Random TW discussion

Options
Evanera - Heavens Tear
Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Etherblade (West)
A thought just popped into my head and I wondered how other people would feel about this.

Say 2 R9 friends are in opposing TW factions, same class, same gear etc etc. Before the TW they agree that they want to spend the entire TW 1v1ing each other in a random location out of sight (yea they'd probably get seen but whatever). For the whole TW they do nothing for the contribution of winning the TW, or do they in a way?

Think it through carefully, and post an answer here for hopefully an interesting debate. Hopefully someone will catch how it can be beneficial for this to happen.

b:cute
Post edited by Evanera - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear
    ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Box?

I mean. I've done that before when I were in Rad during boring TW's and I do it now in Karma during boring TW's.
    I used to chase someone in particular all over the map regardless of where he went but he left Rad now so I can't do it anymore :(
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    IMO the one in the stronger faction is helping the TW. In a faction with fewer uber-geared people and/or skilled players, each individual matters a lot more, so if two such people 'cancel each other out' so to speak, the one who will be missed less is the one who is in the stronger faction where there are other geared/skilled people to cover for his/her absence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    IMO the one in the stronger faction is helping the TW. In a faction with fewer uber-geared people and/or skilled players, each individual matters a lot more, so if two such people 'cancel each other out' so to speak, the one who will be missed less is the one who is in the stronger faction where there are other geared/skilled people to cover for his/her absence.

This. Taking out a high-priority opponent means a lot more when there are fewer of them to begin with than if you'd have to treat basically everyone you meet as high-priority. So whichever faction is weaker is losing more of a key player than the stronger faction that would have more to offer.

.... Wait why am I posting in a normal topic on here? b:shocked
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    This. Taking out a high-priority opponent means a lot more when there are fewer of them to begin with than if you'd have to treat basically everyone you meet as high-priority. So whichever faction is weaker is losing more of a key player than the stronger faction that would have more to offer.

.... Wait why am I posting in a normal topic on here? b:shocked

You....were saving me from that male archer who stormrage'd me :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Alphanei - Heavens Tear
    Alphanei - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
  • Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear
    Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,305 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Managing to convince someone to 1v1 for an entire tw is both beneficial and harmful to your guild.It can help because there is one less R9 player out there damaging your squads but at the same time there is 1 less R9 out there damaging theirs.Double edge sword
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    Options

You should take the deal.

Also, go level up lil peep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    same class?

cata barb VS cata barb...eh eh b:chuckle

Aesthor said it, if the factions are evenly matched in gear/numbers it wouldn't even get noticed (well...unless it's 2 cata-barbs going randomly missing XD). If 1 faction is weaker, then it'd cause trouble to the weakest.

I guess it depends on how selfish/indifferent-to-the-faction-they're-in the 2 players are?
    You know, people who can't be bothered to care about helping their faction get better...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

eeee n00b veno is so emo b:embarrass
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    eeee n00b veno is so emo b:embarrass

I spy with my little eye, a full rank 9 noobwizy!

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I spy with my little eye, a full rank 9 noobwizy!

b:avoid

impossible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Say 2 R9 friends are in opposing TW factions, same class, same gear etc etc. Before the TW they agree that they want to spend the entire TW 1v1ing each other in a random location out of sight (yea they'd probably get seen but whatever). For the whole TW they do nothing for the contribution of winning the TW, or do they in a way?

Yay for 2 cata barbs pawing at each other.

Aesthor said it, if the factions are evenly matched in gear/numbers it wouldn't even get noticed (well...unless it's 2 cata-barbs going randomly missing XD). If 1 faction is weaker, then it'd cause trouble to the weakest.

It won't have mattered. When a faction is weaker... the difference isn't a single r9. Even if you throw in a jade +12... nothing would have changed. In order for the extra r9 to make any difference... the guilds must be much more similar in power. But then the opponent team would also gain an additional r9.... so the point is moot.

The whole thing is going to come down to number of each class. Missing 1 of say 10 clerics isn't going to hurt as much as say missing 1 of the 2 clerics.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf