5 Pack Bundle Medals of Glory??

Options
Descendus - Lost City
Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
Ok, I know I might be getting on a bit but I'm pretty sure my memory isn't THAT bad, I could of sworn that they said they were Permanently removing the 5 pack bundle of medals....

Anyone else??b:puzzled
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
Post edited by Descendus - Lost City on

Comments

• KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Ok, I know I might be getting on a bit but I'm pretty sure my memory isn't THAT bad, I could of sworn that they said they were Permanently removing the 5 pack bundle of medals....

Anyone else??b:puzzled

They used indefinitely if I'm not mistaken.... but that's still them not keeping their word.

Rank mats (Medals + Chips) will be on sale from 3/14/2012 at 1am [server] until 3/21/2012 at 1am [server]
    *Please note that after this sale, 5-pack bundles of Medals of Glory will be removed from the PWI Boutique indefinitely!

PWI News
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    They used indefinitely if I'm not mistaken.... but that's still them not keeping their word.

Rank mats (Medals + Chips) will be on sale from 3/14/2012 at 1am [server] until 3/21/2012 at 1am [server]
    *Please note that after this sale, 5-pack bundles of Medals of Glory will be removed from the PWI Boutique indefinitely!

PWI News

Technically no... they did not break their word.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Technically no... they did not break their word.

I'm not gonna bother going into technicalities with you. But I just saw the news page and.....

The Medals of Glory and Mysterious Chip Packs have been added to the shop -- there is no scheduled date for their removal.

Really?....
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    "Indefinitely" for PWI could be anywhere from one week to one month.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Indefinitely: For an unlimited or unspecified period of time.

There's your problem.
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    R9 stuff just should stay in there.
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    R9 stuff just should stay in there.

R9 has been and will always been in cash shop. But keep adding and removing will give players more motive to buy or to buy in a hurry. I bought all medals I would probably need for a long long time before they "indefinitely" being removed from cash shop.b:victory. I should have know this is going to happen. so not going to buy into 25G ocean orb this time. I guess soon we may get 5 pack ocean orb back.
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    If they ever permanently take R9 medals out of the boutique, they are truely idiots and might as well shut down the servers the same day.

Regardless of whether you think R9 was a good or bad idea, removing rank 9 mats after it has been there for a few years now permanently shuts down the fairness of the end game for non R9 players, and creates a gaping hole between the playerbase.

As it stands Perfect World Entertainment is not stupid, just extremely lazy, dishonest, and greedy. Rank medals will never be removed "indefinately".
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    If they ever permanently take R9 medals out of the boutique, they are truely idiots and might as well shut down the servers the same day.

Regardless of whether you think R9 was a good or bad idea, removing rank 9 mats after it has been there for a few years now permanently shuts down the fairness of the end game for non R9 players, and creates a gaping hole between the playerbase.

As it stands Perfect World Entertainment is not stupid, just extremely lazy, dishonest, and greedy. Rank medals will never be removed "indefinately".

I think you missed the part where it said bundles of medals not medals. Kinda like they removed the ocean orb pack and only had 66% off oceans for 25gold each.

And since when is fairness always there, I mean look at the people who got to get them via DQP.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Then I misunderstood the point, I was assuming they were just plain gone.
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    R9 is pretty much the exact same as packs. It makes them a ton of cash. So they're here to stay permanently, make no mistake. The reason they keep adding sales is to create some sort of a sense of urgency, as in, players feel compelled to buy r9 before each sale ends, otherwise they panic that it might take a while to return and leave them with a half-complete set. Also, adding r9 directly as a permanent addition would cause a little more outrage than pretending it's only temporary.

If r9 has finally become permanent, it probably means they've milked enough cash. I imagine they're working on their next outrageous large scale money making scheme as we speak.