt if bb isn't up.

Drives me nuts to see caster who have the melee "the more -int the better" mentality when it comes to channeling. It has it's moments, but most times, you're just crippling yourself to be able to get a skill off a fraction of a second faster.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Oh, Ive seen near party wipes happen with Vampy before...especially if Soundboom does his channeling debuff (while BB's down) and AoEs with her. It only gets worse if there's two around and only one healer left due to Fatemeddlers...

As for what happened, I understand why you'd be frustrated with them. You cant do much to help them if they cant survive very well on their own to begin with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You're not a jerk Ian, far from it. This is a prime example of why I no longer join random
    squads on HT more than maybe 2 times a week, if i REALLY have to. People here just
    have no clue on how to balance them or how to even do caster.

I solo heal my runs as a cleric lately (Ok, I'm r9, but this can be done by an averagely geared cleric aswell, if they just know how to balance and work together and most importantly..have CE on their genies to get BB back up quickly.) hearing how 3 can fail this is beyond me and I feel bad for you.

I do also agree on others leeching off others fortune, weapons and gears should by lvl 100-101 be far greater than mold lvl 77 wrists +1 or TT90 weps +1. Atleast refine it a little if you plan on coming along, use apo if your HP is down by the 100 hp left mark or get decent genie skills to back it up!

I really hope you find better runs in the future, or maybe it's cruel saying it..
    don't run with those people again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    kinda takes the enjoyment out of the game playing with high level players that are inexperienced!
  • tweakz
    edited July 2012

It is possible to wipe on the third boss. The Soundboom drops an aoe now and then that can hurt if bb isn't up.

I'm tanking, so why do those 4.5k hp fledglings not stand on far side of BB from me? Is the aoe not avoidable? Not AD'able? It's making me love Mystic more now because I've finished the boss on my own. But the more I love myself, the more I despise others. b:chuckle
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I see the word hell, and I just think of all the fail NV (non-caster) runs i've been in. Then I laugh as I think about how many red hours each of those runs brought me, but then Q.Q cause I remember dropping items from those red hours.

But anyhow: If people in squad can't pull their own weight, or hell even manage to stay alive, kick and tell them to gear up some more so they don't die or **** off.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Here's another perspective. I really hate the idea of being considered 'fail' and so far I havent been accused of it yet. I play at a time when very few faction members are on and I have never been offered a Nirvana run. I have 140keys on this char and 240 on my veno.

How do I get good at Nirvana when I have never done it? I was even discussing the idea with someone the other day of world chatting something like" Making Noob-Vana squad; Non Op's needed who are prepared to die." And we then learn and practise. It would no doubt be a hella waste of keys but better than them taking up inventory space and never seeing Nirvana.

And of course the gears and weapons? I have average stuff. I dont know if its enough or not. I am not a pwr leveller, but in the time I slowly levelled all of the people I knew have left and I assume there's lots of people in my position. So what do we do?
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited July 2012
    Here's another perspective. I really hate the idea of being considered 'fail' and so far I havent been accused of it yet. I play at a time when very few faction members are on and I have never been offered a Nirvana run. I have 140keys on this char and 240 on my veno.

How do I get good at Nirvana when I have never done it? I was even discussing the idea with someone the other day of world chatting something like" Making Noob-Vana squad; Non Op's needed who are prepared to die." And we then learn and practise. It would no doubt be a hella waste of keys but better than them taking up inventory space and never seeing Nirvana.

And of course the gears and weapons? I have average stuff. I dont know if its enough or not. I am not a pwr leveller, but in the time I slowly levelled all of the people I knew have left and I assume there's lots of people in my position. So what do we do?

Veno: Can get into both caster and normal NV (APS people <3 purge + amp)

Cleric: Can get into both caster and normal NV (Aps people <3 cleric buffs and heals help the lower APS squads amazingly well)

Basically just shout that you are looking for a NV run, and you will get people in a heartbeat if it's x2. If it's outside of x2, be careful of who you go with.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BrightPurple - Dreamweaver
    BrightPurple - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    At least it's only one run. I was in a similar situation before. Lost almost 200k off my charm, but was forced to go a second run because the leader refused to give me my cut because the squad was supposed to be multi runs.

They even refused to admit their fault, and even pretend that the charm lost wasn't a big deal.

I don't even know how people can die in caster. My mystic runs around with +5 gear with no shards and survives a squad wipe just fine.
  • demxhunter
    demxhunter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i was doing snakefist bh when it happened, but i feel u on the hating part. in nv i ran over 100 nvs, made friends, and only 1 person was unhappy what i was doing. i said **** ur pissing me off, 1 more remark im spliting and kicking u. she said but i said plse..i said stop telling me how to run and others, ppl know what there suppose to do without you. after that she shut up...and left squad after split before i could kick her, thing was i got a r9+10 sin as her replacement...so sometimes u gotta tell ppl f u and f off
  • tweakz
    edited July 2012
    Veno: Can get into both caster and normal NV (APS people <3 purge + amp)

Cleric: Can get into both caster and normal NV (Aps people <3 cleric buffs and heals help the lower APS squads amazingly well)

Basically just shout that you are looking for a NV run, and you will get people in a heartbeat if it's x2. If it's outside of x2, be careful of who you go with.

As melee: I hate clerics in melee Nirvana unless they're me. I haven't seen a single other one get in melee range so the boss won't kite, and rarely do they dare dimensional seal. It's sad because it's just as safe up close as far away.
    I don't even know how people can die in caster. My mystic runs around with +5 gear with no shards and survives a squad wipe just fine.

Mystic is OP. I play 7 classes, and prize my Mystic. Cleric doesn't have anything like Verdant Shell, Cleric's heals are slower and weaker. Wiz heals are hella slow. Veno's self heals are almost non existent, and they have nothing like Verdant Shell unless they go fox form and ignore their job as caster.
  • High_Lord - Heavens Tear
    High_Lord - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    tweakz wrote: »
    As melee: I hate clerics in melee Nirvana unless they're me. I haven't seen a single other one get in melee range so the boss won't kite, and rarely do they dare dimensional seal. It's sad because it's just as safe up close as far away.

Mystic is OP. I play 7 classes, and prize my Mystic. Cleric doesn't have anything like Verdant Shell, Cleric's heals are slower and weaker. Wiz heals are hella slow. Veno's self heals are almost non existent, and they have nothing like Verdant Shell unless they go fox form and ignore their job as caster.

Don't you hate those moochbag arcane classes that have +vit on their G15 nirvana gear? I mean come on, atleast get a useful stat!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Heatwave Leader~
  • tweakz
    edited July 2012
    Here's another perspective. I really hate the idea of being considered 'fail' and so far I havent been accused of it yet.

Wish everyone felt that way.
    I play at a time when very few faction members are on and I have never been offered a Nirvana run. I have 140keys on this char and 240 on my veno.

I know faction advertise helpful; but that isn't something to look for. In a 99 key run; if you offer 2 raps for squad: not much can be expected of you.
    How do I get good at Nirvana when I have never done it?

You're already a huge step of the rest by using the forum. I just got out of a caster run as veno and there was another veno in it. Both of us had R8 weapon, mine +10; there's +12. That **** only started amping after I called them out on it. They also cast Ironwood on Phys immune boss. - If you wouldn't do those things; you'd be generally accepted. That +12 veno didn't even out DD me even when I was taking time out to amp. (was tanking)
    I was even discussing the idea with someone the other day of world chatting something like" Making Noob-Vana squad; Non Op's needed who are prepared to die." And we then learn and practise. It would no doubt be a hella waste of keys but better than them taking up inventory space and never seeing Nirvana.

My cleric is fairly nubbish to caster nirv. I often let squad know that and that I'm open to suggestions (people are tired of the buttholes that don't like being told how to play their class). It usually turns out that the other cleric is the bigger nub. Just the fact that you show concern makes me feel you're better than most.

The last 2 squads I got were 4/6 with less than 5k hp. Acceptable maybe if you're a Psy. If everyone showed up that poorly equipped: there'd be party wipes.
  • soundslegit
    soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I just don't understand the people that rush to 100 but have such crappy gears that they can't carry their own weight in a squad. b:surrender

Cuz they hear stories of how much money you make from BH100 and nirvana and all they see on WC is requests for BH100 and nirvy squads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited July 2012
    Cuz they hear stories of how much money you make from BH100 and nirvana and all they see on WC is requests for BH100 and nirvy squads.

I'm kinda like that myself, but I have a conscience? I think my barb was 101 before I had the balls to do an FF with it. Didn't even bother with FF on Cleric after having some stupid BM expect me to read their mind on where to put BB (they never stopped moving). I generally find that where I felt I'd be the nub: I'm actually better than the other.

People like me have made alts to benefit from those BH100's. The difference is that some poorly equip, poorly skill, and just moochbag off other's work/ investments. Why it's being tolerated? -no clue.
  • Radamanthys - Heavens Tear
    Radamanthys - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So last night i decided to do BH1 for RB2-3 then the squad decides to do up to RB2. Then i join another squad to do BH2 RB3 and that takes an hour. So i now have two Nirvana Tali on me and i'm happy . I join a caster run and everything was going great till the Server decides to shut down on me and i lose that Tali and an hour of my time doing RB3. By this time its around 3am and i'm tiered but want to do one last Caster run.

This is when the nightmare starts. Everything is going slow but fine till we get to the number 3 boss . This whole time i'm tanking the boss as i usually find myself doing. So as im pounding away at the boss i see my squad wipe and i pop white voodoo. At this point im tanking the boss alone and not too alarmed till my squad comes back and all die again. I should also mention there's three Clerics and another Psy & Veno in this squad. Finally after awhile i kill the boss.

Before the next boss i mention politely as i can that Caster runs arnt easy and please maybe gear up abit more before you decide to go on more runs. After that i was told i should have done this and that to save them and i failed them. So we do the forth boss and same thing i'm saving the squad after they wipe. Then on the final boss we have to do twice because they didn't have enough DD to kill it first round.

I've been playing this game for three years and have some decent gear that for the most part i worked for. Way back when R8 first came out i was the guy out there for hours grinding spiders so i can afford to buy rep. And at no part of this post i want you to think im bragging but i worked hard for many of the things i have.

What im wondering is what you think of people that seem to take advantage of others like this. I enjoy helping anyone who knows there class and is willing to help me and the squad any day. Thanks for listening to my rant and tell me what you think . Am i a jerk for feeling i was used for losing 70k of my plat charm/ 66k repair and over an hour of my time?? Take care all b:bye

up till now only thing that bothers me are random rb squads. Bms have forgotten how to stun so my aoes don't get interrupted, and pretty much everyone else has seemingly forgotten how to play their classes. As r9 wiz, I already expect to take most of the aggro with my aoes, but cmon, I'm getting real sick of noobs with 4k hp at lv 100 just sitting there ocassionally casting something or aps'ing a mob or two, I mean wtf...
  • tweakz
    edited July 2012
    up till now only thing that bothers me are random rb squads. Bms have forgotten how to stun so my aoes don't get interrupted, and pretty much everyone else has seemingly forgotten how to play their classes. As r9 wiz, I already expect to take most of the aggro with my aoes, but cmon, I'm getting real sick of noobs with 4k hp at lv 100 just sitting there ocassionally casting something or aps'ing a mob or two, I mean wtf...

Mountain's Seize, Hail Storm, otherwise I agree about BMs. They generally got it in their puny minds (just like sins) that aps is all they need. At least most BMs HF, hard to find sins that bother to Subsea.
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    People like me have made alts to benefit from those BH100's. The difference is that some poorly equip, poorly skill, and just moochbag off other's work/ investments. Why it's being tolerated? -no clue.

Because those ppl trying to earn coins in bh and caster to upgrade their gear maybe? b:shutup
    I'm sure if you tell them nicely what to do, they will improve.
    Whats your point? Boycot all the newbish and bad gear players? b:surrender
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Save a newb, save a squad.

(Okay, maybe some wont learn right away, [or at all] but there's no harm in trying to explain what needs to be done if you can...at least thats what I think)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Because those ppl trying to earn coins in bh and caster to upgrade their gear maybe? b:shutup

1. Upgrading your gears can be done in many ways, getting 20m or so from
    mats/herbs/merchanting/BH reward items isn't all that hard. I have TT90 people who's run caster for 6+ months still running in the same gear, leeching? Yes indeed. I earn 1m easily per hour AoE farming and that can be done by most casters these days during 2x. Specially clerics.

2. If you tell them something you usually end up with the comebacks I get. A wizard the other
    day couldn't push the mobs properly, we ended up dying like flies as others had too low hp
    to be kept alive once BB fell. What I did was to kindly tell the wizard to push towards the wall
    instead of out, or not at all. I got a 'Go *** yourself' back. So after this, I won't even try to 'help' anyone ever again as this isn't new.

3. Boycot the newbie players who don't know their toons. If you ran with them once and
    they can't handle it, boycot them till they either 1) Learn their toon and obvious pots/genie
    skills to make them do a better job. Or 2 ) Boycot them till they got gears enough to keep
    their newb *** off the floor thru pure luck. I'm cruel, but I'm sick of failing due to others incompetense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
  • LividLemur - Dreamweaver
    LividLemur - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm Cruel, But I'm Sick Of Failing Due To Others Incompetense.

.qotd.
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    kinda offtopic, but i was wondering.

I always see people ask for psy or wizzies for caster in WC. Right now, a half decent mystic who uses his/her storm mistress in caster does more DPS then a psy or wizzie with the same gear. So why do people never ask mystics for caster?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So why do people never ask mystics for caster?

Wild guess from my side: Probably because pushing some buttons to DD as a psy/wiz is easier to get halfway right than playing a mystic. My server got some really, really awesome mystics. But the most I have seen didn't impress me or were just fail. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited July 2012

when I have to take noobs through NV (either first time 100's (rare case), or the power level idiots who don't know their class (normal case, as of late)) I prefer to have a cleric in the squad and a sin also. This is so that I can have two sources of heasl, bloodpaint and a healer class, but this is just my preference based on running with both mystics and clerics.

I will agree that the mystic heals are able to be sent off faster, but with a slight bit of -chan put on both characters the cleric will win the day as the class was designed to be either a DD or a Healer and there isn't really a third option there, compared to the mystic which can fill any role given they know their class like the back of their hand.

But the point on cleric in melee vs ranged range....lol. I find it often times that if the boss seals me to chase after the cleric I bring, the cleric stops healing and drops tempest or another DD skill. Though that is just how I train my clerics that run with me XD. "Don't run from boss, instead metal mage it's *** for 3 seconds. Then you'll be fine."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    edited July 2012

Try it, because it seems you haven't. They get offensive and say they know what they're doing (my guess is saving pots and mooching off squad). Now venos that don't amp are just plain lazy / abusive. I could understand forgetting to amp if you haven't played veno in a while, but coming back with the excuse that the other veno is amping is not legit. I've apologized when caught on it, have yet to see another veno apologize for not amping.
    kinda offtopic, but i was wondering.

I always see people ask for psy or wizzies for caster in WC. Right now, a half decent mystic who uses his/her storm mistress in caster does more DPS then a psy or wizzie with the same gear. So why do people never ask mystics for caster?

I asked a squad maker why they'd exclude me as Mystic when I out DD my wiz in same equips. Reply was "already got two other mystics and I'm mystic". -LMAO, can you believe it though? I didn't mind because they must be mega fail to want pass up another Mystic.

One Mystic I ran with didn't pull their Storm Mistress out when I had mine out. Later in the run when mine was dying; they used theirs! -As if they cancel each other! -lol

People whine left and right here about PWI this and that, but the player base is a much bigger issue to me.