08/28/2012... the date my PWI nightmare is finally over (thank god).

Hexalot - Dreamweaver
Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
On a separate note... interesting that my Seeker alt's mid-sized TW faction that used to pull in 50-60 people for TW as of this moment can't even find 12 people to sign up the day before TW weekend starts. Sign of the times ? b:sad
Post edited by Hexalot - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    *sits down with popcorn*

YAYYYYYY!! \o/
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    what faction are you in?

yes..times changed...
    calamity had more than 140 people online on saturday night in 2010. well that was the full red map year for some reason... ijs

sooo overall less people around now.. spread over many factions

guess why people call for server merges..
    maybe a faction merge with another fac of similar size would do for you :x
    i like potato
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yeah you ever notice that carrot and stick mentality. b:laugh

Can't PVP... Oh damn gear not good enough

But I want to explore that... Oh wait no you need to grind some more, grinding carrot is good.

But wait Rank 9 Carrot costs 1508 Carrots or you can out psych the other merchants on your server and maybe get Rank 9 after a while >.> Why can't I just "look" awesome and kill people anyway?

But why are my guild mates chasing carrots? We'll Billy they realise that the Rank 9 Carrot is the sweetest of them all its the biggest juicy carrot there is.

But can't I just FC Carrot... Yes Billy you can FC Carrot but you'll need coin first. Oh wait don't I need to pay for charms to do that... To do dungeons... Oh sigh more carrots.

After 7 years (2006 until 2012) I'm done with carrots. I WANT FUN BACK. I want to be in an MMO where I am experiencing an adventure not a horrid thing where I'm locked into playing 'tank' and an MMO where 5 APS isn't the king ****.

PW CN, sorry its been a good 6 years, but maybe one day you'll back on this. But with a Malaysian server closure and "gambling" in the cash shop without really winning. Its time for the whole thing to go.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    so why is 08/28/2012 the day your nightmare ends, why not end it now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    so why is 08/28/2012 the day your nightmare ends, why not end it now?

Dude it's a nightmare about carrots.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    How can you predict what will happen 2 months from now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    How can you predict what will happen 2 months from now?

Don't you know the story of nightmare carrots?

Its like everything in non obvious carrot land was going awesome for the horses. Then one day a big bad random carrot box came along it said you have to spend all this money and the odds aren't pretty good.

It then said "See that nice big juicy red armour carrot you have to work very hard to get that nice big juicy red armour carrot. Some horses wouldn't allow other horses into their guild if they didn't have said big nice red armour carrot. Sometimes it said 'We'll put open the gate to the carrot patch and you can have that carrot' for the right price.'

2 months from now (not in this particular horse, carrot field) we don't need any carrots any more cause everyone will access to the nice big juicy red armour carrot. Of course not in the Perfect World field. Cause the Perfect World field is full of bitter tasting melons, deformed irradiated red armour that isn't really stylised and for some unknown reason there are still grubs, worms and a very fast squeaky bugged gate that keeps doing '5 Attacks per second'.

My point is there is a new field being planted and as much as I like to say F2P2W its like we're stuck in a carrot patch planted back in 2006. Whats with that?
    b i t . l y /
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    Zorish - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The carrot metaphor is epic b:victory
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    The carrot metaphor is epic b:victory

Its also a graphic. b:laugh
    b i t . l y /
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I don't mind the occasional carrot, but it kinda lame when that's all you have available. It takes more than a carrot to make a tasty salad.
  • Zorish - Harshlands
    Zorish - Harshlands Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    To be honest, I did like PWI before it was all Cash Shop.

Early days, it was just about charms and fashion. No power sold though cash shop.

Then things changed, and ofc they did, people are paying real money to get pixels, and they dont care how much they spend. I dont see any reason for PWE to change it.

It just that if you don't pay, the disadvantage is just too much
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Carrots! Carrots everywhere~!
    I dont chase carrots anyways, I chase waterfalls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited June 2012
    For some of us the nightmare ends tomorrow

Early access starts on TSW with general release on the 3rd of July.

Just need a release date for Planetside 2 now and all is good in the gaming World
  • Aurores - Heavens Tear
    Aurores - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Its about time a date was announced.
    Retired b:bye
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    good luck.

FFS why do people make threads about leaving. just leave >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    good luck.

FFS why do people make threads about leaving. just leave >.>

I like to write about carrots, horses and fields.

So Baalbak, bro, Did you get ya nice shiny red armor carrot yet? You going for the Tier 3, bro? I heard theres lots' of that annoying dungeon stick thing for endgame. Jeez, bro I wouldn't want to know when the next charm carrot sale is. That might be a bit of a worry.

I got mine a fair while ago before they had medal sales. Got 90% of the medals through DQ. That was a lovely little problem wasn't it all that DQ medal system trading. I just farmed DQ and got it off the dragon point system. 600 USD in Chips. I think its safe to say, bro, they might as well just put the sweet apples in the shop now. Its easier that way, bro.

I love playing Tank/Barb, but all the Clerics that were on my friends list are gone. Just like that just disappeared. Barb has to have an even keel you know with the charms and everything.

Oh additional side note: I wonder when Perfect World will be featured in Forbes magazine? Ticky Question, Tricky Answer.

b i t . l y /
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    mmmm...grinding carrots b:nosebleed
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Really, just leave. No one is putting a gun to your head and makes you stay and play this game. The forums don't allow discussion about competing games and trying to circumvent it so we don't understand is frowned upon.
This discussion has been closed.