Chi Siphon vs. Cloud Eruption

Options
stealthxbomber
stealthxbomber Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Blademaster
I'd like to see your views on which skill is best for TW, personally I've been using Chi Siphon but was thinking of switching to CE. b:victory
Post edited by stealthxbomber on

Comments

• thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Cloud Eruption better in general, but can depend on Genie build: str vs dex.
  • _eVeReL_ - Sanctuary
    _eVeReL_ - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    As far as im aware chi siphon gives u more chi spread over a longer period of time (15 or 30 seconds? not sure), but cloud eruption gives u at least 2 sparks instantly, depending on genie build.

For my bm, personally i use cloud eruption because it gives enuff chi to demon spark then pop off an hf bfore pounding on some random boss. b:chuckle
    I crack myself up!! b:laugh b:chuckle b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the first one.
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    This be the reason why this guy is so smart!! b:surrender
  • ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide
    ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Well Chi Sphion gives 2 sparks instantly and it gives your ENEMY full sparks over time.
    Chi siphon can be quite useful in some situations but in most cases I would say Cloud eruption would be best. You can multi client and have a low level character with Chi siphon on their genie stand outside the TW instance and everytime you die, you can pop out and cast it on yourself and go back in with sparks.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Chi Siphon actually works great in PvE. If you find yourself only using CE while attacking stuff, switch to Chi Siphon.

TW/PvP this is a mixed bag. Problem is, if you dont kill the person you chi siphoned...grats you just helped the hell outta them.

But, if your focus is Chi killing, or your team is good with killing right after you Chi Siphon - you can really **** people. BUT, make sure you kill them fast enough.

I don't kill fast enough and half the time Im wanting to use my Genie for chi with nothing around in TW, so I switched back to CE. It's really a playstyle and capability thing.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • CometLeone - Sanctuary
    CometLeone - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Chi Siphon works nicely in PvE (since mobs dont have chi but the skill still fills your chi-bar)
    but in PvP, like Maelael said, If you dont kill your opponent you just helped them out.

On the other hand, Cloud Eruption has advantages in PvP like not needing a target.

For TW I would personally go for CE.
    A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
    ~Bruce Lee
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Always used CE until this current 2x.
    Its probably because my old genie sucked, but CE on that genie gave me 1 spark plus a very little bit. That genie was aimed at 3.00.sec regen btw.

Now that i duo nirvy, i wanna kill the foxies solo. For that i needed Chi Siphon, because that gives me 2 sparks plus a very little bit. Spark, HF, and Bolt.

That Chi Siphon genie isnt ready for use. Im aiming at 175+ energy whilst still getting 3.00/sec regen.

I only PVE btw.

Edit: ok the genie is ready. Hit 320K with the skill combo in 1K. =]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    It comes down to a dex or strength based genie.

I personally prefer Cloud Eruption because I like to chi up before and after mobs. No mobs around= no chi with Siphon. So I use CE before, then I have my genie recharged while I'm in with mobs. And the dangers of Siphon in pk have already been stated, another reason I prefer CE.

My Barb, BM, and Seeker all primarily use strength genies. My casters tend to have magic regen genies with 40 points into either dex or str but not a huge amount. My sin uses a dex based genie but he doesn't need Siphon. For this reason, my chars all have CE over Siphon.

As for quantities of chi given, they're both pretty much based on amount of dex/str. I had a str genie that got 2.2 sparks from CE. Tried putting Siphon on a min dex genie recently and got 90 chi. On average genie they both give about 1.5 sparks.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Hmm, i dont understand. My Zeal has 5 str and 3 dex but gives me abit over 2 sparks with Chi Siphon. =/

Edit: i always want at least 100 mag on my genie's for fast recovery. And since Chi Siphon at level 10 costs 166 energy, i put the rest into vit. Its a 79/100 one.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Hmm, i dont understand. My Zeal has 5 str and 3 dex but gives me abit over 2 sparks with Chi Siphon. =/

Edit: i always want at least 100 mag on my genie's for fast recovery. And since Chi Siphon at level 10 costs 166 energy, i put the rest into vit. Its a 79/100 one.

Ah, I thought we were talking about lvl 1 cloud eruption (since that's what everyone uses) vs lvl 1 Siphon.

Siphon gains 15 chi each level, CE gains 3. Level 10 Siphon gets 200 sparks base, level 10 CE gets 150 base. Level 1 CE gets 1 spark base, Lvl 1 Siphon only gets 65. They both have the same growth comparitively with 2 dex/str for 1 more chi. I suggest level 1 of either unless you have a specific purpose for it.

Another plus to CE, 12 affinities to get. Siphon takes 14.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2012
    Options
    This genie is for killing the foxies in Nirvy solo. Since im still wielding TT90 green axes, i need my fists to finish them off. I spark, HF and then Bolt with the fists. Thats six sparks. My previous genie couldnt give me that.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    This genie is for killing the foxies in Nirvy solo. Since im still wielding TT90 green axes, i need my fists to finish them off. I spark, HF and then Bolt with the fists. Thats six sparks. My previous genie couldnt give me that.

Ah, I'm a fan of Fissure->GS->cloud eruption->HF. Let the others know to go straight for the boss.

Fissure slows the foxes down, keeps them in easy range and does a chunk of damage to them, as well as aggros them to you so others can get in range and trip spark. GS debuffs the boss and has a 50% chance to make your HF a crit and sometimes just the GS crit proc kills them, if they're not dead yet the HF does it and amps the boss. With a decent squad the boss should die before your HF is up. 4 sparks.

I've switched it up sometimes with cyclone, GS, HF to get my chi back on the boss sometimes.
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I assume you are wielding something superior to TT90 green axes? :P

Depending on the squad we sometimes just lure the boss and ignore the foxies btw. Takes some pewpew tho.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Isn't there another thread like this already ._.??
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I assume you are wielding something superior to TT90 green axes? :P

Depending on the squad we sometimes just lure the boss and ignore the foxies btw. Takes some pewpew tho.

I used to use TT90 green Star Axes for the gloom proc, then upgraded to R8. I'm a week away from upgrading to Morai G15s which have similar damage to R9 and are finally worth some decent refines, so I'm excited about that. I run in with magic marrow, aggro the front fox on my right and then run left diagonally between the wall and the pillar near the back left fox. I don't run far because I don't want them to move too much, I just want the right side foxes to move nearer the left. I also ask my squad (normally run with friends who know the drill though) to not pull, to ignore the foxes, and to go straight to triple sparking the boss since she gets my HF and GS. Occasionally I'll have an instant spawn where I kill a fox and he immediately respawns, or I'll have double misses on the same fox (rare) and in this case a sin usually pics it up with a triple sparked earthen rift.

Isn't there another thread like this already ._.??

36k post in the BM forums. I'm sure there are are a few :D