Help the Free to Play Pleayers

Comments

• CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Endgame gear in pwi is far from being cheap and most of the pwi cashshoppers already gave up paying more than 1000$ everytime a new content is released.
    Depends what endgear you want, for PVP od PVE. With Descent expansion we got cheap way of getting PVE end gear. Morai 95 and 100 are free, and 101 is a lot less less expensive than TT99. And you can even get shards (Exclusive) that are better than Perfect but cheaper.

At worse, you can save Nirv keys, wait for 2x and then open Nirv for others. You can get 15-20m that way in really short time.
  • Bernadett - Lost City
    Bernadett - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    believe it or not i got my set nirvana gears w/o cash shopping and now recently i make my r8 to +9 w/o cash shopping. caster and bh reward help me alot.

Being a cleric so usefull. b:dirtyb:kiss
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Everyone seems to be commenting on their own personal experience. But if you stand back and take a look at how much traffic has been through this game and how many actually stuck around to play it or even those who played it and actually made it to the top, it might show that the free to play path is not all hunky dory to most players. What has there been? Like 100 million registered accounts? And only 5 people outside west pking?

The general player base is mentally handicapped or something (btw I'm mentally handicapped). The game doesn't really discriminate much on ability. You can get to Lvl 100 w/o having much skill at all. -I'm sure a monkey can do it!

Almost NO ONE will be objective in self evaluation.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Hegalen - Harshlands
    Hegalen - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Depends what endgear you want, for PVP od PVE. With Descent expansion we got cheap way of getting PVE end gear. Morai 95 and 100 are free, and 101 is a lot less less expensive than TT99. And you can even get shards (Exclusive) that are better than Perfect but cheaper.

At worse, you can save Nirv keys, wait for 2x and then open Nirv for others. You can get 15-20m that way in really short time.

Endgame gear means the best gear you can get suitable for your class and build regardless of pvp or pve.
    Let alone morai gear, even r8 is not accepted as an engame gear.
  • Hegalen - Harshlands
    Hegalen - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    believe it or not i got my set nirvana gears w/o cash shopping and now recently i make my r8 to +9 w/o cash shopping. caster and bh reward help me alot.

Being a cleric so usefull. b:dirtyb:kiss

Most of the players including me did the same thing. I didnt farm nirvana but its not so hard to do.

By endgame gear, I mean r9 recast +12 etc... I guess they are pretty hard to farm without csing.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    R9 - the R stands for r3tards?

It's not account shareable, it's comparable to Morai for PvE, it's upgrade path is so much more expensive than Nirvana, lacks the defenses of Nirvana. Ok, I got suckered into R8, and am loosely getting a couple toons up in rank from 200k to 300k. b:surrender

-That's however on a whim that rank prices will drop and I'm mainly going for the ring.

G16 Nirvana is so easy to acquire; it's pathetic. W/o even trying: I have the mats to make G15 AA boots into G16. They include the mats in the BH's FHS!

It's been so long between 2x that many of us have so many nirv keys that all we do is run 99 key quests. G16 can actually be easier to get from G15 than G13 from nothing!
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It means that is the extent of pvp these days on some servers. Some may have more activity, idk. If you can't get but a few in the most busy pk spot in the game, what makes you think there will be pk all over the entire map?

think would be pk on entire map?

dude that is what we hade we on lost city

basecally anywhere out of sz that was not newbia area as we woudl asume the ppl would be blue.

and no at those time it woudl be unthinkable to belive we would have pk spot

silver pool would be consider nobbish pk

i did not come from pw_malayisa for hot spot pk i come for the wars ragequit bloodlust
    etc etc hade.

so before you open ur mouth read histori of the main server if you would.

now we have 2 pvp server and 5+ pvp faction with two more eu server wish are pve

yes they do pk but majority joined to not pk but party and we with friend vs monsters

pwi player base is pve
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    thumbs wrote: »
    R9 - the R stands for r3tards?

It's not account shareable, it's comparable to Morai for PvE, it's upgrade path is so much more expensive than Nirvana, lacks the defenses of Nirvana. Ok, I got suckered into R8, and am loosely getting a couple toons up in rank from 200k to 300k. b:surrender

-That's however on a whim that rank prices will drop and I'm mainly going for the ring.

G16 Nirvana is so easy to acquire; it's pathetic. W/o even trying: I have the mats to make G15 AA boots into G16. They include the mats in the BH's FHS!

It's been so long between 2x that many of us have so many nirv keys that all we do is run 99 key quests. G16 can actually be easier to get from G15 than G13 from nothing!

rank 9 is getting old and so the weaker gear get a boost for a while before a new stronger version comes out

the strong today are weak in the tomorow nothing new
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    Endgame gear means the best gear you can get suitable for your class and build regardless of pvp or pve.
    Let alone morai gear, even r8 is not accepted as an engame gear.

But you don't have to have R9 as your end gear. If you just play PVE, there is no need for R9. Depends on players. Most sins have combination of R8, Nirv and TT99 as their end gear for PVP and PVE.

Even if you do PVP, you'll be more than fine with Nirvana 2nd or 3rd recast.
    And clerics are wanted in Nirvana, they can go to caster nirv each day, earn 2m with just "being AFK with BB".
  • Breitling - Raging Tide
    Breitling - Raging Tide Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I could have sworn PWI was in it to make money...this thread reminds me of the majority of people in the US with the "entitlement" mentality.
    Proud Executor of Rapture

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Like a good timepiece, a cleric is there when you need it.

Alt: Behike
  • JinseiMegami - Heavens Tear
    JinseiMegami - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Youre a level 100 cleric, collecting your nirvana talisman, and turning it right back in gives 5 mirages a day. Takes 20 days to get 100 mirages doing JUST THAT. Stop exaggerating.

You know not everyone plays daily...

and it's not about not being able to get mirages, it is about the fact that I spend ALL of them NOT getting higer then +2. The sleeves got +4 When I tried the rest, it all failed.

The failing is stupid. Even if I try with refining items that help boost ur 'luck' II still FAIl. It's all about luck and thats stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Characters on Heaven's Tear:
    Lvl 100 Cleric: JinseiMegami
    Lvl 093 Mystic: MimiMegami
    Lvl 091 Archer: JinseiChan
    Lvl 087 Assassin: NanashiChan
    Lvl 071 Barbarian: SenshuSan
    ~Last updated on June 13th 2012~
    edited June 2012
    Buying from ingame store with ingame gold still gives you that reward.
    And Jin is always selling fashion though. You were selling pieces of the Demure Set a couple days ago. You didn't make any money off that? b:puzzled

I got lucky with a few fash sales yup, but after I bought the stuff for my gear (TT99) I was completely broke again and did not even have money to buy a tele <.<
    The Demure Set I got cost me 25m. Almost all the money I made over idk how long (Ca''t be too long cus I never have alot of cash for a long time). I got lucky selling the top and botem for 20m or so. The wig I really wanted to keep cus ... doh a player like me is a sucker for a wig like that. The sleeves never sold and my friend has em and the heels i think i sold for 6 or 9m i forgot. So it ain't a big profit. I could try selling the wig for 30m like some other dumbass in ah xD haha (What a crazy Prize, I doubt it would have sold) but lol I take alot of pleasure of having fash. Gear +12 I really dun have to... but at least +5... Have you seen the orb prices? x.x It's Sad.

The Point is, I have my own way of enjoying the game, but there are several small things that are just not right x.x All people do is compare themselfs with me, when you do not even know who I am, what I like and what I do... I concider myself (Based on gear and skills) a avarage player. Lot's of people see me always with fashion or the gear I have had on my cleric for the past year (wich is +5 I got it from a friend who quit.) and they think I am rich and tell me how hard it is for them to make money and beg me for some :s

I'm not the only one having problems with refining or money or w/e. I am just one of the few that actually dares to post it without being scared of all the hate she is getting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    I think the Ferrari staff should make it so that I can make no effort and work a crappy job and still buy a brand new Ferrari. This is totally unfair QQ/Nerdrage.

If youre a good player and you put as much effort / time into the game as you claim to have, then competitive (maybe not tip top perfect +12 josd 3rd r9) gear is easily achievable without any real cash being needed. Saying you have played for 3 years and have only been able to get to 50k rep and save up 600mirages really shows how pathetic you are. The cream rises, while pathetic people stay at the bottom with their pathetic gear. I suggest you just accept your place and enjoy your fashion. b:bye

Like I said before... We can't all play all day long all year. This is what I mean with the jerks of PWI... Seriously... What is wrong with you.

First off all, several years ago the game was very different. Second, I don't have the time to work on shizz I want. Fashion buying and selling is easy because I can leave the pc on while selling **** and buy other **** in 5 min. However it doesnt mean I always sell something. Sometimes it takes weeks before I sell it. I can play a few weeks and then several months not.
    Also if I choose to spend the time I DO have, to play more with my Fashion looks, then my armor, that is my way of playing and having fun. However that does not have to mean that 600 mirages equals FAIL refining. That's the thing that pisses me off most. Yes I can buy refining ading stuff but why would I ? Most players can at least get +3 or +4 with 600 mirages... and unlucky ones like me dont. It's stupid it's based on luck.

I think you are lookign at yourself to much with a huge ego and not getting the point of my post.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Steopie - Heavens Tear
    Steopie - Heavens Tear Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Like I said before... We can't all play all day long all year. This is what I mean with the jerks of PWI... Seriously... What is wrong with you.

First off all, several years ago the game was very different. Second, I don't have the time to work on shizz I want. Fashion buying and selling is easy because I can leave the pc on while selling **** and buy other **** in 5 min. However it doesnt mean I always sell something. Sometimes it takes weeks before I sell it. I can play a few weeks and then several months not.
    Also if I choose to spend the time I DO have, to play more with my Fashion looks, then my armor, that is my way of playing and having fun. However that does not have to mean that 600 mirages equals FAIL refining. That's the thing that pisses me off most. Yes I can buy refining ading stuff but why would I ? Most players can at least get +3 or +4 with 600 mirages... and unlucky ones like me dont. It's stupid it's based on luck.

I think you are lookign at yourself to much with a huge ego and not getting the point of my post.

This is my point exactly. You openly admit to not being able to / not wanting to put any effort into the game, yet youre happy to moan about not being able to obtain the best gears. You want everything handing to you on a plate in some kind of easymode.

I dont care if you want to play with fashion all day. I dont care if you even want to log in to PWI or if youd rather spend your time looking at goat **** online. Just dont come crying about something that requires effort when youre not prepared to put the effort in. Its like me crying about not being a premiership football player when I have never been bothered about putting the effort into training and practising.

In just about everything in life anywhere, time and effort make the money. Its like youre complaining about working part time as a cleaner and complaining about not getting the same salary as a full time lawyer. In the PWI case, time and cash makes the gear. If youre not prepared to put one of those in, dont cry about it. My advice for you in life is to make sure youre as physically attractive as possible. Maybe get a boob job and liposuction then go and gold dig some millionare and sit on your backside doing his ironing all day. b:cryb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • preywatcher
    preywatcher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My advice for you in life is to make sure youre as physically attractive as possible. Maybe get a boob job and liposuction then go and gold dig some millionare and sit on your backside doing his ironing all day
    that was just rude o.o
  • xyullortxyuty
    xyullortxyuty Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Dear Staff,

I seriously want to request that the 'refining gear option' at the elder should be made non cash shopper friendly.

I am a PWI fan for more then 3 years. I do not have the money to buy all the wonderfull things you offer in the online store, so I spend ALOT of time gathering ingame coins and items to have a good time. However lately it is becomming less and less fun. b:surrender

One of the many frustrating things that happend:

Today I spend over 600 mirages to get my armor to +3 and I failed...Higest I could get was +2... It is ABSURD that people with money can get +12 in 5 minutes when players like me can't get +3 with all the mirages they saved over a year. b:angry

This is just one of the things that is frustrating. It is UNFAIR how people with money have a huge chance to get everything they want inmidiatly when people with time work their ***** off and dont even get half of that.

When is this going to change? Because I know if it will not, then I will not be comming back to PWI after the release of Guild Wars 2 (A game where people with time get the same respect as people with money, a game made for EVERY player and not just to make money off the people who pay to play).

600 mirages. All I saved over a long period of time. Ofcourse there are options I can buy with my ingame coins to make refining easier. However, have you seen the wallets of non cash shoppers and the prices people charge for the needed items?

A suggestion would be an NPC that sells these items ( Not too high price) so prices stay stable and also the non paying players can enjoy this game. Because I thought Free to Play was also for the less fortunate people. Me, a player with not alot of money, not alot of ingame coin, maybe +4 is my higest gear VS a pay to play person with ALOT of money, ingame coin and +12 gear..... What is the fun in that? I have been looked down on many times, got scolded at for having bad gear, when alot of my friends cant even get most their items +4 ...b:shocked

600 Mirages.... Wasted... I can honestly say all these small things in pwi really starting to make me angry. Not just me alone. I hear it form more of my friends arround me.

Another thing is the Rep armor. I did my best to get some good gear. I saved up every penny I made and when I found out that Rep armor for mt Cleric looked the same as TT90, I once more was dissapointed and felt that the 50k rep I already made was a complete waste. Why can't the old classes have epic looking gear that is afordable?
    Seriously...

DO SOMETHING !

but then nobody will pay moneys b:shocked
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012

It's not just that you're unlucky though. It's that you don't know HOW to gamble and then you're blaming it on the mechanics of the system. You shouldn't have used up all 600 mirages in one go. If you're not having luck that day, go back later. It's hard to do because you feel like surely THIS time you'll have success. I know i've been there. But that's not the fault of PWI's gameplay mechanics. +3-4 is dirt cheap if you know how to do it. +5-6 can also easily be had by a f2p player that knows how to do it. It's really at +7~8 that it starts getting more cash shop oriented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited June 2012
    This is my point exactly. You openly admit to not being able to / not wanting to put any effort into the game, yet youre happy to moan about not being able to obtain the best gears. You want everything handing to you on a plate in some kind of easymode.

I dont care if you want to play with fashion all day. I dont care if you even want to log in to PWI or if youd rather spend your time looking at goat **** online. Just dont come crying about something that requires effort when youre not prepared to put the effort in. Its like me crying about not being a premiership football player when I have never been bothered about putting the effort into training and practising.

In just about everything in life anywhere, time and effort make the money. Its like youre complaining about working part time as a cleaner and complaining about not getting the same salary as a full time lawyer. In the PWI case, time and cash makes the gear. If youre not prepared to put one of those in, dont cry about it. My advice for you in life is to make sure youre as physically attractive as possible. Maybe get a boob job and liposuction then go and gold dig some millionare and sit on your backside doing his ironing all day. b:cryb:bye

You have some serious issues. I am not moaning about not getting the best gear. You are completely missing the point and you are just being an ****. Seriously Do not bother posting such comments in the future for I will simply ignore such words.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited June 2012
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thats h0w refining luck can be. My t00n f0r s0me 0dd reas0n is cursed 0r s0mething. Even with 50 Mirages I s0metimes can't even get ab0ve +1 as hard as it is t0 believe. I ask a friend t0 d0 it, they get +3 n0 pr0blems...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Seriously. If your luck is that bad just do this.
    600 mirages = 6 mill (npced)
    buy a 1 star= -150,000 (average)
    buy a 2 star= -600,000 (average)
    buy a 3 star= -1,600,000 (average)
    Total cost of buying 1-3 star orbs= 3,350,000

3,650,000 left over b:surrender
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012

2,650,000 left over b:surrender

But that would make it seem like they're not good at the game. b:chuckle
  • patik1099
    patik1099 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    press the refine button nonstop or roughly 4times per second, seriously,its how i got some stuff to plus 4
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    Yesteday I refined friends wep from +3 to +4 from 1st try, with 1 Mirage. Got another to +4 with only 4 mirages. But then I spent 150 on third just to get it to +1 b:shutup
    Sometimes you have luck, sometimes don't. If it takes too much mirages, just quit and try tomorow.

If you don't have enough time to play the game, don't blame others. Every game requires time and effort to get what you want, specially in online games, specially in MMO games, specially in F2P MMO games.

Company needs to make money somehow. You play game for free, you're using resources for free (server), and someone needs to pay for it. Players who charge Zen are good for game, since they keep it alive.

Just look at P2P games, usually you need to spend 150-160 USD a year on those games. And you can play PWI for free, get best gear for free, get all fashion you want for free. It just takes time, if you don't have it, don't play.
    edited June 2012

2,650,000 left over b:surrender

Then you only have one item tho. Not everyone has the time / money to get it for all the items.

I just think it is **** that it is based on luck. I think it would be more fun for the player if it was adjusted a lil. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZetsumieX - Raging Tide
    ZetsumieX - Raging Tide Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Then you only have one item tho. Not everyone has the time / money to get it for all the items.

I just think it is **** that it is based on luck. I think it would be more fun for the player if it was adjusted a lil. b:surrender

U THINK too much.... stop thinking and play / enjoy the facking game or just go play another...b:bye
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Well doing it your way you got... 0 items. If you dont want to gamble, and be POSITIVE it wont fail.. then you do it that way.
    edited June 2012
    U THINK too much.... stop thinking and play / enjoy the facking game or just go play another...b:bye

That is just silly... If we all stop thinking and just play... A great game is not just made by the developers. Gamers have influance on it aswell.

Anyway, I will play another game soon where the players have such influance. Tho this game requires a one time payment, it allowes me to play different games aswell. I like Perfect World. It has it's Charm. I just think it is loosing this and as a fan for several years I decided it was time to share my feelings. I think to just give up on it and move on is a bit of a shame after the work / time I put into it. I would like to return to this game and play it from time to time.

If the developers or any of you think I am wrong, then that is okay and I will respect that. I can imagne that some people find nothing wrong with this game (or maybe something else, but just not what I mentioned).

This is just how I feel and maybe in time I might loose interest. Nothing wrong with that. At some point loosing interest happens to most people. As I said I just thing that would be a shame. All my old friends from 2 years ago or more already quit. I just believe the game could be much better and I would like to see it happen.

It's too bad people can't just normally talk about it and that some have to talk trash to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm one of those people you could talk to normally about this, but I'm part of a breed that is dying out.

I was just thrown off by your last paragraph in your first post. That complaint made no sense to me.

I agree with you though, however the point some people have been trying to get across you, was not clear enough. "Just play the game for fun".

If having a pretty character is your way of having fun/being comfortable with the game, then stick with it. Long time ago, that I used to be like that, gosh, I have so much fashion, and did many many makeovers.. Now I'm happy when I just randomly grinding on mobs in morai. But anyhow, because you're stressing over refining, you're ruining your own fun. Somewhat self-torture. By your sig, I guess you're referring to your cleric. What I'm saying is, for just plain ol' PVE you don't need to refine. . I'm guessing you going for HP, just use HP shards. I'd say vit stones, but they are expensive.

And about the statement that it still fun for other f2p players, yes this is true. The ones I've met/talked to, don't take this game seriously enough to bother with such things. To them, this game is just a glorified chat room, with mobs around to kill time.

Bare in mind, I am aware of that feeling of wanting your character you put time in to be strong, but the effort of getting there still does what I said in the first part of this post. You have to decide is it worth ruining your enjoyment.

And it's probably best not to compare your progress with others.
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • Hatchet - Dreamweaver
    Hatchet - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    lv80 = Pure Quest EXP.

lv90 = Questing/grinding/BH/Crazy Stone/running 'Normal fc' runs with a 6 man squad

lv100 = Questing/grinding/BH/Crazy Stone/Morai Chain/running 'Normal fc' runs with a 6 man squad...

TT99 HA chest/pants/sleeves/boots & LA Orns = Farm TT runs/grind on mobs/pick flowers/BH100 rewards

Deicides +7 = Grind on mobs/pick flowers/BH100 rewards

Striking Dragons +6 (TT100 Fists) = sale FC/Farm Nirv for drops and sale for profit/BH100 rewards/pick flowers/grind mobs

Nirv Chest/pants & Axes +5 = sale FC/Farm the hell outta Nirv when x2 drops is on/BH100 rewards

Perfect Shards = (Farm Nirv, the shards u get can add up after awhile and u can manf. higher lv shards, sale them for profit or use them on urself)

full set of Pure Black fashion (x21 Black dyes) = sale FC/pick flowers/grind mobs/BH100 rewards

15+ Demon Skill books (HF/GS/Bell/Axe AoE's/etc. = sale FC/farm Nirv/grind mobs/pick flowers/BH100 rewards

Pan Gu Tome = sale FC/farm Nirv/grind mobs/pick flowers/BH100 rewards/live in Delta

I know all about not being able to find squad for Delta, TT and Nirv when ur way under the 'requirements' that the cashwh0res set in the 1st place ( I love seeing a sin form a Nirv squad asking for +10 Sin/BM's help when his *** aint even got but +7 on his daggers, this games greedy, Correction the players are what make it greedy and hard to do anything on, but SQUADS do exist and PLAYERS do exist out there that will take you and let you join in, cus most know that in order for u to get a pair of Nirv Daggers, U tend to need to farm the instance that provides them, who the fvck wants to pay real life money for a pair of Nirv gears so u can 'be accepted to run it' finally. *** backwards to me ijs but that's just me, but Ive never charged 1 cent on a video game esp this one here, and Ive played for 4 years and acquired almost a full set of Nirv gears and weps, and mid refinery and 3 100+ toons this game is very free to play and very doable off of what they offer us as f2p gamers, its all about ur lv of laziness and how much effort u really looking to put into it, set ur goal and don't sidetrack from it and u will get everything u desire.

While all the cashwh0res blow they money on pixels and quit after they get they r9 gears cus they bored... good gtfo then more room and less lag for me, I'll still be here long after u gone writing this games eulogy and carrying on the honor of being f2p.

b:laugh