PVP Server

Options
thrust4money
thrust4money Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
Just wondering if anyone has some tips on what server i should choose for PVP? Im from the UK
Post edited by thrust4money on

Comments

• FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Go to private server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thrust4money
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Theres no feeling of accomplishment in private servers, basicly my thoughts on tthem are (if you cannot handle the real game, be a ***** and goto a pirate server)
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Theres no feeling of accomplishment in private servers, basicly my thoughts on tthem are (if you cannot handle the real game, be a ***** and goto a pirate server)

There's the accomplishment of being a godly player, gearing up, soloing instances, etc.

If you're prepared to shell out $1,500+, spend 3 years merchanting/farming or are extremely lucky, you might have fun here.

Just keep that in mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • thrust4money
    edited July 2012
    Options
    There's the accomplishment of being a godly player, gearing up, soloing instances, etc.

If you're prepared to shell out $1,500+, spend 3 years merchanting/farming or are extremely lucky, you might have fun here.

Just keep that in mind.

You can say the same with any F2P game its nothing new, farming is part of any mmo if you wanna get geared up and im not afraid of some farming (or alot)
  • High_Lord - Heavens Tear
    High_Lord - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    You can say the same with any F2P game its nothing new, farming is part of any mmo if you wanna get geared up and im not afraid of some farming (or alot)

Thing is, you're looking for PK. The PvP servers here have next to none now. Private servers really will have more PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Heatwave Leader~
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    It's impossible to test out personal skills in PvP in official version. The only thing you'll test is your wallet vs opponent's wallet.

Farming and merchanting won't help you if you are starting out just now. You will always be that "below average geared" player that gets oneshotted by "factors", unless you spend a lot of real $ on the game yourself.

Or maybe you are happy with playing cleric and being healslave both in PvE and PvP.

I have great memories related to official version but private servers are both better balanced and more competitive-oriented.
    Packs World International
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Hm, every private server I played, it's almost as same as official. Just replace prices from millions to billions.
    Yeah, you can have R9 in 5min, +12 it in 5min, but other things, like neck, belt, shards, are in rage of couple of billions coins.

Plus, people play private, then come to official and start being so smart, then they die often, cause they don't have any skills to survive PVE, they got used to +12 R9 b:laugh
    Then they QQ how everything is hard, and that you need full squad of R9s to finish SoT and Aba BH b:bye

And you don't have to pay any money to have good gear in PWI.
    3rd Recast Nirvana is farmable in short amount of time, and it can be compared to 1st R9.
  • thrust4money
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Hmm that does give me something to think about, i just dont like the fact of instant max lvl instant gear. I mean dont get me wrong i love pvp but when you get it all spoon fed to you its just not as fun

I have never really played private servers and i wouldnt know where to start. Kinda funny how the community of 2 games ive looked at playin have said the same thing "play private servers"
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Few people will (always) recommend you to go to private servers. But if you want real thing, only way is official server.

But on official server, you won't be instant lvl 105, you won't have instant R9 +12. So if you like it easy way, no-brainer way, go private.

If you like challenge and to use your brain, go offical.
  • thrust4money
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Few people will (always) recommend you to go to private servers. But if you want real thing, only way is official server.

But on official server, you won't be instant lvl 105, you won't have instant R9 +12. So if you like it easy way, no-brainer way, go private.

Now this is the kinda post i like to see, i take my hat off to you young sir/madam
  • Azukiarai - Harshlands
    Azukiarai - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Another quick question

Whats the differences between PVP / PVE servers? Is there open pvp /pk in both or only certain areas
    Azukiarai - A spirit that makes the sound of azuki beans being washed.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Another quick question

Whats the differences between PVP / PVE servers? Is there open pvp /pk in both or only certain areas

TL ; DR explanation.

PvE = option to flag for PvP or not.

PvP = level 30+ is permanent flat for PvP.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    Doqui - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Another quick question

there is open PK in both, but on a pve server players can choose not to participate in open world PK (you'll mainly find end-game players in PK on pve servers)

on a pvp server you are forced to be in PK mode as soon as you turn lvl 30, if you can manage
    a death every now and then (some will kill you just for the fun of it) pvp servers will be way more interresting. if you get butthurt easely go pve
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*Lollipop Chainsaw Addict sinds 05-2012*
  • Shield - Raging Tide
    Shield - Raging Tide Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

you must be new here or a CS xD

el oh el
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    Doqui - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

you must be new here or a CS xD

el oh el

pservers are fun for about 1 week, after that it's boring as hell!

it's like that realy easy girl next door, when you get into her "you know wat" it doesn't realy make you feel like a boss and you wish you would have taken the challange of that pretty girl that's hard to get
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*Lollipop Chainsaw Addict sinds 05-2012*
  • Azukiarai - Harshlands
    edited July 2012
    Options

it's like that realy easy girl next door, when you get into her "you know wat" it doesn't realy make you feel like a boss and you wish you would have taken the challange of that pretty girl that's hard to get

..lol
  • Azukiarai - Harshlands
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Im back again.. Im begining to annoy myself with all these questions so i feel your pain. Which server on US East is the most populated?
  • Shield - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Options

not saying that pservers are better at all...Im going to try one tho however he is just talking plain BS

the real thing? yeah right paying 2K to get R9 then paying the jods and refines to get some action in open pvp or top factions TWs yeah! P2W that's the real thing!

yeah because that cant be done in PWI right? LOL it just take 2 weeks (maybe less if you know ppl in any server) to power lvl and a money to get that equipment.

challenge? srsly? one shooting non r9s and ppl that put effort on the game but cant compete against cash shoppers yeah that's an awesome challenge oh and please tell how everyone can jump into the market and farm/merchant r9+12 full jods in a few months.

I may sound like a butthurt QQer but Im not. I still plan to play the game for a while; I get fun TWs against low tier factions so I cant complain and I do have some fun doing dailies (not that much tbh but meh) there is no a real challenge tbh and you can only see who is better in a server where everyone use the same gear imo but who cares lol
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    All I'll say to the QQ about cashshop pay2win is.

Top tier faction tws are boring/dead.

#1 facerolls #2 and #3. #2 and #3 avoid each other and try to faceroll the mid/low tier factions for the epeen boost after getting face rolled by #1. (I purposefully tried to be in one of the #2 or #3 to try to attack against #1 but no1 really tries to anymore)

All the mid/low tier non cashshopped tw factions are the ones having all the fun long tws.

So ignore people who make biased posts without seeing the whole picture.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I don't really agree with private servers at all, but there are a few good points.

If you plan to go to a PvP server and NOT cash shop heavily, you'll definitely be talking a year or more hardcore farming or merchanting. That pretty much puts you at playing a full year or more of just PvE or afk in a catshop. Doesn't really sound like a fun PvP experience. Also, who knows where the game will be in a year. It probably wont be shut down or anything, but the population will definitely be smaller and cash shop players definitely even further ahead than ever.

A private server might be fun for a week, but who's to say the official game wont be the same once you hit your goal. One shotting low-geared players and trying to find one of the handful of cash shoppers to battle in a game with dying open world PvP might get old rather fast. As far as I can see, a lot of big names log in twice a week for TW and that's it.

It's great that you want to earn it all yourself, but it is a huge investment of time out of your own life. Is it really worth it for PWI?
  • Shield - Raging Tide
    edited July 2012
    Options
    All I'll say to the QQ about cashshop pay2win is.

Top tier faction tws are boring/dead.

#1 facerolls #2 and #3. #2 and #3 avoid each other and try to faceroll the mid/low tier factions for the epeen boost after getting face rolled by #1. (I purposefully tried to be in one of the #2 or #3 to try to attack against #1 but no1 really tries to anymore)

All the mid/low tier non cashshopped tw factions are the ones having all the fun long tws.

So ignore people who make biased posts without seeing the whole picture.

and that's what I said...I do have fun doing TW in a low tier faction; I'm not QQing but stating the facts.

is just kinda funny when ppl say that PWI is more "challenging" than a private server or that private servers are on "easy mode" when you can buy out everything to one shot ppl in one version and you need to fight same geared people in the other one. I'm not even talking about rank sets but equally refined and sharded gears
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Just go to a pserver. PVP on HL is dead since everyone just wants to sit outside of sz and hold hands instead of killing each other and LC isn't much better supposedly. TW's just straight-up not that great unless you're in a decent lower-tier faction or alt faction that isn't being ganked by higher-tier factions. Also, I just plain would not give any money to PWE at this point and it's the only way you're going to get decently geared in any reasonable amount of time now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute