Hmm are Clerics an underestimated DDing class?

Options
darksynn
darksynn Posts: 26 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Cleric
just wondering
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jenisky - Raging Tide
    Jenisky - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Clerics just don't hit as hard as other mag DD classes.

Though lvl 11 tempest is pretty epic b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Join Leviathan! - apply at leviathan.guildlaunch.com
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Clerics aren't a particularly strong DD class but they aren't so far behind in damage that they are worthless at it either. Personally, if two clerics pm me when i'm looking for casters in eu I'd rather take them all than wait around 10-15 minutes for a different caster. Actually did do this one time actually. We were waiting around for like 15 minutes looking for one last caster and finally a cleric pmed. We took the cleric instead of waiting around anymore and the well geared cleric turned out to be our strongest ranged DD at the bird boss and had a lot of fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Cleric dph is usually alright enough. Our lack of aoes or power hits is kind of a problem so we can't chain as many strong attacks as a wizard, psychic, or other casters. Tempest is nice, and so is Wield Thunder, Cyclone and plume shot are meh but spammable, and Razor Feathers and Siren's Kiss are both relatively weak aoes.

So we have a strong 2 spark with a 30 second cooldown and a single strong single target attack with a 6 second cooldown. Like I said, our dph is decent we just lack versatility in attacks and an ability to chain strong skills for big damage.

Still, 2 cleric's are usually helpful enough and most instances easy enough that I don't mind them. Some of my favorite Delta's were with cleric dds. There was a Delta 2 with 4 clerics. Another time we did a Delta 5 where the cleric dropped bb through stages 3 and 4, the barb would pull, I'd HF, the cleric would tempest and everything would be gone. Then the cleric would give the barb a stack for the next pull. The reason we did it this way is 3 people of our 6 person squad were afk or dc'd and it worked great.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    For casters, dps-wise I would say mystic>psychic>wizard>veno>cleric. Venos will go higher up if you count their debuffs(which).

Dph-wise, wizard>psychic>cleric>mystic>veno. Mystics can go higher with self buffs, but those aren't. Keep in mind the only time dph is really significant in PvE is during aoe pulls, which is why clerics aren't desired for dding.

They aren't really as terribly far behind as most make it seem, but the dps gap will grow larger and larger so it's pretty significant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    For casters, dps-wise I would say mystic>psychic>wizard>veno>cleric. Venos will go higher up if you count their debuffs(which).

Or just their better dmg boost after eruption.
    Dph-wise, wizard>psychic>cleric>mystic>veno.

I have mystic and cleric on same account sharing all equips and am pretty sure that Mystic hits harder. Also; it's commonly known that Psys do more dmg than Wiz (wiz compensates with undine). I don't personally like dd on my cleric because it uses ~5x as many pots as a Mystic, Veno, or Wiz with poorer results.
    Mystics can go higher with self buffs, but those aren't. Keep in mind the only time dph is really significant in PvE is during aoe pulls, which is why clerics aren't desired for dding.

Hits per kill on single mobs is important in PvE.
  • Hot_pho - Heavens Tear
    Hot_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    clerics are meant to heal. if you are a cleric in a squad you should be healing. if there are other clerics in the squad yall work it out on who is healing who is dding. x.x' clerics with tt90 weap should not be dding in caster nirvana ._.' there are so many times where i go into an instance with 2 other clerics with tt90(green galaive/sword), tt99 gold. idky but they keep dd and not let the clerics with r8/r9/nv weaps with higher dmg dd. and i do bl them but they seem to pop up everywhere ._.'

ps. if you are a cleric and you like to dd plz make another "dd" char.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    special thanks to silvy for the sig
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    clerics are meant to heal. if you are a cleric in a squad you should be healing. if there are other clerics in the squad yall work it out on who is healing who is dding. x.x' clerics with tt90 weap should not be dding in caster nirvana ._.' there are so many times where i go into an instance with 2 other clerics with tt90(green galaive/sword), tt99 gold. idky but they keep dd and not let the clerics with r8/r9/nv weaps with higher dmg dd. and i do bl them but they seem to pop up everywhere ._.'

Often times the clerics will talk it out among themselves. I've run with clerics in various squads that had better weapons than I did that insisted they heal and I dd. Reason being that they felt that a clerics job is primarily to heal so the person who can heal the most should be healing. Others feel as the overall speed of the run is the most important thing and the better geared person will take the DD and let the other cleric heal. There are also many clerics who simply don't LIKE to DD and will always insist on being the main healer in squad regardless of what the other cleric's gear is like. Instead of blacklisting them and assuming they are fail. You should try talking to them about it and clearly communicate your wants. Because the reason it happens so often isn't because the other people are fail, it's that they have different priorities. If you just talk to them I'm sure you will find that most of them don't deserve a place on your BL and you can reserve it for the true fails.

ps. if you are a cleric and you like to dd plz make another "dd" char.

A cleric that is truly good can both heal and DD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    When playing Assassin, I really hate the clerics that think their job is to heal. You have Dimensional Seal: use it! -That would heal me better than your IH.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    I have mystic and cleric on same account sharing all equips and am pretty sure that Mystic hits harder. Also; it's commonly known that Psys do more dmg than Wiz (wiz compensates with undine). I don't personally like dd on my cleric because it uses ~5x as many pots as a Mystic, Veno, or Wiz with poorer results.

Mystics' highest dph options cannot crit and don't record on dmg log, so you won't be seeing any mystics in the dmg ranking very high or with impressive screenshot dmg in their sigs. Even Weeping breeze dance is a bit lacking. Psys do not do more dmg than wizzies. Wizzies are the ones with insane weap modifiers on a lot of their skills. Psys only have sandball and stone smasher and sage bids is still better. Psys have faster channeling and their spam skills hit harder thx to black voodoo so they have higher dps yes, but not dph.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I mean, if you lined up every class decked in full r9 +12, the cleric would be last in line for DDing abilties.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Clerics just don't hit as hard as other mag DD classes.

Though lvl 11 tempest is pretty epic b:cute

Depend on the build, a pure magic cleric can DD higher than a other magic class who is not pure magic, in some caster when we was 3 cleric and i was the DDing one i had aggro on the wizzie and on some psychic.
    thumbs wrote: »
    When playing Assassin, I really hate the clerics that think their job is to heal. You have Dimensional Seal: use it! -That would heal me better than your IH.

Everytime i use dimensional seal, everyone in the squad QQ saying to don't do cause they say veno one is better, i think people don't know that actually at lvl 10 both veno and cleric its a 30% p.def reduction but cleric's one is twice longer with the 20 sec vs veno 10 sec, but ye i give up explain it to people who think they know every skill of every class better than anyone while they never play both veno and cleric.
    I mean, if you lined up every class decked in full r9 +12, the cleric would be last in line for DDing abilties.

I dunno for a sage, but as demon cleric pure magic i have more damage than a veno.

Veno have maybe amplify and p.def reduction, but cleric have magic reduction 35%, and 40% for physical reduction and demon cleric spirit gift ♥ 150% magic attack bonus and generally cleric have more chan than veno as well, BUT anyway a cleric main job is not to DD so doesn't really matter if they are the best magic DD or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute