What hast happened to PWI?

2»

Comments

• tientiensuser
    tientiensuser Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Nah, I quit blizzard when they accused players of getting welfare epics. I paid 14.99 a month just like the people who played 8 hours a day. But they would rather cater the game to raiders and pvers with endless time sinks than the casual player who logs in and out but still pays the monthly fee.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Originally Posted by templeslave - Lost City View Post
    it's Because This Game Is Empty. However, Most Of The People Here On The Forums Will Do Or Say Anything Because They're Neurotic And In Denial And The Game Isn't Dead Until The Servers Are Turned Off.

The Biggest Landowning Faction On Lc Doesn't Even Play The Game Anymore, They Just Log In Once Or Twice A Week For Tw....

Is that anything new? -Seriously.. TW factions like to stand around doing NOTHING for a whole hour before TW.

I don't know about your server, but I still use Best Performance option when going through W.Archo, I still don't have a problem finding BH79 squad on my 8th toon, and while it does seem there's a shortage of good players and a lot of great friends have left: there's still enough new ones coming along.
  • /aron - Dreamweaver140
    /aron - Dreamweaver140 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It's not that bad. Just join a faction and get some friends to play old school with you.

Have been in a few factions (Kindrid, Dynasty, KMD, BOOFSPLOX, etc etc etc) over my time on PWI (this and another older account) and nobody does anything there either lol Unless ya count standing in Lost or West Arch PvPing...

Have been searching forever it seems for people to play old school with and do TT runs and BHs and whatnot and find absolutely nothing whatsoever.

People in the game have become lazy and simply log on and run to FC
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    thumbs wrote: »
    Is that anything new? -Seriously.. TW factions like to stand around doing NOTHING for a whole hour before TW.

Learn to read. I didn't say anything about standing around and preparing at a rally point, every TW guild does this. Derp.
    I don't know about your server, but I still use Best Performance option when going through W.Archo, I still don't have a problem finding BH79 squad on my 8th toon, and while it does seem there's a shortage of good players and a lot of great friends have left: there's still enough new ones coming along.

8th toon. lol

So I struck a nerve, but you're not particularly sure which one. At least from reading your reply, I'm not...
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    this Game Was Designed By People Who Just Wanted To Make Money. Or Maybe It Was Designed By People Who Wanted To Create An Amazing Mmo, But Then It Was Taken Over By People Who Just Wanted To Make Money. They Have No Pride In The Quality Of Their Game And Only Design It To Exploit Human Faults To Get As Much Cash Out Of Them While Expending As Little Resources As Possible.

This Is Why Pw Co Will Never Be Among The Most Liked Mmo Companies By Gamers. They Don't Have Any Passion For Their Games. They Just Have A Passion For Money.

Omg, ^^^^this--this--this!!!!^^^^

The original devs of a game treat it like their child. Don't know the story behind PWI
    kicking the original devs, but I think it was a BIG mistake.
    edited June 2012
    The specualtion was that the original developers were all hired on contract, and at some point the contract(s) were not renewed.

The original game as it was designed, as well as the updates it received from the original developer were pretty awesome. You could see where they were going with it. They were probably adding end-game content when they got fired/released.

Imagine if they had stayed on for another year and completed some of the stuff you see in heaven/hell that looks like it has a purpose, but doesn't....
  • crazy001
    crazy001 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This game was designed by people who just wanted to make money. Or maybe it was designed by people who wanted to create an amazing MMO, but then it was taken over by people who just wanted to make money. They have no pride in the quality of their game and only design it to exploit human faults to get as much cash out of them while expending as little resources as possible.

This is why PW Co will never be among the most liked MMO companies by gamers. They don't have any passion for their games. They just have a passion for money.

We should ask PWI to send us the stuff we buy in game when you think of what it cost online then they should send it to me at home so I can hang it on my wall or put it in the basement, I mean its mine I payed for it so send it to me or drop your prices.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The specualtion was that the original developers were all hired on contract, and at some point the contract(s) were not renewed.

The original game as it was designed, as well as the updates it received from the original developer were pretty awesome. You could see where they were going with it. They were probably adding end-game content when they got fired/released.

Imagine if they had stayed on for another year and completed some of the stuff you see in heaven/hell that looks like it has a purpose, but doesn't....

Or stuff, say, all over the entire world map, in major cities, black market vendor, etc.

So far, there's more content left unfinished (Tideborn FB19, heh) than there is stuff that IS finished. And stuff that was working in 2008 is now magically broken (Christmas Event).

Not only that, but the nifty little Chinese holiday related events (and US/North America) went from frequent, to less frequent, to once a year, to completely gone.

This game HAS been abandoned by both the Devs, and PWE. I ONLY play for TW now. Eventually, I'll leave STO when PWE starts ****ing that game's money hole, and probably find a game completely independent of PWE.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
    edited June 2012
    Or stuff, say, all over the entire world map, in major cities, black market vendor, etc.

So far, there's more content left unfinished (Tideborn FB19, heh) than there is stuff that IS finished. And stuff that was working in 2008 is now magically broken (Christmas Event).

Not only that, but the nifty little Chinese holiday related events (and US/North America) went from frequent, to less frequent, to once a year, to completely gone.

This game HAS been abandoned by both the Devs, and PWE. I ONLY play for TW now. Eventually, I'll leave STO when PWE starts ****ing that game's money hole, and probably find a game completely independent of PWE.

Yeah, there is plenty of stuff that's broken and was removed. I just posted about it in another thread to some noob. lol