PVP - 102 Mage

Options
U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
U_Sasuke - Sanctuary Posts: 643 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Wizard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrF-jd4bNIs

I recently switched to Demon, any feedback would be helpful on how to improve myself.
Post edited by U_Sasuke - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Looked pretty flawless to me. The mortal reversion was used really nicely as well as the sutra MS spark. I don't know why he doesn't have SoF when fighting a wizard as a HA.
  • High_Lord - Heavens Tear
    High_Lord - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I really, no REALLY, liked your use of mortal reversion. Your use of control skills was pretty amazing as well.

One question, how long ago did you switch to demon?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Heatwave Leader~
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    arcane D
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Watter - Lost City
    Watter - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    just one question... how did the mage shrinked backwards?
  • Watter - Lost City
    Watter - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    And also, in these kind of fights (duels, occasional 1v1s in TWs, pk), demon mages are that much better than sages?
  • High_Lord - Heavens Tear
    High_Lord - Heavens Tear Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    just one question... how did the mage shrinked backwards?

Arcane Defense, level 100 Morai Skill from Shroud.
    And also, in these kind of fights (duels, occasional 1v1s in TWs, pk), demon mages are that much better than sages?

Due to their control skills, I would say yes. In those types of fights demon>sage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Heatwave Leader~
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I really, no REALLY, liked your use of mortal reversion. Your use of control skills was pretty amazing as well.

One question, how long ago did you switch to demon?

Not very long. I'm working towards improving my gears and practice my wizard.

I asked for suggestions on this thread, guess none.
  • _Nesseh_ - Archosaur
    _Nesseh_ - Archosaur Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    alight, i have a few questions..
    what is your genie build?
    what are your gear refines/gear?
    how long have you been on PWI?
    how significant are demons controll skills better than the sages since i just got a free sachism mold and im thikning to change to demon since i PK ALOT

EDIT: i am currently lvl 96 with 200k rep 86% working onlvling core connect ahasnt updated my avitar and ii just got back after 6 months D:
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I asked for suggestions on this thread, guess none.

You should carry more HP food and use Phys Defense Charms.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    You should carry more HP food and use Phys Defense Charms.

b:shocked When did you start trolling
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    alight, i have a few questions..
    what is your genie build?
    what are your gear refines/gear?
    how long have you been on PWI?
    how significant are demons controll skills better than the sages since i just got a free sachism mold and im thikning to change to demon since i PK ALOT

EDIT: i am currently lvl 96 with 200k rep 86% working onlvling core connect ahasnt updated my avitar and ii just got back after 6 months D:

-Dex Genie 86/100
    90 dex, 75 magic, 42 vit.[EP, Spark, AD, Wind Shield, Holypath, badge, fortify]

-full r9 +10 with immac garnets, +11 wep with 2x sapphire, +10 G14 cube necklace, r8/r9 rings, glorious robe torment +7 with 2x garnet gems, champ scroll helm +10 with 3 x citrine gems.

-2 and a half years i think?

they are more reliable than sage control skills in pk, but sage wizard are still better for tw
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I'm actually very impressed. First wizard I've seen on these forums after Adroit and HurrDurr who know what they're doing; those who made videos anyway. I saw very little in terms of mistakes to the point where there's no point in talking about it. The little mistakes will always happen but even then there weren't many. You used everything rather perfectly.
  • EIijah - Lost City
    EIijah - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    there were plenty of mistakes. you're critting him for about 30% of his hp, if not more, why did it take you so long to kill him?
    your spark combo failed numerous times,
    you got the perfect life reversion on him and still failed to kill him,
    you let him stunlock and kill you,
    you spend more time kiting than anything else cuz you don't know how to resist at all...

i don't see any skill here. this is just luck and gear combined with about ten minutes spent reading spell descriptions.

you want some tips?
    1. stop 1v1ing on uneven ground
    2. be smarter than your enemy - force the barb to use solid shield or w/e then nuke afterwards, so he can't absorb all your dmg
    3. run less, shrink more when necessary. you're slow as fuq, he's fast as fuq, you're just giving his charm time to tick.
    4. learn how to time your cc skills. this barb did more cc to you than you did to him.

idk why these other guys are licking your **** clean, you ended up losing 2-1 so you weren't flawless in any sense of the word. you screwed up a lot, it's obvious in the video and obvious in the score. you got some fans i guess.
    wizard pvp videos: youtube.com/user/elijahpvp
  • mkim12
    mkim12 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
  • EIijah - Lost City
    EIijah - Lost City Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    mkim12 wrote: »

this^
    look at how fast i killed those 2 barbs with spark combo, then i got unlucky with my badge of courage being on c/d :(

ps thanks for looking through my videos
    wizard pvp videos: youtube.com/user/elijahpvp
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    i love how you played against a ****ty barb on vendetta and think you're super good. all private server kids sucks and i don't care what you say. Considering my gear i can easily get 1 shot by that barb i fought with a zerk or good critical because i don't have private server +12 OP gears to tank all day. I couldn't kill him after perfect mortal reversion because unlike ****ty barbs from your private server, he's decent and just invoke/solidshield to tank my damage. Unlike you, i don't cry about fighting on uneven ground, i fight anywhere i have to, im not gonna run away for 20 min to find uneven grounds, that also gives barb an edge to run smooth and fast. I don't see me letting him stun-lock me cuz i fortify his stuns with perfect timing, badge is risky to use cuz it can still fail sometimes with 90 dex, so i put it in reserve. My spark combos fail'd because they were fake to bait out his SS/Invoke, i never intend to kill barbs with them most of the times. Go back to your trash private server with OP gears and ****ty people to 1on1 with. If you think you're as good as you brag, come start playing sanctuary and we'll put you in line private-server warrior.

And i don't have any fans, this is my first video and people that are posting aren't even from my servers, maybe you're butt hurt cuz they think i'm a decent wizard compare to you're private server fail ***.

And at last, go post your **** on vendetta forum p-server scrub, you don't see me posting my **** there, so stop posting your **** on our forums.
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    this^
    look at how fast i killed those 2 barbs with spark combo, then i got unlucky with my badge of courage being on c/d :(

ps thanks for looking through my videos

lol I cant tell if you are being serious b/c I wasnt (mkim)

you didn't do anything horribly wrong (asides from dieing to an idiot) but we cant actually tell if you are any good since your opponent is really bad.

I really loved the way you baited him into using SS before sutra spark combo ... not.

In all fairness atleast you tried to w/ a canceled BIDS which is not a bad idea, but be honest your opponent is either stupid or so bad they wouldn't react (which would negate the need for you to bait him/her into wasting SS, so fight some1 good). awesome "pro" play of sutra spark fire, watered down versions of what usas/everywizard has used.

p.s. I only looked through a few vids was trying to find wiz vs barb (alot of wiz vs wiz).
    I only looked briefly and I don't think you are bad atleast, but your opponents suck, so even if you were good we wouldn't be able to tell.

if you could link a vid in which you vs some1 good that would be nice ty.
  • truthhurtsouch
    truthhurtsouch Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    After watching both videos and taking into consideration gear, time being a demon wiz, opponent and the fact that is not a private server where you have top notch everything... I think U_Sasuke is by far one of the best wizards I've ever seen.

Like Ruvil said Elijah looks pretty decent wizard but we would never be able to tell how "good" exactly with such bad opponents. His fight with the last barb was pretty bad on his end got put down pretty easily with a predictable move. Just looking at Elijah post I can see it is pretty much ego talking rather than an honest opinion, just looking for flaws where there aren't any really.

Your playstyle was nearly perfect except for mistakes of spontaneous reaction, lag, missclicks (maybe lol) that happen to everyone, even the best. Get better gear and start using pdef charms like Asterelle said.

Overall, very impressive.
  • illinit
    illinit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    It's hilarious that you ask for ask for suggestions then argue when you actually get some.
    If you were really looking for some criticism, you'd take it, but you're obviously so proud of your ugly loss to this mediocre barb you decided to post the video from his point of view to pander to these brown-nosers. Do you really think you're good? Do you honestly feel like you didn't make that many mistakes and everything I've said is wrong? If you do believe so, why did you lose?

all private server kids sucks and i don't care what you say.
    That's pretty ignorant and bigoted. You do know that most of the big-name LC players used to play on V, right? I could name plenty, but, I'm sure it'd upset you to hear such a thing, considering you're literally pissing your pants in anguish already.
    Considering my gear i can easily get 1 shot by that barb i fought with a zerk or good critical
    Sucks for you, l2p.
    I couldn't kill him after perfect mortal reversion
    It wasn't perfect, you leapt and ****ed it up like a total moron.
    Unlike you, i don't cry about fighting on uneven ground
    Neither do I. But if I'm going to do a sanctioned 1v1, I'd do it some place like Sirry or Cromagnon where I wouldn't have to suffer from the warp/lag side-effect that comes with leaping from a higher elevation to a lower one. That's not crying, that's just common sense, and you'd have to be a moron to think otherwise. If Perfect World really were perfect, that lag wouldn't happen, but it isn't, so it does. Therefore, the most logical course of action would be to prevent it.

And at last, go post your **** on vendetta forum p-server scrub, you don't see me posting my **** there, so stop posting your **** on our forums.
    You are so butthurt.

After watching both videos and taking into consideration gear, time being a demon wiz, opponent and the fact that is not a private server where you have top notch everything... I think U_Sasuke is by far one of the best wizards I've ever seen.
    If anything, private servers make it harder to win 1v1s. When everyone has equal gear with all their lv11 spells, it really does come down to player knowledge and skill. There's no gear inequality, lack of demon/sage spells, bad sharding, crappy genies, etc. Having "top notch everything" doesn't mean anything when your opponent is the exact same.

Like Ruvil said Elijah looks pretty decent wizard but we would never be able to tell how "good" exactly with such bad opponents. His fight with the last barb was pretty bad on his end got put down pretty easily with a predictable move. Just looking at Elijah post I can see it is pretty much ego talking rather than an honest opinion, just looking for flaws where there aren't any really.
    That was the first fight I ever lost to that barb, and I admit, I got rolled. If I were as egotistical as you think I wouldn't upload any losses, but, I've got plenty and you can see for yourself.
  • illinit
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Bottom line:
    Are you good? Yes.
    Are you as good as you think you are? No.
    Did you do well in this video? No.
    Do you have a lot of things to improve upon? Yes.

If you wouldn't take this forum so seriously and actually read the posts instead of getting so emotionally invested in this game you'd see that you're not flawless, very impressive, or anything anyone else in this thread calls you because you're just a decent mage that lost to a mediocre barb.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWSx0bBiNIs
  • truthhurtsouch
    edited July 2012
    Options
    First of all, why are you calling FkinMaltaMan a fail barb? He is much better than those shown on your own video.

Second, fighting a nearly 40k hp demon barb as a squishy wizard in the official version requires more skill than playing on a full +12/josd pj in a private server who doesn't get 1 shot by any zerk crit skill except Armageddon.

And third, just fyi, just because the "top players" from pvp servers play on vendetta it doesn't mean that they are the best. My myself have witnessed players on pve servers who pvp better than the great majority of pvp servers. It's funny when ppl think that if you play on a pvp server that makes you pro, I lol @ that cuz it doesn't.

I'm sorry but you are not making any positive criticism, what you are doing is hating on this wiz because you are just full of yourself and think you can do much better than him when you use a totally different level/scenario with lesser skilled opponents as your example.
  • illinit
    edited July 2012
    Options
    First of all, why are you calling FkinMaltaMan a fail barb? He is much better than those shown on your own video.
    I never once said fail, I said mediocre. Malta isn't fail in any regards.
    Second, fighting a nearly 40k hp demon barb as a squishy wizard in the official version requires more skill than playing on a full +12/josd pj in a private server who doesn't get 1 shot by any zerk crit skill except Armageddon.
    Is it harder to survive for USas? Definitely.
    Is it harder to kill Malta? No. Not at all.
    It doesn't equal out to being the same difficulty, but like I said before, when you and your opponent have the exact same quality of gear and sharding and spells it really does come down to skill.
    Is Malta a bad barb? No.
    Does he have to be good to zerk crit? No.
    And third, just fyi, just because the "top players" from pvp servers play on vendetta it doesn't mean that they are the best.
    I never said they were. I just stated that a lot of LC players have played on PWV because LC is the server most known for PK and skill. I'm not saying other servers aren't as skilled, I'm saying they generally aren't as known for it.
    My myself have witnessed players on pve servers who pvp better than the great majority of pvp servers. It's funny when ppl think that if you play on a pvp server that makes you pro, I lol @ that cuz it doesn't.
    I know that. I originally started playing on HT. Why do you make so many assumptions?

I'm sorry but you are not making any positive criticism, what you are doing is hating on this wiz
    I'm not hating on him, I don't even know him. I just know that he's just as egotistical as you claim I am. How is saying that fighting on uneven ground is "hating on him"? Did you notice how many times he leapt, got stuck in the air and had to spend extra time just getting back to the ground? That's a huge hindrance and can get you killed really, really easily. It's not dumb to suggest fighting on flat ground. I know you can't pick and choose all your battles but, when you can, it's better to have as few disadvantages as you can, right?
    and think you can do much better than him
    So?
    you use a totally different level/scenario with lesser skilled opponents as your example.
    I never once linked to my video, someone else did. I didn't provide any example whatsoever. Someone else brought that up as an attempt to bash me, but hey, I don't mind. I'll upload losses because I know I'm not perfect either, but when I ask for criticism or suggestions I take it - unlike this poor fool.
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    lol i should let him 1on1 on my mage vs maltaman and see if he still talks afterward. I did posted this for suggestion, but what you gave me were not even suggestion, more like ego mania attitude "ohh i can do better than u, u suck". I'm open to all suggestions, but not from kids with attitude that only they know how to really play. i've seen u going to others video and just trash talk how bad they all play when infact you're not good at all yourself.
  • illinit
    edited July 2012
    Options
    lol i should let him 1on1 on my mage vs maltaman and see if he still talks afterward.

Do it then.
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    illinit wrote: »
    Do it then.

ok come log on sanctuary and pm U_Sasuke i'll let u use it to fight and we gonna record that
  • illinit
    edited July 2012
    Options
  • U_Sasuke - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    illinit wrote: »

Elijah vs Roidabuse (barb from our server)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljpPZ7DkUy0&feature=youtu.be

0 - 5 Score vs an uncharmed barb. GG b:bye
  • illinit
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Elijah vs Roidabuse (barb from our server)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljpPZ7DkUy0&feature=youtu.be

0 - 5 Score vs an uncharmed barb. GG b:bye
    Yup, I got oneshotted three out of five times on a full +10 mage w/ immac garnets by a full +12 barb with josds.

No amount of skill will stop zerk crits, lmfao.
  • truthhurtsouch
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Is 3 pieces of gear +12 not all of them, cube necklace is +3, only 22.4k hp in human and not even charmed barb...

Imagine your chances against FkinMaltaMan with 38k hp and a charm? You simple got outplayed by RoidAbuse in your every moves, he's not a scrub barb like the ones on your private server video, also looked like you had your even ground elevation commodity. Not 1 time I saw you make use of morai skills or use air-to-ground advantages just to mention a few. I guess you screwed up? it was obvious in the video and obvious in the score against a lesser barb.

Like I said before, fights in the official version are harder than on private server it takes more skill focusing on being offensive and surviving at the same time on a squishy pj even more if you are the undergeared one.

You are not a bad wizard but not as good as you think you are, so yeah next time don't go off on someone calling them fail just because you think you can do better. You should be the one taking notes from U_Sasuke, not the other way around. =P
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
This discussion has been closed.