Is PWE concered at all????

Options
RockMSockM - Harshlands
RockMSockM - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
SO i know there probly tons of threads on this already, but what the hell. I was wondering if PWE was concered at all about the players of PWI. With the huge decline in playerbase(most leaving privite servers), the inflation. Im not even gonna get started on the F2P/P2P aspect. Maybe its jus me, but i dont have tons of time or tons of money to spend on this game, and when its hard as hell to compete, and gear changes every 6 months, there are ppl like me who are left behind and cant play catch-up. I realize they have a business to run. But the recent gear adds did nothing but make the OP more OP.Im on the fence myself about leaveing. So my question is the staff at PWE concered or they finally getting what the want nothing but major cash shoppers???????
Post edited by RockMSockM - Harshlands on

Comments

• ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    SO i know there probly tons of threads on this already, but what the hell. I was wondering if PWE was concered at all about the players of PWI. With the huge decline in playerbase(most leaving privite servers), the inflation. Im not even gonna get started on the F2P/P2P aspect. Maybe its jus me, but i dont have tons of time or tons of money to spend on this game, and when its hard as hell to compete, and gear changes every 6 months, there are ppl like me who are left behind and cant play catch-up. I realize they have a business to run. But the recent gear adds did nothing but make the OP more OP.Im on the fence myself about leaveing. So my question is the staff at PWE concered or they finally getting what the want nothing but major cash shoppers???????

PWI buisiness, all they want is y0ur m0ney.The fact that y0u stay 0nly makes PWI happy. It's vey simple, if y0u wanna get 0P gear s0 y0u can PK(since really thats the 0nly place the balance is needed), just g0 play a private server.If y0u d0n't have the time t0 c0mmit why b0ther staying and wasting y0ur time?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    SO i know there probly tons of threads on this already

b:bye
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    on the other hand i cannot help wondering whether you have actual data about the growth of the player base and their profits as well as the profitability of their business strategy
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    Doqui - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

So like, wat do you base this on? Got any numbers? any facts? or you just speculating

that is all b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*Lollipop Chainsaw Addict sinds 05-2012*
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Well, I can base the fact on the population from 2010 to currently has had a huge decline. Now I will say that a few servers are still running quite well (mostly the carebear servers) and have a good amount of population, but it is still definitely lower then it used to be. Now I will also agree that the lack of new-commers is lower for a multitude of reasons. The amounts of advertising, low amount of effort from our current CM(no offense frankie you could do more), powerlevleing leaving open world dead. I can go on but then it would start reaching more into me speculating then facts.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    So like, wat do you base this on? Got any numbers? any facts? or you just speculating

If you played PWI in 2008 and currently play the game, you would know what they are talking about. Most people multi-client nowadays where possible, so what you see in terms of people on the game are inaccurate. The actual numbers are definitely much lower. It's not even about private servers. This game is getting old, and the company that runs it doesn't help one bit. Majority of the player base has left the game for other games, or is on a private server.
  • __ian__ - Heavens Tear
    __ian__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    If you played PWI in 2008 and currently play the game, you would know what they are talking about. Most people multi-client nowadays where possible, so what you see in terms of people on the game are inaccurate. The actual numbers are definitely much lower. It's not even about private servers. This game is getting old, and the company that runs it doesn't help one bit. Majority of the player base has left the game for other games, or is on a private server.

I myself have been here since Feb 2009 and ive never seen HT server so dead. Did notice a slight jump in population when the patch came out then a week later it was dead again. Also has anyone noticed there stock take a major dive since Nov 2009 . There stock was at $46
    as of Nov 2009 now its running at $9.44.

Sadly PW has screwed there player base so bad many have moved on to other games. I still enjoy logging in once and awhile but this game isn't half of what it was. Someday there will be a few R9's standing around wondering where everybody is b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Complete your first quest. b:bye
    Feb 24, 2009
  • whoami88
    whoami88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

Friends of mine who have been playing on heaven's tears server said there are actually more players now than 2-3 years ago. Since you are level 101 I presume you must have interact with mostly people around your level many of whom must have played for years and are thus bored with the game, so many people around your level have quit, this is very true, but if you care to interact more with lower levels who form the vast majority of player base (check non TW factions' population) you'll realise that while many high levels have quit, it is more than offset by new players or new toons. This explains why plvl/wgtm service providers will never go out of business.

Inflation on the other hand is a very serious threat to the survival of pwi, gold used to cost 100000 coins, yesterday it shot up to 1.6m coins to 1. But to be fair a lot of stuff are now more affordable to lower levels. Example fb69 wraithgate robe now costs 4.8m coins for 8 runs compared to almost double in the past. Fashions and TT90 can be had on the cheap. Even a lazy/terrible farmer like me can make 1m in 2 hours by farming herbs/dragon quests drops and selling them to catshops. Some claim they can make 1m/hour farming turlips, others claim they can make far more farming TT/nirvana/warsong/etc.. There's even an acher who claim he can make 100m per day.

My personal opinion is that if you want you can theorically not spend a cent and still have fun and can still be overpowered. And even if you cash shop this game is still cheap compared to a browser game i had the misforture of playing. Got carried away and blew a small fortune on it. People play games for a variety of reasons; to make friends, fashions, etc.. If one is so OP and can solo most things, where's the fun?
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I get the feeling their new titles are gonna be make it or break it for PWE, but I don't think the game is dead yet. There are still new updates coming in, still new expansions, still regular maintenance. All of these things stopped when they killed the other two games. So it must still be at least decently profitable. At some point PWE is going to have to manage their game in a more user friendly way and learn to play up it's strengths or it's going to have shutdown.

I mean this game is pretty old as far as F2P mmos go, even the PWI version at this point. One of it's strongest selling points is its robust character creation system and beautiful aesthetics. The strong aesthetic design of this game in fact is the reason this game still looks so amazing despite the fact that it's graphics are so outdated. Instead of playing this up in it's advertising, they'd rather stop players for helping each other create characters. Despite it being a source of free word-of-mouth advertisement.

They also don't communicate well with the playerbase. However, I have noticed that more GMs are stepping it up. Geno is always fun, and other GMs are beginning to pop up more and more. Even though Frankie still posts about as often as he always has.

I still strongly feel though they should be focusing their attention not on veteran issues but on obtaining and retaining new players. This means figuring out ways to get the world map more populated and to make it worth people's while to interact with new players.

whoami88 wrote: »
    Friends of mine who have been playing on heaven's tears server said there are actually more players now than 2-3 years ago. Since you are level 101 I presume you must have interact with mostly people around your level many of whom must have played for years and are thus bored with the game, so many people around your level have quit, this is very true, but if you care to interact more with lower levels who form the vast majority of player base (check non TW factions' population) you'll realise that while many high levels have quit, it is more than offset by new players or new toons. This explains why plvl/wgtm service providers will never go out of business.

Inflation on the other hand is a very serious threat to the survival of pwi, gold used to cost 100000 coins, yesterday it shot up to 1.6m coins to 1. But to be fair a lot of stuff are now more affordable to lower levels. Example fb69 wraithgate robe now costs 4.8m coins for 8 runs compared to almost double in the past. Fashions and TT90 can be had on the cheap. Even a lazy/terrible farmer like me can make 1m in 2 hours by farming herbs/dragon quests drops and selling them to catshops. Some claim they can make 1m/hour farming turlips, others claim they can make far more farming TT/nirvana/warsong/etc.. There's even an acher who claim he can make 100m per day.

My personal opinion is that if you want you can theorically not spend a cent and still have fun and can still be overpowered. And even if you cash shop this game is still cheap compared to a browser game i had the misforture of playing. Got carried away and blew a small fortune on it. People play games for a variety of reasons; to make friends, fashions, etc.. If one is so OP and can solo most things, where's the fun?

I don't know about heaven's tear but I have not seen this increase in new players your friend is referring to. I have played this game since 2009 came out and it was definitely easier to form squads on my low level characters than it is now. I have always used pickup squads as my primary way of doing anything because I'm usually not patient enough to wait for faction. Although at least I don't try to act as though that's the faction's problem and they should drop everything. I hate it when people do that. Just run with randoms if you can never wait ever. :) And I only have one character that is level 100. And even then it hasn't been that long since I had one. Still a little persistence and grinding and willingness to put your own effort still pays off. So the the population isn't what I'd call dead. But I don't see this game lasting much longer if they don't do something now. Because it is over the hill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • whoami88
    whoami88 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    b:chuckle Seems to me most people complaining that pwi now has fewer players than before are all level 100 or more and many are from TW factionsb:laugh. Lower levels don't have the time to post on forums, they are questing or plvlling or ffing. Just put a toon on a non TW faction and you will see most players are below 90. But still this is an old game and getting boring, no game lasts forever even WoW, someday they will die. No denying that pwi is on the declineb:surrender ; but it might take another 2 years or more, in the meantime enjoyb:chuckle
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

Like a few have said, if you have been playing for a few years, it's obvious that the playerbase in declining, at a slow rate, but surely declining.

Most legit new players, usually go to like...Lv. 40 and quit. Powerleveling is a bit different, but filters new F2P players from those willing to charge zen a bit. Even then, knowing that the best gear is like...$1,500+ USD, pretty much makes them go "F___ that, on to another game." type of perspective.

Most TW factions have "Weekend Warriors" anyways, and that's never a good thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ... With the huge decline in playerbase(most leaving privite servers)....

You have proof of this, or its just your opinion?
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • thumbs
    edited June 2012
    Options
    PWI should sue the OP for libel.
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

Play f0r a few years, 0pen y0ur eyes and actually 0bserve things and y0u w0uld actually n0tice this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »

Imagine the insane amount of money they would make if they sued everyone trash talking their game o_o;

And eh, I gotta gree with Doqui here. While it's true that the servers seems less active, we don't have any numbers. I think what most people forget is that the 'playground' has changed. Back in 2009 people were on the map, doing their cultis, quests, squading up. Now people are mostly hanging out in caves to farm and make money. That does make a difference in how many players you see around in the world...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • thumbs
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Imagine the insane amount of money they would make if they sued everyone trash talking their game o_o;

Meant to say PWE, and yeah the LAWYERS would make out great. The bad PR would put PWE under.
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

First hand experience tells a better story than numbers do. Like, actually playing and wondering why there is only a few people outside west? If PWE has good numbers, they sure are not at the top of the game where player interaction is competitive.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I really don't understand how people can base their opinion by how many people are in citys. You guys do realize there is absolutely nothing to do in the citys other then having a place to AFK or setup shop, right?

Obviously the people actually playing the game are not going to spend all their time sitting in Arch. As for it being hard to find groups, people are picky with who joins them. Now a days no one trust anyone to actually know how to play the game or to not **** them out of drops or such. When people are farming for drops the last thing you want to do is invite a stranger who might refuse to give you something you have been farming for hours,days.months...

/sigh
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

unfortunately, you can only sue for libel if what is said is actually false...b:chuckle

for the record, rockmsockm has tt100 fists and has been powerlevelled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

That's a good point that I don't think I've seen addressed like this. I fall into this group. I don't want to spend all my time or all my money to remain competitive.

The amount of time and/or money it costs to remain competitive now is far higher than in the past.

Hey, you go out side. If you see a big gray round thing in the sky and a lot of tiny little sparkly white specks, and it's cold and dark, and you hear crickets chirping... it's probably not noon, but without a watch, you would never know.

You should be sued for not graduating grade school.
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

Sadly, they're Probably assuming that you'll just simply switch too another of they're Gaming (Line-up) and are assuming you'll just blow your money on them there.... Rather then here......b:question

So I'd have to say {No} they're probably not overly concerned at all, sadly......b:surrender
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Not all the population decline is down to people leaving the game, more servers hasn't managed to greatly increase the player base but just spread around those that they already had on HT, Sanc, DW, LC and HL.
    Take the European servers for example , alot of those are not new to the game players but just Europeans who have moved from the US server's .

Summary: Added to many servers to quickly when they didn't have the player base to justify it, and they were just added as a sales boost.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Maybe its jus me, but i dont have tons of time or tons of money to spend on this game, and when its hard as hell to compete, and gear changes every 6 months, there are ppl like me who are left behind and cant play catch-up. I realize they have a business to run. But the recent gear adds did nothing but make the OP more OP.Im on the fence myself about leaveing. So my question is the staff at PWE concered or they finally getting what the want nothing but major cash shoppers???????

The recent updates introduced a G16 alternative to R9 which can only be farmed and R9 mats were pulled from boutique. This is more cash shop oriented how?

Have you people lost the ability to think?? Has this kind of complaint become a Pavlovian response to any content updates PW dares to implement?
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    @the people questioning the declining player base: Youre all idiots. Its plain as day the servers are inactive. Most "new" players are just alts, dont believe me, join a noob faction and ask all the lowbies if they have a main, they'll almost always say yes, and theyre just making a new char cuz theyre bored. Or cuz end game is too expensive. So they get to 90~ and make a new char. With new G16 gear the OP get even more OP. There's no class balance, with new updates F2p players cant even do BH100 unless there's cashshoppers in the squad with them, they cant farm TT cuz the drops have been nerfed due to all the apsers soloing for mass coins, and the difficulty has been increased due to cashshoppers using OP gear to solo all day. DQ has been nerfed due to gold farmers, theres literally NOTHING a f2p player can do anymore, cant pvp cuz of cashshoppers, and its getting to the point where they cant even pve cuz of the cashshoppers.

PWE has decided to take the route of punishing f2p players for not spending, instead of rewarding p2p players for spending. If youre going to advertise yourself as a f2p game, you shouldnt be punishing ytour f2p players for not spending money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    Options
    The recent updates introduced a G16 alternative to R9 which can only be farmed and R9 mats were pulled from boutique. This is more cash shop oriented how?

Have you people lost the ability to think?? Has this kind of complaint become a Pavlovian response to any content updates PW dares to implement?

What you mean to say is, they put in G16 gear that makes old OP gear look like a joke, this is gear which can be farmed in under a week. Oh, and they ended a month long rep sale, which coincidently ended at around the same time. Oh, and they also formatted the new G16 gear to where everytime you reroll you lose your refines and shards, forcing you to start from scratch, then a week later they put 10*'s on sale. Hmm...no no, not cash shop oriented at all. I see nothing wrong with this scenario. Lol you're stupid. You make archers look bad.

And people are always complaining because PWE is always pulling shiit like this lmao. God open your eyes. -.-'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    People keep saying PWI doesn't care about the games future. Clearly they've decided the game's future is in endgame content and so they keep adding to that and speeding up leveling.

You might not like their plan, but its unfair to say they don't have one.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
    edited June 2012
    Options
    laloner wrote: »
    People keep saying PWI doesn't care about the games future. Clearly they've decided the game's future is in endgame content and so they keep adding to that and speeding up leveling.

You might not like their plan, but its unfair to say they don't have one.

As you can tell, their plan is end game because that's where the money is. But they aren't balancing it. As the disparity between brand new players and end game content gets wider and wider fewer and fewer people are joining the game. Soon it will just be cashshoppers, and then even they will leave with no one else to play with besides themselves. Heck! They're already leaving to private servers, it's the same thing as PWI, but free!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    What you mean to say is, they put in G16 gear that makes old OP gear look like a joke, this is gear which can be farmed in under a week. Oh, and they ended a month long rep sale, which coincidently ended at around the same time. Oh, and they also formatted the new G16 gear to where everytime you reroll you lose your refines and shards, forcing you to start from scratch, then a week later they put 10*'s on sale. Hmm...no no, not cash shop oriented at all. I see nothing wrong with this scenario. Lol you're stupid. You make archers look bad.

And people are always complaining because PWE is always pulling shiit like this lmao. God open your eyes. -.-'

This is a cash oriented update compared to not having ANY reasonable farmable G16 alternative to R9 and R9 mats existing in the cash shop?

You're stupid, you make sins look bad..o wait...
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

so wait your saying r9 gear is ok but a farmable gear is not OK

that it takes a week or a month is not a issue tho

and how is farmable gear a cash shop oriented

well when you recast dont you always lose ur refine duh
  • Tsuki_Lara - Dreamweaver
    Tsuki_Lara - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    i am a New player to PW so far i have seen many type of people!

there are the high lvls who do not really care what we low lvls need!take for example my server i wont take names but have met some really mean players !

Then there are the good people players who talk to you tell you stuff about the game your way around things i really liked that !

As for the company running this game i do not know much but all i will say is the following i felt really odd and out of place-

1- as a new player i did not see a single person in the beginners quest area no new players
    2-why does everyone say go FC?and not Quest?
    3-what is wrong with asking help from a high lvl sometimes?

and one thing i will say i am most happy about without a doubt best thing happen to me is joining a good guild called 'Seiryu'

and this game is a bit unfair when it comes to free players
    reason is
    Why not give same opportunity to f2p players to get Items similar to cash shop?
    i would not mind working for it but the fact is some saying it bienf IMPOSSIBLE to get without using real money is shocking indeed!