Chance refining win

Options
Nemeira - Heavens Tear
Nemeira - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
So over the past week I've been randomly refining a weapon I got from world chat from mirages I've gotten lately. Every day I'd try and refine it a couple times, and after failing for the first couple of days and 32 mirages later, this was the end result.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee79/MattySundin13/Nom.jpg
Post edited by Nemeira - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    That is either the biggest win or biggest lie in PWI history.

Edit- Maybe second biggest win. First was all the people who got L:UAD to their account via jones blessing thing.
  • ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear
    ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    He did chance refine it, we were joking around about him being able to refine **** and he went and did that b:pleased
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Cool story bro
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • xhotrod
    xhotrod Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    incredible. Now go do that on an endgame weapon.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I mean what else can I say besides...you got lucky? It's on a nonfactor weapon. R8 weapon easily beats it, so you're basically bragging about a weapon that's barely stronger than a +0 R8. It'a really a shame this didn't happen on a R8 or R9 :/.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Transfer that refine to a r8 or r9 wep later on and you have saved a **** ton of cash?
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Transfer that refine to a r8 or r9 wep later on and you have saved a **** ton of cash?

The price of refine transfers would probably be more with those grades to be honest...It'd likely be cheaper to just re-refine
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Meanwhile I can't even get my nirvy daggers to +7 with event gold and 1000 mirages. b:sad Congratulations though! :) I have noticed that I have a bit better luck if I leave and come back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Don't believe everything you read.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Don't believe everything you read.

Yeah, I doubt it but stranger things have happened. meh. It doesn't really matter if it did. If it did congratulations. If it didn't and you fool one person, gratz for the excellent troll. Either way I think congratulations are in other. ::grabs some bubbly and passes it around::
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    So many haters. Someone is happy they got lucky with a refine and all people can do is trash talk it.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    So many haters. Someone is happy they got lucky with a refine and all people can do is trash talk it.

Not hating, man. Not hating. ::passes some bubbly to you and OP::
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Man your good. I never get anything past +5 even using the best refining aids.
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    about as rare as getting 2 Scroll of tome in 3 anniversary packs.
  • crazy001
    crazy001 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    So over the past week I've been randomly refining a weapon I got from world chat from mirages I've gotten lately. Every day I'd try and refine it a couple times, and after failing for the first couple of days and 32 mirages later, this was the end result.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee79/MattySundin13/Nom.jpg

Ive tryed many time to refin my stuff after 300 stones later im right back to were I started.
    you ether have to buy the draon stone from PWI or be one of the luckest players in the world.
    so PWI rase the chances for those of us that dont have the money for your stones.
    b:angry
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Baffles me how gullible people can be.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I dont quite buy it - not unless I can see the chat log indicating that no orbs were used.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    It is possible, but it prove nothing. No one from PWI will be able to use your result except owner of those weapon (Psychic). Transfer +12 refine from low grade to high grade equipment is not possible.
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    seems legit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Wow, this post inspired me to take a chance and shard my legs with DoTs and this is what a got, 100% legit omg.
  • Paulrogers - Harshlands
    Paulrogers - Harshlands Posts: 653 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    http://imgur.com/IyFst close enough
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tailla_Xx - Raging Tide
    Tailla_Xx - Raging Tide Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    to all the dumb fu ck people who believe this story and gonna start wasting mirages:

• * +10 Refine sale just release and then this story appeared on the forum? Strange huh >.>
    • * The chance to refine in this game a weapon with 32 mirage stones to +12 is 0.0000000000001% AND you're not gonna tell me he's lucky like that, especially with only 32 mirages >.>
    • * PWI just don't let that happen lol
    • * ...and to give an example; I've already wasted 100's of mirages and never got past +4.

So think twice before you start gambling like that. b:cute
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

oMG SIGNATURE THIEF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    * The chance to refine in this game a weapon with 32 mirage stones to +12 is 0.0000000000001% AND you're not gonna tell me he's lucky like that, especially with only 32 mirages >.>

I like to see player, that will click so many times to refine his weapon ...

Really he need 104 512 867 mirages in average and 605 days if he will click 24 hours per day with speed 1 click per second to refine weapon to +12.
  • Nemeira - Heavens Tear
    Nemeira - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    to all the dumb fu ck people who believe this story and gonna start wasting mirages:

• * +10 Refine sale just release and then this story appeared on the forum? Strange huh >.>
    • * The chance to refine in this game a weapon with 32 mirage stones to +12 is 0.0000000000001% AND you're not gonna tell me he's lucky like that, especially with only 32 mirages >.>
    • * PWI just don't let that happen lol
    • * ...and to give an example; I've already wasted 100's of mirages and never got past +4.

So think twice before you start gambling like that. b:cute

There is a reason it's possible for things to happen. If it was not possible to do, the chance would be 0%.
    I'm sorry you've not had such luck with your gear. I suppose the odds are near matching if I'm the first person to do this?
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    If it is on the internet it has to be true.
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    32 mirages/2 mirages for each attempt for weapons/16 attempts for +12
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    32 mirages/2 mirages for each attempt for weapons/16 attempts for +12

Can you repeat it ? If not, then it is almost impossible like 100/100 genie (even worse, because to get 100/100 genie player need 16 310 377 attempts only in average) .
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Yea, it was either a fluke... or a troll. I've not determined which. Don't like to assume anyone is lying.b:sweat
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I can +12 everything on a private server then bring the screenshots here :O cool isn't?
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry