seekers in tw

TieIer - Dreamweaver
TieIer - Dreamweaver Posts: 180 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Seeker
what exactly is the role of a seeker in tw sorry if this is a repeat thread please dont kill me :C
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by TieIer - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• CatManDoo - Dreamweaver
    CatManDoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    being decoy
  • Taco_Limey - Harshlands
    Taco_Limey - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Using Gemini Slash and 1 hitting a bunch of people
    Taco_Limey: Harshlands 102 Rank 9 Seeker
  • Vesemr - Sanctuary
    Vesemr - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Too late you got one shot..

Read Sympathi's guide.. Is (for me still 'is') one of the best seekers I ever saw and his videos are really usefull.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Safeng, thanks for syg <3

Look how I care, that you don't like my English ,,|,,
  • Eraldus - Sanctuary
    Eraldus - Sanctuary Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    being decoy

If your seeker sucks harder than a "hockey", then yeah, he's only good as a decoy.
    Retired...

Reasons? Packs, rank gear, picky greedy players, the list goes on b:bye
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    what exactly is the role of a seeker in tw sorry if this is a repeat thread please dont kill me :C

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1226531&highlight=gemini+slash

Here's your answer.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Mattiks - Dreamweaver
    Mattiks - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hi TieIor, to answer your question, seekers can fit many roles in TW, because it's a very flexible class. Although, one of the things we are best at is Crowd Control. And by that I don't just mean spamming Gemeni everytime its cooldown is up. Or running into a crowd, screaming "LeeeeeeerroooJeeeeennnkiinns!!!", and vortexing a group of players. Don't get me wrong, Gemini Slash is a vital aoe, and very useful in debuffing a group of foes, especially when preceded by Ion Spike, there is just more that we can do. And as for vortex, I never use that in TW, it leaves you vulnerable and you end up dying if you use it. Though our aoes are useful in controlling groups of people, and I think that's one of my favorite things. Me vs 5 is a a lot of fun. But be sure when doing risky things such as engaging multiple opponents, utilize apothecary to avoid going splat. Its not lame to use apo in TW, heck its what your fighting for in a way. Major Cities control the dispersion of special apos, like 1k, Tellus, Raging Tides, and Archosaur, and controlling these lands is a goal of any TW faction.
    But, we have many ways to fight. For examble, HA classes such as Barbs and BMs really don't like attacks like Edged Blur, Heartseeker, Ion Spike, and Battousai. Even further, cata barbs on the opposing side DO get careless with using antistuns, and it's always fun to ruin their day with a well aimed Heartseeker. Clerics and archers don't seem to like being stunned out of BB or BoA with a voidstep either. (I think its much more fun and mischievous to edged blur and then voidstep). And most AA and LA classes really don't like Gemeni either.
    There are some things that can help make different roles easier. Something I often do is alternate blessings. When I wanna kill, I have my Jones on. When I wanna escape a sticky situation to get back to base to defend, kite an enemy, or cross to assist teammates on another lane, I swap to my OMalley's.
    I've run in many different kinds of TW squads, and led a few as well. I guess the role you play really depends on the objective of the squad your placed in. There are defense teams, left and right flanks, cata squads, and cata supports to name a few. Role aren't always so class specific, and TW is a team effort from many different classes in squads working to achieve the same result. It is our job as a warrior in a TW to help our squads in as many ways as we can.

I hope this was helpful, and sorry for the wall of text, I can't figure out how to indent paragraphs on this forum, lol.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Using Gemini Slash and 1 hitting a bunch of people
    gemini snipe!

such fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan