Vana or Lunar Dagger?

Options
Magic_Seeker - Sanctuary
Magic_Seeker - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
I got almost all the rapts for my sin's weapon (going straight from nothing to g15) so I Should ask , why most sins end up with g15 Dark Death Torn' instead of the g15 Lunar Daggers? I like the fact that i can trade the lunar ones later but very few sins have them , mos run around with the g15 vana ones .

So is there anything special about the nirvana ones that the lunar dont have or something i am missing? Thanks
Post edited by Magic_Seeker - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Because if they dont go straight to G15, the G13 TT ones has -0,1 interval and the G13 lunar has blood defect. Every sin loves -int b:nosebleed
    So best choice to go step by step is TT route for most of the sins.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I got almost all the rapts for my sin's weapon (going straight from nothing to g15) so I Should ask , why most sins end up with g15 Dark Death Torn' instead of the g15 Lunar Daggers? I like the fact that i can trade the lunar ones later but very few sins have them , mos run around with the g15 vana ones .

So is there anything special about the nirvana ones that the lunar dont have or something i am missing? Thanks

Both are nirvana. One is TT one is Lunar. The difference is tradability and cost.

That and unless I'm mistaken the G13 Lunar doesn't give interval. So when they try to farm the g15 from g13 the TT nirvana is better for them.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Magic_Seeker - Sanctuary
    Magic_Seeker - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    ohhh so it's only because of that interval, yes i was forgetting the -int of the tt ones . So I am better off with the lunar ones for the tradeability? My chances of getting -int + sac strike are the same for both?
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    ohhh so it's only because of that interval, yes i was forgetting the -int of the tt ones . So I am better off with the lunar ones for the tradeability? They both get the same Random Attributes when reforging right?

Correct. You are paying a slightly higher cost as well for that tradability, as well as the aesthetics of the weapon otherwise they are the same.( I like the look of lunar weapons over TT)
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    ohhh so it's only because of that interval, yes i was forgetting the -int of the tt ones . So I am better off with the lunar ones for the tradeability? My chances of getting -int + sac strike are the same for both?

yup same random stats.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

Yes that extra interval helps alot of people that can't(atm) or unable to get a tome in the near future.

There are several stats around the sin forums on how many possible rolls it can take to get certain add's and such. But alot of people take it the wrong way like saying it is .05%(example not true stat) chance to get SS and int x 1 and patt on daggers. Problem its the same chance every roll. So you could get it on the first or never. %'s does not change because you continue to reroll. It took 20 some odd rerolls to get Sac Int and patt+ on my DDT's a friend of mine got it on the 2nd roll. Another person on RT took 70 rerolls to get 2x int on lunar's. I think (maybe wrong)the odds are better to get Gof but I never got one Gof roll but I got several att lvl rolls but without int.

My final end game gear will have very little interval, just cape tome and hopfully daggers all G16 Niv. This will take me a very long time being I am farming new gear from scratch. I am thinking 6 months to a year longer?. I am still not sure on orns yet. So I will have PVE farming gear and TW gear. Oh and TW is so b:victory b:thanks

PS
    How can anyone save coins with all the catshops with all these nice things to buy lol. b:surrender
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

There are several stats around the sin forums on how many possible rolls it can take to get certain add's and such. But alot of people take it the wrong way like saying it is .05%(example not true stat) chance to get SS and int x 1 and patt on daggers. Problem its the same chance every roll. So you could get it on the first or never. %'s does not change because you continue to reroll. It took 20 some odd rerolls to get Sac Int and patt+ on my DDT's a friend of mine got it on the 2nd roll. Another person on RT took 70 rerolls to get 2x int on lunar's. I think (maybe wrong)the odds are better to get Gof but I never got one Gof roll but I got several att lvl rolls but without int.

Well that's not exactly how odds work, but yes people take them to literally.
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

I wouldn't go for g15 with int+zerk anymore. Go for g16 with +40 attack lvls, higher base dmg and better refine boni. You can also get intervall bonus on that one. The look of the g16 is same as g15 cv nv.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Well that's not exactly how odds work, but yes people take them to literally.

Yes just a very loose example b:chuckle
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Dinya - Sanctuary
    Dinya - Sanctuary Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    U should make r9 dagz directly!

Or at least g15 lunar, u CAN resell them. b:laugh
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    111 posts :o
    lunar vana dags are better, make them
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    The reason most people have Dark Death Thorn rather than Netherworld Guidance is pretty much because Dark Death Thorn is preceded by Barrier Thorn: Nirvana, which is one of the easiest -interval daggers in the game.

There's not too many reasons to get Netherworld Guidance to begin with. The tradeable status might be worth it if you're considering upgrading to something further at some point. The looks are a factor for some, as well.

But yeah, since Barrier Thorn: Nirvana is really useful and the cost of Dark Death Thorn is slightly less then Netherworld Guidance, most people go for Dark Death Thorn. If you're going straight for G15, Netherworld Guidance would be a good choice exactly for the tradeable status.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    PS
    How can anyone save coins with all the catshops with all these nice things to buy lol. b:surrender

I call it: "Shove in the bank and only have 500k on me at all times" method XD

Always works when I want to get somethin big, like atm I am getting my required items for G16 weapon. I decided instead of using my current G13 claws and going G15 with them to then go G16 (a.k.a. losing the -.1 on the G13 for some random stats on the G15/G16, i saw this as too big of a risk), I decided that I would instead go a different route.

I bought a pair of Deicides for 44 mil (the insignia, so it was clean and don't waste coin having to clear it of refines and shards), then I proceeded to start the process of rapture collecting. Currently at 42/250 after having bought the deicide, will hopefully reach the 250 mark in the coming weeks since I will be able to get some NV squads since it's x2 and this bm is 5.0+10.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    TT Nirvana all the way. Most people have H/T anyway and the tt90 and tt99 are easy and cheap to make.

Also <3 the looks of TT nirvana.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~