dex veno

earwignoodle
earwignoodle Posts: 5 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Venomancer
hey guys i am experimenting with a build for new veno. I want her to use magic as her main attack, but i want her to have a bow as a secondary attack. this is the stat distribution i thought of

even levels 4 mag 1 vit
odd levels 2 magic 3 dex.

would this work out? I am not doing this to become the best at pvp or pve i just want to use this character for fun. can this be fine tuned for maxiumum effiency?
Post edited by earwignoodle on

Comments

• Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    unless you are planning to somehow glitch claws for added dps in fox form it isnt really worth it.

without skills, and without the added phys attack boost of fox form we just don't put out enough damage to make bow feasible for anything other than inferior pulling of mobs, certainly not to even compete in pvp against similar level players. I am still an LA veno so I have highish dex, but you still need a fair amount of strength to wield a bow anywhere near your level. I do have a bow and used to use it for things like the winter snowman event (and could often outshoot archers which was funny). It was also useful for a time to do the heads in FCC as we are limited in our aoe skills and casting can be a bit slow sometimes when you are going for numbers.

You might be able to make it work if you are doing it for fun, but it isnt ever really going to be efficient - plus while the bow is equipped you cant use any of your own hp/mp healing skills, pet healing etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • shopitup
    shopitup Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What armor would you use, when you're not adding any STR? Unless you typo'd vit for str, in which case you could wear arcane.

It could probably be made to "work" in the sense you'd have a pet to tank for you while you DD'd away with minimal-power magic attacks and a bow that'd never come close to the physical damage output by any of the phys DD classes. You could probably have plenty fun playing it if that's how you want to play a character.

I guess it couldn't hurt you to roll such a veno on a spare account and try it out. But if you want to kill fast or tank lots of damage, the more standard builds would work far better in the long run.
  • earwignoodle
    edited July 2012
    I have a heavy veno as my main on my main account. i like the veno class but im not a fan of the magic so i want to experiment with push the veno a bit lol. b:laugh
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have a heavy veno as my main on my main account. i like the veno class but im not a fan of the magic so i want to experiment with push the veno a bit lol. b:laugh

So you want a caster with pets, debuffs, long range attacks, AOE's and not a fan of mag?

Seeker forum is that way
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Azuraeclipse - Archosaur
    Azuraeclipse - Archosaur Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I like what your doing, but if you make GOOD LA type of veno that will work, please let me know (even though im more of a fan for HA venos)
    I Laugh in the face of danger, Then I hide until it goes away :3
  • earwignoodle
    edited July 2012
    I like what your doing, but if you make GOOD LA type of veno that will work, please let me know (even though im more of a fan for HA venos)

i know. i made an alt account so that i can have a shop open while i play. this is pather XD
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Because venos don't already have better range, or ranged pets?
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.