The true fun of being a Barb

Options
Lhirikoh_WB - Sanctuary
Lhirikoh_WB - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Barbarian
What is the true fun of being a Barb?

Feel free to leave a reply/opinion of what you think the true fun of being a barb is. Also lets make this friendly, no arguments/flame wars/flame related. Everyone will have an opinion and should be respected.
Post edited by Lhirikoh_WB - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ...wat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Lhirikoh_WB - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ...wat
    b:surrender
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    with the right build, pots and timing, to be able to solo tank nearly every boss in game at level 95 except world bosses and the endgame dungeons. b:victory

Whoever said all bh 69 (especially Pole) bosses can't be killed without a healer at level 95 never played a barb right
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    True fun of being a Barb?

Being able to run fast in instances. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Deago - Lost City
    Deago - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Being a sexy barb is its own fun. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nothing is true. Everything is Permitted.
    Ezio Auditore
  • Lhirikoh_WB - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    b:victory me like all them replies, keep em coming.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    xxxxxxxx: LF Barb for BH Seat
    xxxxxxx: Squad's ready, just need tank for BH.
    xxxxxxxxxxx: TT3-x, looking for barb. Last spot.
    xxxxx: BH69 need barb. Free wine.
    xxxxx: LF 2 to help open TT. Paying 100k for a barb.
    xxxxxxxx: Cleric looking for barb hubby to lay me down by the fire and make sweet sweet lovin's.
    xxxxxxx: BH Seat squad, still LF barb
    xxxxxxxxxxxx: LF BARB, LAST SPOT SQUADS READY JUST NEED BARB.
    xxxxxx: WTS FCC 82-92, 350k. Free for barb.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: FCC 80-90 need barb. Will pay your repairs.

Barbs not needed? psssh. Watch your WC.

Although personally my favorite thing is a sin telling me he can solo an FCC in 25 minutes because he can stealth, and farm books in Seat in 15 minutes and my response is "yah, me too. But when I'm done everything in the instance is dead." I love being able to pull 15 mobs, invoke, have 5 dead before invoke wears off, and tank the other 10 with trip spark->aps. Think it takes 7 or 8 pulls for a Seat and invokes cooldown fits right into killing and pulling.

Also, Revenge + 5 aps + 15k hp human + barb defenses is amazing. Invoke + bestial rage + sunder + triple spark + unlimited chi means I can be healing massive amounts with damage reduction constantly.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Having tons of mobs chacing you.

On top of that, since last espension + update barbs got a place again in the high lvls and aoe teamwork is starting to live again. While I had a bit of a barb-dip before, I'm really enjoying to play the class again.
  • Shield - Raging Tide
    Shield - Raging Tide Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    TWs. pulling catas and having ppl focusing fire on you w/o dying is awesome <3
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Creepy PMs from furries?
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    laloner wrote: »
    Creepy PMs from furries?

Lol.

I wanna wear you like a pair of wool slippers.
    I love the feel of tail against mustachio.
    ***********. It's not just for New Zealanders anymore.
    If you swim in the lake and we shave you, you'll be a shaved, wet... kitty.

Or the most subtle. "You run fast. Can I get a ride/chi." But who doesn't love riding a... kitty.

Edit: Who knew the favorite pasttime of Montana would be starred out. 11 letters and starts with 'beast'
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    watching the r9 sin die for emperor while you can tank it without any problem

also watch that epic sqd wipe in warsong besides the barb dieing b:laugh
  • TheScorpio - Raging Tide
    TheScorpio - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    The Most Fun I Get When Playing My Barb, When It Comes About PvP .. Like Duels And Pk ..
    - Yes I May Not Be Able to Kill Everyone, But I'd Rather Pk And PvP on My Barb Than My 5 Aps Sin ..

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    The Most Fun I Get When Playing My Barb, When It Comes About PvP .. Like Duels And Pk ..
    - Yes I May Not Be Able to Kill Everyone, But I'd Rather Pk And PvP on My Barb Than My 5 Aps Sin ..

Oddly enough, I'm the opposite. I love PvE on my barb and would rather solo a 3-x with him than my bm or sin, but our lack of control skills and lack of anti-stun make barb pvp kind of bleh for me. It's no fun standing there absorbing damage repeatedly trying to get out of stun lock.
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    My barb is lvl 93 now with almost 15k hp in tiger form (tt90+3 and flawless cits, nothing special).

Pulling is definitely the most fun. And doing things without a healer. And actually doing things competently and quickly, ensuring proper aggro and that no one dies unless from their own stupidity. This lets the AoEs aoe stuff. And that makes their classes much more fun. Aoeing an entire instance is alot faster than zeal pulling one by one, even in a nonwined situation.

Barbs. Pulling full mag hall since lvl 81 est.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Oddly enough, I'm the opposite. I love PvE on my barb and would rather solo a 3-x with him than my bm or sin, but our lack of control skills and lack of anti-stun make barb pvp kind of bleh for me. It's no fun standing there absorbing damage repeatedly trying to get out of stun lock.

but we do have an antistun. And that 79 AoE stun can also kind of interrupt a BM stun chain. The biggest PvP weakness I have had so far is a lack of damage, but the morai skills look to have somewhat countered that (in theory).
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited July 2012
    Options
    but we do have an antistun. And that 79 AoE stun can also kind of interrupt a BM stun chain. The biggest PvP weakness I have had so far is a lack of damage, but the morai skills look to have somewhat countered that (in theory).

2.5 second channeling and cast for Untamed Wrath for a 1 second stun isn't impressive lol. No decent BM will leave you unstunned for .2 seconds, much less 2.5. And unfortunately Violent Triumph only lasts 10 seconds with a 60 second cooldown and both these skills require human form to use.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Personally, I think Barbs got better with the Cornered Beast and Blood Rush skill, especially for solo farming at 5.0 APS.

We have so many protective skills, like:
    -Invoke
    -Solid Shield on a well built genie
    -Cornered Beast
    -Sage/Demon sparks, the HP gain is big for us.

I just love being sturdy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-