Blacklist extension stone plz

Options
Seeperd - Heavens Tear
Seeperd - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Suggestion Box
It is amazing how many players these days resort to vulgar language on WC.

Swearing and profanity has become order of the day for certain players. Now I wanted to make sure that it is not only on HT that this happens. As such I created quick chars on 3 other servers as well and just sat there watching WC for a while over the last couple of days.

It happens on all the servers apparently. b:sad

Where are the days when you got banned a week or so for swearing, using profanity or being racist?

Players blatantly "calling out" PWI to ban them, yet day after day nothing happens.

Yes you may say that : JUST BLACKLIST THEM - But my blacklist is full.... now what ?
Yes you may say : Screen players below certain lvl..... Problem is that most of these players are lvl 100 or above.

I am not without blame...please dont get me wrong, I do swear as well, but I think we can all agree that more aften than not it really gets out of hand.

So my question is: PWI Provide us with an blacklist extension in some way shap or form. PLEASE.

I come for the enjoyment of the game, not to see people being absurdly rude or just plain foolish.

It takes a big person to swear....and even a bigger person not to....

FYI : If you want to leave the game PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO IT !!! dont WC for 3 days about how you are threatning to leave.... That's pathetic....
I went to bed last night, lying on my back, looking up at the millions and millions of stars. During this time 2 thoughts crossed my mind:

1 - Do we really believe that we are alone in this vast universe...
2 - If only I knew who stole my roof....
Post edited by Seeperd - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• HardToFind - Raging Tide
    HardToFind - Raging Tide Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I hate to tell you this but you better get used to it, WC trolls always have been and always will be around.
    This is because PWE really does not care and so does nothing about it, its that simple.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I hate to tell you this but you better get used to it.
    This is because PWE really does not care and so does nothing about it, its that simple.

Oh no actually you are quite wrong in that assumption. They do care, however it isn't up to our GM's to create the item. It is the Chiense Devs to do such things. Our PWE staff is just a distributing company which does nothing other then control the sales / putting in the updates from china / sending issues to china / customer support.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • shopitup
    shopitup Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Blacklist extension stones do not yet exist in-game. From this we may conclude either:

1. Teleacoustics are so expensive in PW-CN that Chinese players can't afford to waste them on BS
    2. PW-CN servers are all PvP and have a carved-in-stone player culture of mass ganking WC trolls
    3. WC trolling is actually bannable, and the rule enforced, by PW-CN GMs
    4. PW-CN does not have a blacklist to extend, or it doesn't work on their worldchat
    5. Or, some combination of any several of the above.

Discuss.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Oh no actually you are quite wrong in that assumption. They do care, however it isn't up to our GM's to create the item. It is the Chiense Devs to do such things. Our PWE staff is just a distributing company which does nothing other then control the sales / putting in the updates from china / sending issues to china / customer support.

I think she meant they don't care enough to keep an eye on world chat and punish those who say inappropriate things.

But you are right, as far as creating a new item goes. All they can do is forward our feelings on the matter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I think she meant they don't care enough to keep an eye on world chat and punish those who say inappropriate things.

But you are right, as far as creating a new item goes. All they can do is forward our feelings on the matter.

If that is the case, it's because they are too busy dealing with more important things then to sit around in worldchat 24/7 watching chat...... People think that GM's are these omnipotent gods that can do all, see all, be all. When in fact they are just another human being just like you and me doing the best they can in the limited time they have per work day with the limited resources at their disposal.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Seeperd - Heavens Tear
    Seeperd - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    If that is the case, it's because they are too busy dealing with more important things then to sit around in worldchat 24/7 watching chat...... People think that GM's are these omnipotent gods that can do all, see all, be all. When in fact they are just another human being just like you and me doing the best they can in the limited time they have per work day with the limited resources at their disposal.

WOW KawaiiJen.....strong words there - Hoping for a job as a mod? b:puzzled

Annalyse has got it...KEEP AN EYE on world chat is all that is required.

Not at any point did i say they must be online 24/7 or that they are omnipotant gods. If that is all you got from my post then I would call your post a troll and that you are extremely short sighted in what you read.

Anyway - If GM's just pop in every now and again it would be great as well. Point is they dont....
    I went to bed last night, lying on my back, looking up at the millions and millions of stars. During this time 2 thoughts crossed my mind:

1 - Do we really believe that we are alone in this vast universe...
    2 - If only I knew who stole my roof....
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options

Yeah, more important things like Halo II or whatever they play now in the PWI office of PWE.

I'm really glad I switched from PWI to STO. >_> You can turn a profanity filter on or off over there, and it actually works if you have it on. It's not impossible to defeat, but from my time playing, nobody really tried.

Granted, if you have an issue, you get PWE's legendary (or infamous, the definition of that word and the reality matches up better) customer support. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
    edited July 2012
    Options
    WOW KawaiiJen.....strong words there - Hoping for a job as a mod? b:puzzled

Annalyse has got it...KEEP AN EYE on world chat is all that is required.

Not at any point did i say they must be online 24/7 or that they are omnipotant gods. If that is all you got from my post then I would call your post a troll and that you are extremely short sighted in what you read.

Anyway - If GM's just pop in every now and again it would be great as well. Point is they dont....
    Why do people think I want mod? I don't want to be biched at like the current mods do. Nor do I want to spend the time they do on modding the forums.

They do pop on from time to time.... 90% of the time they are in invisible mode dealing with ingame issues.
    Yeah, more important things like Halo II or whatever they play now in the PWI office of PWE.

I'm really glad I switched from PWI to STO. >_> You can turn a profanity filter on or off over there, and it actually works if you have it on. It's not impossible to defeat, but from my time playing, nobody really tried.

Granted, if you have an issue, you get PWE's legendary (or infamous, the definition of that word and the reality matches up better) customer support. >_>

Meh people always assume they aren't doing anything -_-. If they never did anything how come I get tickets resolved and see them active on forums and testing patches before maintance etc etc.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Sadly Jen is correct about the lot of the issues brought up in this topic. If the NA branch had the ability to fix or create things themselves (or more so, the approval of the Chinese company to do so) then we'd be in a much better position where the game stands in today bugs and features wise.

A lot of good suggestions are being transferred to the Chinese team but that's really all PWE can do in regards to the suggestions made by us. I'm unsure if any of them are noted by the Chinese team and which ones are in development and which aren't but regardless, they're sure taking their sweet time developing anything.

In fact, they didn't even complete the last expansion in time and released it anyway - so I wouldn't hold my breathe when it comes to Wanmei. b:surrender

As for players circumventing the swear filter in game, or simply using bad language, you can always report them to customer service since any GM monitoring WC wouldn't be able to do it 24/7, anyway.

With that, moved to the suggestion forum!