Keep getting kicked off server pls help

suey
suey Posts: 8 Arc User
edited July 2012 in General Discussion
I have been having some problems with being booted from the server. I am playing on my laptop via a router. Typically I can get logged in and play for a while and then all of a sudden I can't perform any commands. I can't attack, talk, anything, but my char can still move around. After a minute or so a box pops up saying I have lost my connection. When I log out my connection to the internet is disabled and I have reconnect ot the internet and then log back into the game. Is there a setting on my wireless internet that could be doing this or a bug? I have tried shuting off my firewall and playing but it still boots me. If you have any advice or know why my router might do this please let me know. I have a Linksys router. Thanks.
Post edited by suey on

Comments

• godzillla
    godzillla Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i like kittens
  • Mizuryu - Harshlands
    Mizuryu - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    godzillla wrote: »
    i like kittens

I should cut you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    suey wrote: »
    I have been having some problems with being booted from the server. I am playing on my laptop via a router. Typically I can get logged in and play for a while and then all of a sudden I can't perform any commands. I can't attack, talk, anything, but my char can still move around. After a minute or so a box pops up saying I have lost my connection. When I log out my connection to the internet is disabled and I have reconnect ot the internet and then log back into the game. Is there a setting on my wireless internet that could be doing this or a bug? I have tried shuting off my firewall and playing but it still boots me. If you have any advice or know why my router might do this please let me know. I have a Linksys router. Thanks.

Contact your internet provider for assistance - wireless is notorious for pulsing the connection to your computer - this pulsing makes the game disconnect. Internet company should be able to help you fix your router settings if not go to a wired internet connect b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    suey wrote: »

I run a {Linksys Router System} here at my place in the {200+ Unit Apartment complex} I presently live in; and when it has happened here B4 I usually just Unplug the power cords to the Router system boxes for like 20 seconds then Plug them back in so they do a Hard Reboot themselves, that usually does the job for me when it happens here.......b:thanks

But originally I had the probs like that back a few years ago, when they had yet to still bring in the (High speed) 'Fiber Optic trunk lines', into the Apartment complex area I live in and we were stuck on the old Style 'Copper trunk lines' in the area, and it wasn't able to keep up with the Modern day & Ages Traffic demands, with all the 'Modern Websites, New Games and Internet traffic usage' so that was always booting me back then in (2008-2009) So you might wanna also check to make sure your neighborhoods not still running on the old 'copper lines' for internet, because they tend to drop people in majorly bad ways! During Peek usage hours in local areas......b:victory

• Mizuryu - Harshlands
    Mizuryu - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Contact your internet provider for assistance - wireless is notorious for pulsing the connection to your computer - this pulsing makes the game disconnect. Internet company should be able to help you fix your router settings if not go to a wired internet connect b:pleased

Check the date.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • High_Lord - Heavens Tear
    High_Lord - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2012

As useful as this is, really, you should check the date before posting to a necro'd thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Heatwave Leader~
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Check the date.

LOLZzzzzz!!!b:chuckle

D*Mn! YOur Right!!!!1 LMAOoooo!!!!!!!!!!b:dirty

YOu can tell I'm tired tonight, if I didn't notice it........ ROFLMAO!!!!!!!b:laugh

Strange to find a NECRO which only had its original Posting on it, And no other postings..........~_~' (x)1,000!!!!!
  • godzillla
    godzillla Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
This discussion has been closed.