TW changes may be coming

Options

Comments

• Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Honestly, they don't know what they're doing. They're reacting to player QQ and their own bottom line, that's why changes are thoughtless.

Welcome to good busniess
    Also, their current dev team are mostly graphic designers. They don't know how to alter or create anything that requires intimate knowledge of the code base and that explains why their fixes to old stuff is horrible and why their new instances are so poorly designed.

Thus why I can't see it succeeding
    Trials are horribly clunky. They should have studied Rebirth or Old Lunar for a few months before deciding to create a new instance.

What's so Clunky about them? I LOVE trials
    I honestly think they broke the code for Old Lunar and then scrambled to try to fix it, which is why we have the version now with less stuff.

Pretty much anything in the world of computing can be restored, change happens.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Ooo and they are making it so you can cancel a reforge and revert back to your previous stats if you don't like the results. I can't tell if it is just r8r or if it is for NV too.

THIS is what I want information on. As a full r8r BM, I'd like to dig up any info on this :P
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    What about random power ups that appear in random places and when you run through them the give amazing short term abilities.

- Invincibility for 1 minute
    - 100% speed for 1 minute
    - 500% Dmg for one minute
    - Instant channeling for 1 minute

etc etc
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I still don't understand why people say that PW can not modify this game because they don't understand the code. Like the devs can create entire new games based on the same engine, but Perfect World is some sort of enigma that nobody can understand. They have all the tools and information readily available to them and they could do anything any player has ever asked of them on these forums if they chose to do it.
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I still don't understand why people say that PW can not modify this game because they don't understand the code. Like the devs can create entire new games based on the same engine, but Perfect World is some sort of enigma that nobody can understand. They have all the tools and information readily available to them and they could do anything any player has ever asked of them on these forums if they chose to do it.

idk if its true for this game - but if a program is large and the code got poorly annotated by the former developers, it's hard to work into the coding and fix something. Why seems it to be impossible to them to fix the dragon glitch in frost? Or at least replace the dragons at 2nd part of frost? If they would have a single programmer which knows the code well it should be done in less than 5mins.
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    Doqui - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    loose the cata's for the defence side and the crystal on the attacking side.

attackers should get a ticket system (like battlefield Rush), let's say 400 tickets, 1 death = 1 ticket

Attackers have to conquer and hold certain points in the map, conquer them all and you win, run out of tickets/time and you loose

While attackers have to destroy points in the map to conquer them, defence has to repair them to win them back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*Lollipop Chainsaw Addict sinds 05-2012*
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Pretty much anything in the world of computing can be restored, change happens.

You must be a new user. Many things are broken and removed.

Jungle Ruins. Broken. Removed.
    Montly Race. Broken. Removed.
    Valentine's Event. Broken. Removed.
    Xmas Event. Broken. Removed.
    Lunar Glade. Broken. Changed.
    PK Event. Broken. Removed.
    PK Event. Readded with warning it wasn't fixed. Still broken.
    Jungle Ruins 2. Broken. Removed.

What ever happened to:
    Base wars?
    New TW maps?

I know I'm forgetting a bunch of stuff. I'm sure someone can fill the rest in.

b:bye
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Base wars was replaced with trials, new tw maps idk wth happened to that promise... Anyway theres alot of things that china pw has that we dont so theres a good chance we might not get this..
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I'm a fan of the 6month reset since I know it helps the server in general, but I'm feeling like PWI is spoon feeding smaller factions that have no clue what TW is even like, nor will they continue to do TW once they realize the rewards don't cover the expense of defending the land.

As for defending 7 lands at once...just no. 3 is already a challenge. 7 is just ridiculous.

And yes, please change how the TW map looks. b:cute Been running down lane A, B and C for 4 years now.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    You must be a new user. Many things are broken and removed.

Jungle Ruins. Broken. Removed.
    Montly Race. Broken. Removed.
    Valentine's Event. Broken. Removed.
    Xmas Event. Broken. Removed.
    Lunar Glade. Broken. Changed.
    PK Event. Broken. Removed.
    PK Event. Readded with warning it wasn't fixed. Still broken.
    Jungle Ruins 2. Broken. Removed.

What ever happened to:
    Base wars?
    New TW maps?

I know I'm forgetting a bunch of stuff. I'm sure someone can fill the rest in.

3 years playing and still new

Awwwwww yeah, new record!

Nope, not new, there's a fine line from it can't be done and it's not worth the time and money to do it.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    3 years playing and still new

Awwwwww yeah, new record!

Nope, not new, there's a fine line from it can't be done and it's not worth the time and money to do it.

You said all they need to do is restore a backup to easily fix the problem. That's not how things work.

So you have been here 3 years. My mistake. You don't know **** about computers then. :P
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    You said all they need to do is restore a backup to easily fix the problem. That's not how things work.

So you have been here 3 years. My mistake. You don't know **** about computers then. :P

Inb4 derail
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    has this stuff hit the main china servers yet?
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    from what i heard, the original pw was made by a team, and its no longer the same, and they didnt really finish the game (look like TT, half the instance isnt used, there are parts were there are gates and u can never go there).

and one thing. low lvl factions say they want TW. yet on dreamweaver, some alt factions, noob factions werent/ arent attacked for months now. so i call bull ****, they just want lands they are sure to win, and coins
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    from what i heard, the original pw was made by a team, and its no longer the same, and they didnt really finish the game (look like TT, half the instance isnt used, there are parts were there are gates and u can never go there).

and one thing. low lvl factions say they want TW. yet on dreamweaver, some alt factions, noob factions werent/ arent attacked for months now. so i call bull ****, they just want lands they are sure to win, and coins

I saw this as well on Lost City. What happens is clueless, low level factions think the TW factions are making huge amounts of coin and getting rich by having land. (charms on LC are currently at 8mill so how they come to this conclusion idk)

So they QQ that they can't get land. And once they're on the map and suddenly have to defend, they QQ because TW costs them more money than they can earn. And then they decide maybe they don't want to TW after all.

Had an alt that was in one of these factions. It's sad to watch.
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Gosh, golly. It must suck to be on your servers. We've got "new-to-TW" factions on the map often and they seem to have fun. We're just mid-sized, but enjoy 1~ 2 hr TWs regularly and are having a great time. Maybe there's a lack of help in learning from your "old hands" at TW or some other issues ?

Changes in a game make it interesting. We're looking forward to see what PWI gets for us.

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Probably the best thing they could do for TW atm is make it 40 v. 40.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    swgs wrote: »
    Based on Chinese server.

1. Ten Million big note will be used to bid instead coins. Minimum 1, Maximum 99.
    2. A faction can have up to 7 defending wars at same time.
    3. Crystal HP increased. Tower price increased. Tower attack increased. "Some battle field" (don't know detail) can have more towers and some new equipment.

#1: Money is money, make the minimum bid at 10m will just make the little factions unable to try TW.

#2: Hello gank, 7 defense wars, a faction have 200 people and seriously many faction have alts and inactive people, i don't know a single faction on Harsland atm who have more than 80 people doing TW, 80 people 7 wars, 11 people in each war.... so like i said that's gonna be a huge faction gank.

Its probably the worse idea ever and anyway a faction can own around 25 lands max with the 6 months map reset thing, and with the friday/saturday/sunday 8am/2pm/8pm wars possibility put 7 on the same day same hour gonna be a real joke, its already like that on HL when a faction have 3 defense wars they always put it the same day beside one each day, some faction die cause of it.

#3: ... kinda nothing to say about it, that wont make TW more fun.... if they was out idea they should come check our suggestion, we are the players, we play the game we know what could be fun to do in TW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    That sounds interesting.

However raising the prices on towers and associated instance costs... big factions have no problems spending the millions of coin to buy all your towers, pay for cata scrolls and pay for pots for the cata barbs...

All the small factions who say they love the new TW changes will be screwed by increased costs. Not that I really care about that, I don't. The problem I have with this is continuity. This makes no sense when you factor in a 6 month map reset.

The 6 month reset may be more fair to smaller factions, but PWI lost a good portion of end-game veterans to this change.

nope they lost a minority who only saw to eat smaller faction out instead of attacking there own equals

good riddance for insu
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I saw this as well on Lost City. What happens is clueless, low level factions think the TW factions are making huge amounts of coin and getting rich by having land. (charms on LC are currently at 8mill so how they come to this conclusion idk)

So they QQ that they can't get land. And once they're on the map and suddenly have to defend, they QQ because TW costs them more money than they can earn. And then they decide maybe they don't want to TW after all.

and i been seen 1 faction who once getting bored make a alt faction with same ppl and own same map again.

and that i seen since lost was founded starting with qonqueror

funy now that the big factions dont liek the 5 mont reset the yqq but frankly they have done it since pw_my

and no they have not gone attacking there equal for proof they are the best they just kill the weakest factions and slowly as they are like 3 standing start btching again each other.

so pro

i blame it on the biggest faction this was made
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited June 2012
    Options
    #1: Money is money, make the minimum bid at 10m will just make the little factions unable to try TW.

#2: Hello gank, 7 defense wars, a faction have 200 people and seriously many faction have alts and inactive people, i don't know a single faction on Harsland atm who have more than 80 people doing TW, 80 people 7 wars, 11 people in each war.... so like i said that's gonna be a huge faction gank.

Its probably the worse idea ever and anyway a faction can own around 25 lands max with the 6 months map reset thing, and with the friday/saturday/sunday 8am/2pm/8pm wars possibility put 7 on the same day same hour gonna be a real joke, its already like that on HL when a faction have 3 defense wars they always put it the same day beside one each day, some faction die cause of it.

#3: ... kinda nothing to say about it, that wont make TW more fun.... if they was out idea they should come check our suggestion, we are the players, we play the game we know what could be fun to do in TW.

maybe you are not suposed to win a full gank but maybe you can imrpovise and try to stay on frendly terms so faction dont start ganking you

if they do gank you then make a choice wish map dont you wana lose stop qqing about it

war is war there is nothing godly about it
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    swgs wrote: »
    Based on Chinese server.

1. Ten Million big note will be used to bid instead coins. Minimum 1, Maximum 99.
    2. A faction can have up to 7 defending wars at same time.
    3. Crystal HP increased. Tower price increased. Tower attack increased. "Some battle field" (don't know detail) can have more towers and some new equipment.

Was an increased reward mentioned?
    edited June 2012
    Options

^ this.

Everyone loves the idea of being in a TW guild and owning land... most of them don't like the costs or the requirement to be online at specific times or being required to be charmed and have pots, etc...

nope they lost a minority who only saw to eat smaller faction out instead of attacking there own equals

good riddance for insu

Dude, you have less credibility than Levii or Lingzi. Shut up already.
  • XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary
    XLawBreakerX - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

If the previous developers didnt use comments in code properly it is very hard for new programmers to understand the code... If they had commented the code properly, understanding a code is 100times easier.. This might be one of the reason if at all it is true that they have new programmers or the new one can't understand code properly.. It might be that they are just too lazy to dig deep ..
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Was an increased reward mentioned?

This is a good question. Would like to hear some answer on it
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ^ this.

Everyone loves the idea of being in a TW guild and owning land... most of them don't like the costs or the requirement to be online at specific times or being required to be charmed and have pots, etc...

Dude, you have less credibility than Levii or Lingzi. Shut up already.

at least i have more then you on ur alt shut up urself ****ing troll
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Need some new TW maps. Tired of A, B, and C. Spice up the battlefield pw!

This x1billion

Soooo tired of A B C....its a total snoozefest.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    maybe you are not suposed to win a full gank but maybe you can imrpovise and try to stay on frendly terms so faction dont start ganking you

if they do gank you then make a choice wish map dont you wana lose stop qqing about it

war is war there is nothing godly about it

I'm in a PVP server and the RPK faction are not really loved and i'm someone who don't like alliance in TW, cause the top faction ally to each other to gank the small dead faction and they QQ they don't have fun in TW, i proposed to them to fight each other to have fun, but meh people love QQ without reason.

Its Territory War not a party to make friends, but unfortunately at the moment the majority of the factions don't care about it all they want is a land, want a proove? When 2 of the top faction on a server attack the same dead faction knowing other factions attack as well and they know for did couple week that they won't have war cause the dead faction can't defend 3 wars in the same and they still bid knowing that gonna be a wined TW. Well on HL its like that the 2-3 top faction ally and go destroy the other little/dead factions beside have fun to TW against each other.
    This is a good question. Would like to hear some answer on it

Even if they give 345 billion, the TW wont be more fun. People just want more money beside have real change in TW that will make TW interresting.

Seriously they should put back the mirages reward so people do TW cause its fun and not just for money.

The TW is one of the last thing which keep some players in the game, put more hp on the crystal, more money reward, more wars at the same time, is not enough to make people want to stay and TW, if they make change in TW real change that could make some players want to come back.

-Why not new TW maps?
    -Why not TW in different ''area''? Like totally in the air or in water? Something that gonna be a challenge.
    -Why not different times? Its always the same boring 8pm friday/saturday, why they don't put more at 8am or 2pm?
    -Why not different amount of people like someone said? I think a max of 50 people could be fun.

I don't know maybe on the chinese server they like old boring stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I have found good TW rewards an issue in past as it makes the OP geared ppl to gather in few factions, creating a situation where TW becomes dominated by few factions. But seeing how catering the needs of smaller factions TW wise has worked, I gotta say maybe the opposite direction would be better.

Actually distinctly upping the rewards for TWs, not coins but something else. Let`s say event gold/something similar that can be easily handled. I would like the 1 CS pack/land/member but I dislike the possibility of BOLs as it would take away the possibility of coin sink. It serves everybody`s interests that R9s stick in top TW factions as that kind of gear simply ruins lower tier TWs.

Get rid of the resets or reset when map is owned 75% by one faction. Up the defenses to 4 per time slot. Create something for smaller factions, cave wars with some npc added at the starts of FB caves for "owning" factions to utilize. Have those wars to be 40vs40 and keep the rewards to half at most compared to TWs. But make winning those worthwhile.

Trying to fit several tiers of factions on same map doesnt seem to work at all and so if needs of smaller factions are important, create a 2nd tier for instance that isnt appealing to the ones competing on tier 1. When you take the few OP geared ppl from 1shotting everybody, lower tier TWs will become quite appealing to lower players. And obviously, make it impossible for owning factions to participate in the wars of other tier.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I know it's not the original topic, but I still don't get this "I'm in a small faction, I deserve lands also" mindset. That's like saying "I'm a new hire but I deserve to sit in a corner office." Really, it confuses me...
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray