:D I Am so New Help Me Out Tips,Info,Etc!

Options
roartiger60
roartiger60 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
b:chuckle HEY PWI players im from ESO i just quit today with my bf so we decided to start playing this game im totally NEW at this type of game so help me out any tips anything you need to tell me just please dont be shy :D !!! i wanna know everything about this game and what better information to get it from the the awesome players that play PWIb:thanks DOMO ARIGOTO!!!!<3
Post edited by roartiger60 on

Comments

• TsarBomba - Heavens Tear
    TsarBomba - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Reading the stickies would be a good start. Have a nice day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Welcome.

My best advice is to not hang around the forums... spend this time in the game. Dive in, play for a couple levels. Find an active, helpful faction. Explore everything. Team up with your friend to finish quests and kick butt.

Then, come back to the forums and read the stickies, and maybe post a couple informed questions that are a little easier to answer. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • mrcharlytoo
    mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Follow the in-game prompts (these appear for the first few levels).

Do every quest you can (press Q to bring up quest window, take a look at the 'available quests' tab).

Doing quests is the best way for new players to gain exp and money

As soon as you have 2000, go to an merchant and buy a pickaxe. This enables you to dig up the plants, coal, iron etc - you need these later on.
  • Shield - Raging Tide
    Shield - Raging Tide Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    do not play this game.

/bestadviceever
  • DeadRaven - Sanctuary
    DeadRaven - Sanctuary Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Welcome to the game. The first thing I would recommend is, just play the game however you want to play it. Don't feel pressured into doing certain things just because other people are....like spending thousands of real life dollars or power-leveling your characters in a few days.
    Welcome.

My best advice is to not hang around the forums... spend this time in the game. Dive in, play for a couple levels. Find an active, helpful faction. Explore everything. Team up with your friend to finish quests and kick butt.

Then, come back to the forums and read the stickies, and maybe post a couple informed questions that are a little easier to answer. b:chuckle

This is great advice except that I would recommend that after you pick which class you want to play, come back to the forum and read the stickies about your class so that you have a good idea of how to build your character. You dont have to follow the advice on the stickies word for word but it helps to have some guidance with how to optimize your character's potential. I remember having to re-start my cleric because I screwed up my stats and did not want to pay for a reset scroll >.<
  • XEmporia - Archosaur
    XEmporia - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    don't do the tiger badge quest. it's a waste of coins. b:lipcurl
  • Arthursoul - Archosaur
    Arthursoul - Archosaur Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    b:chuckle HEY PWI players im from ESO i just quit today with my bf so we decided to start playing this game im totally NEW at this type of game so help me out any tips anything you need to tell me just please dont be shy :D !!! i wanna know everything about this game and what better information to get it from the the awesome players that play PWIb:thanks DOMO ARIGOTO!!!!<3

It best to read not just the Stickies but also PWI Wiki they have the answer you need

But for other things peoples can freely help you
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    do not play this game.

/bestadviceever

+non-existant number that is larger than any number ever...oh yeah, INFINITY
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Lithuanny - Sanctuary
    Lithuanny - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    do not belive anyone on your way, sometimes u can belive your guild, and without guild you will do nothing in dungeons. and collect everything- money money money!