Flawless Fabric

Mstrsdragon - Sanctuary
Mstrsdragon - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
This is a lvl 45 quest, and the part that's driving me mad is the first part. Your to collect 15 (I have 2 after working on this off and on for 2 days) Heavenwear fragments from the Tauroc Commanders in Rook's Valley. The drop rate according to PWDatabase is 30% b:angry. The low (almost non-existent at times) drop rate combined with fighting lvl 51 mobs is about to make me fecking crazy. My poor cleric is struggling as it is, and dying every other mob isn't helping. I even had a lvl 57 BM helping me. She had a quest out there to do, so we teamed up. I healed, and she attacked the mobs she needed and the ones I needed. After nearly an hour and a half not one fragment dropped b:angry b:surrender Is there anything I can do to make this go by faster, or should I just drop it and pick it up at a later lvl.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my thread, and offering any advice you might have. b:bye
Post edited by Mstrsdragon - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I hunted the commanders for well over an hour and had no Heavenwear drops.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • SharkAngel - Heavens Tear
    SharkAngel - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    It would probably be best to do it once you've hit 50. I'd say that teaming up with an AoE DD would help, but the commanders are spread out all over that area, so any class who can kill 'em quickly would be fine.

Just a warning though - that quest will also have you search for 10 Compound Thread and Leather to finish it if I remember correctly...and those mats are usually worth more than the quest is (in coin).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Tip: If you don't hit the mob first, you won't get the quest drop. Keep that in mind if you're going to team up with others.

As a cleric, there's a couple ways to do this without dying a lot.
    1) maximize your pdef (pdef belt and necklace) and intersperse your attacks with ironheart blessing.
    2) Avoid being hit by slowing down the mob with great cyclone, and running away between casts. (Pay attention to where you're running so you don't run smack dab into some other mob.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    I hunted the commanders for well over an hour and had no Heavenwear drops.
    Update...there is another level 50 something quest where you have to kill 20 commanders and 20 of the archers. I kept killing commanders as I was completing the quest and after about two hours had all my heavenwear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Zhithia - Archosaur
    Zhithia - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    I'm having the same problem, killed about 30 and only got 3 of the fabrics. b:shocked
  • Xentreia - Dreamweaver
    Xentreia - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This is a lvl 45 quest, and the part that's driving me mad is the first part. Your to collect 15 (I have 2 after working on this off and on for 2 days) Heavenwear fragments from the Tauroc Commanders in Rook's Valley. The drop rate according to PWDatabase is 30% b:angry. The low (almost non-existent at times) drop rate combined with fighting lvl 51 mobs is about to make me fecking crazy. My poor cleric is struggling as it is, and dying every other mob isn't helping. I even had a lvl 57 BM helping me. She had a quest out there to do, so we teamed up. I healed, and she attacked the mobs she needed and the ones I needed. After nearly an hour and a half not one fragment dropped b:angry b:surrender Is there anything I can do to make this go by faster, or should I just drop it and pick it up at a later lvl.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my thread, and offering any advice you might have. b:bye

those mobs closer to the water area have a higher drop rate of fabric :)
  • Yannoa - Dreamweaver
    Yannoa - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The only quest I skip. Not because of the first part, but because of the part where it asks you to fork over crafting mats. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxXvixonXxX - Heavens Tear
    XxXvixonXxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Quest donts tell you but you have to do this quest solo I even did a test and when one got a drop the other didn't so you can't squad for this quest
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Quest donts tell you but you have to do this quest solo I even did a test and when one got a drop the other didn't so you can't squad for this quest

Wrong. You can be in a squad, you can have someone heal you. You just need the most damage on the mob to have a chance for quest drop.

Also, necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~