Mystics unite! Who need clerics b:laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fzPGlyRDSU

10min with only 3 r8 mystics with no invigorate b:victory
Post edited by Mechsiao - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    It's not just 3 mystics, you're in a full squad so not really impressive for doing 10 min to be honest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Mechsiao - Sanctuary
    Mechsiao - Sanctuary Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    ahh i thought it was pretty impressive b:surrender cuz most runs i get are longer than 15minutes >< non r9s of course
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Yea, it's doable. You just shouldn't take one of those less than 5k hp casters because they'll be perma wiped without BB. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    [COLOR=]Yea, it's doable. You just shouldn't take one of those less than 5k hp casters because they'll be perma wiped without BB. lol[/COLOR]

Warp Shield
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    tweakz wrote: »
    Warp Shield

And why would you gimp the squads DD just to save someones undergeared butt? b:surrender

You would pretty much need 2 mystics with level 11 sally out with the cooldown on that skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    And why would you gimp the squads DD just to save someones undergeared butt? b:surrender

You would pretty much need 2 mystics with level 11 sally out with the cooldown on that skill.

It protects the whole squad so the other mystics can focus less on healing. That way they can compensate a bit by DDing more, I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    It protects the whole squad so the other mystics can focus less on healing. That way they can compensate a bit by DDing more, I guess.

I think what Xainou means is that Warp Shield is not effective enough for one Mystic to use it to protect the whole squad on a Casters run, it only absorbs 600 damage so after every AoE hit it would be gone, that is when the second Mystic using level 11 Salvation would use Warp Shield to protect the squad from another hit while the cooldown is running on the first Mystic's Salvation. That is assuming the 2 Mystics actually talk also.

By doing this though you are missing out on a lot of damage which would be dealt by Mistress so really it isn't worth it.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Yea, Melvin got it right. The cooldown on warp shield is there, so it's not spammable. And two mistresses, that's more damage than this low hp caster. (Assuming they don't have TT90 armor but +10 r8 weapon...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Never said it was practical.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    NO CLERIC?!?

NO WAY! b:chuckle

2s1vwno.jpg
    edited May 2012
    I'm sorry all I could see in that picture was that you call Cleric's EP and have no sage skills at all b:shocked
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    I'm sorry all I could see in that picture was that you call Cleric's EP and have no sage skills at all b:shocked

I was planning to switch to demon from sage. Didnt bother getting any sage skills.

And yes, clerics are called "eps" and have been for years. Stands for Elf Priest.

Edit: I still don't understand why some people have hissy fits over old abbreviations. "EA" "EP" "WF" "WB" are all still used and understood by most of the player base.
    I've had people ask me what a WB (werebeast) was before, but you're the 1st I've met that thought calling a cleric "ep" was weird. O.o
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Yea, LC and the MY-EN terms... lol

I dunno how you can play by those hotkeys. I couldn't find a skill for the life of it. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mekkhala - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    Yea, LC and the MY-EN terms... lol

I dunno how you can play by those hotkeys. I couldn't find a skill for the life of it. b:surrender

haha yeah it's a very old screenie. Had to change everything around eventually because my husband couldn't find a skill either b:laugh
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I was planning to switch to demon from sage. Didnt bother getting any sage skills.

Good decision. b:victory
    Edit: I still don't understand why some people have hissy fits over old abbreviations. "EA" "EP" "WF" "WB" are all still used and understood by most of the player base.
    I've had people ask me what a WB (werebeast) was before, but you're the 1st I've met that thought calling a cleric "ep" was weird. O.o

This. I don't use the terms myself, but I don't get why some people really care that much, especially the ones that show they know what it means in their protests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2012

And yes, clerics are called "eps" and have been for years. Stands for Elf Priest.

How come you didn't pick demon from the start? o.o

And yes I know the old abbreviations, I did play the MY version briefly but it is just weird D: and it only seems to be LC that use it lol I was just distracted by it. I didn't want to mention the skill bars either lol
  • Mechsiao - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    there are more and more demon mystics qq and nobody ever sells sage books anymore b:cry
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited May 2012
    Because people are coming to their senses. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Because people are coming to their senses. :3

Right... Power leveled nabs usually go demon IJS. I better get the sage books ASAP then.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Right... Power leveled nabs usually go demon IJS. I better get the sage books ASAP then.

You're signature says it all.
    Demon Mystic ftw <3
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    You're signature says it all.
    Demon Mystic ftw <3

TBH, I'd go demon with mystic if I made one above 89 simply because of the skills but that doesn't mean sage is bad.
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    How come you didn't pick demon from the start? o.o

And yes I know the old abbreviations, I did play the MY version briefly but it is just weird D: and it only seems to be LC that use it lol I was just distracted by it. I didn't want to mention the skill bars either lol

I chose sage since I was always added to squads to fill in when no cleric was available. For a secondary healer, sage looked best. After I talked with some mystics in Caster NV (mostly LookMyFace) I realized that once Mekkle hit endgame, she wasn't going to be treated as a fill-in cleric.
    So I postponed working on her skills, played till I hit 101, and decided demon fit better.

And really the best skillbar/hotkey setup is whatever works for the player :). I hear my cleric's skillbars are absolutely horribad, but they've worked just great for me.b:chuckle
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited May 2012
    Oh look, yuck is back. Time to see what that "Block User" option on the forums does. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Mystics unite! Who need clerics b:laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fzPGlyRDSU

10min with only 3 r8 mystics with no invigorate b:victory

I have a question, why at 2 boss you put your pet behind the boss? (the boss spawning mobs and the last boss)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I have a question, why at 2 boss you put your pet behind the boss? (the boss spawning mobs and the last boss)

I could be mistaken but I think thats kind of your answer.

The Mistresses seem more to me like they were sent to fight the mobs, or the little boss in the case of the last boss, while the Mystics focus on the main boss.

Even though it looks like they were placed behind, if you look at the damage being done to certain mobs, and the little guy behind the big creature on the last boss - something is damaging them and the Mistresses are the closest thing to them.

Vicious is the best TW faction on RT right now. They were the best last year. You can bet that in most cases in that squad the gear was not shabby.

Nice vid. Enjoyed it.
    b:victory

If I had a critcizm of the project, I would say I think I see cleric buffs on everyone. Ofc, they could be a collection of other buffs that the icons look simular but I dont think so. It would seem more true to its title of "Clericless" if the buffs were not there...ijs.
    edited June 2012
    I could be mistaken but I think thats kind of your answer.

The Mistresses seem more to me like they were sent to fight the mobs, or the little boss in the case of the last boss, while the Mystics focus on the main boss.

Even though it looks like they were placed behind, if you look at the damage being done to certain mobs, and the little guy behind the big creature on the last boss - something is damaging them and the Mistresses are the closest thing to them.

I might be blind but they clearly look like to attack the boss.
    Sometime the closest thing don't mean it's the one doing the damage...
    They could attack mobs from anywhere ijs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mechsiao - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    The aoe dealth by the boss is frontal, meaning anything behind the boss does not get hit by aoes. So your pet doesnt die, and doesnt need heals.
    edited June 2012
    The aoe dealth by the boss is frontal, meaning anything behind the boss does not get hit by aoes. So your pet doesnt die, and doesnt need heals.

Thank you. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• theheck0
    theheck0 Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Demon is not better than sage stupid.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited June 2012
    theheck0 wrote: »
    Demon is not better than sage stupid.

Oh my glob what an intelligent and thorough arguement! This guy's got me convinced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]