Duo farming sins

Options
Cyatine - Harshlands
Cyatine - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Assassin
Hello everyone :)

So i got a couple of questions about duo farming with two sins.

This is my girlfriends sin that i level to 100, got r8 3.33 aps atm and almost got the pan gu's tome to get 4 aps r8.

I'm alt FC ing my own sin up to 100 in order to have a sin for both my girlfriend and myself to farm mostly nirvana with during 2x.

Now here is what i want to do:

This sin is demon, so i want to r9 her so she will be 4 aps R9

My own sin i want to make it sage and get it third cast nirvana daggers with at least 1 -int on it. Which would put it at 3.33 aps. I can make up the lost APS with a relentless courage genie, or if i'm lucky enough to get double int on third cast daggers.

Would this setup be a good one to farm basically whatever the hell i want?
both these toons will only be used PvE wise and mostly during 2x and just regular BH's and stuff.

Any Advice?
Post edited by Cyatine - Harshlands on

Comments

• Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Get Sage Bloodpaint as well , and raise cleric & barb for buffs ??

Where is your dilemma in all this ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Cyatine - Harshlands
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Get Sage Bloodpaint as well , and raise cleric & barb for buffs ??

Where is your dilemma in all this ?

Sage BP is one of the reasons why i want to make 1 sage and 1 demon.

There is no dilemma just wondering if there are other things i'm overlooking with sage sin, or with third cast instead of r9.

already have barb+cleric for buffs, so that's no biggie either
  • SSCaster - Lost City
    SSCaster - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    If you can afford all of this, go right ahead.

Btw the chance % on getting interval on G16 is 5%, so you might have to reroll some to get either -.05 or double -.05 based on what you desire.

As for the r9, truthfully said you might as well go for the 3rd cast of it. Which isn't too bad to get, just have to get 4 summerwind tokens, which if you have a r9 sin and a G16 sin, plus a barb and cleric alt (barb and cleric also at 100) you just need 2 more ppl and you could open NV and just two man it with your sin's till you get the raps and cannies needed for the 2nd cast. Then just need to farm the mold, basic badges, and whatever else to get the 3rd cast r9 daggers (which can be viewed in the pots at lunar).
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    If you can afford all of this, go right ahead.

Btw the chance % on getting interval on G16 is 5%, so you might have to reroll some to get either -.05 or double -.05 based on what you desire.

Since you can get up to 3 mods on the G16, the odds of scoring 1x -0.05 is actually pretty high at ~1:8.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Would this setup be a good one to farm basically whatever the hell i want?

To little info on the armor to say anything about this, but supposing you got everything +10. Yeah, you can probably farm anything you want if you didn't forget to learn a bit about your class and the instances you want to farm. Then again, what do you need confirmation on ?

Personally, I think sin + barb is a better combo then sin + sin. Those to are way more complementory then sins of different culti. They can do about anything fast and efficient even if you loose a bit time on bosses.
    As for the r9, truthfully said you might as well go for the 3rd cast of it. Which isn't too bad to get, just have to get 4 summerwind tokens, which if you have a r9 sin and a G16 sin, plus a barb and cleric alt (barb and cleric also at 100) you just need 2 more ppl and you could open NV and just two man it with your sin's till you get the raps and cannies needed for the 2nd cast. Then just need to farm the mold, basic badges, and whatever else to get the 3rd cast r9 daggers (which can be viewed in the pots at lunar).

Dang, it's so easy. Why doesn't have everyone r9 3rd cast yet. You forgot to mention how to just transfer the refines/gems or do you just go to 3rd cast r9 and nirvana with +4~5 weapons ?
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    @ OP. Depends what you want to farm. Some things depending on your gear you wouldn't be able to duo with your GF without a lack of buffs and decent defense to go with it. (My sin still struggles with the revamped 3-3 Emperor sometimes without buffs.)

And personally I'd take a Bm + Sin or as Empu said Sin + barb over a sin + sin
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Sage BP is one of the reasons why i want to make 1 sage and 1 demon.

There is no dilemma just wondering if there are other things i'm overlooking with sage sin, or with third cast instead of r9.

already have barb+cleric for buffs, so that's no biggie either

Then go straight and start with it , there is nothing you are missing except forming genies and adding final touches to your gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Cyatine - Harshlands
    edited June 2012
    Options
    @ OP. Depends what you want to farm. Some things depending on your gear you wouldn't be able to duo with your GF without a lack of buffs and decent defense to go with it. (My sin still struggles with the revamped 3-3 Emperor sometimes without buffs.)

And personally I'd take a Bm + Sin or as Empu said Sin + barb over a sin + sin

It will be mostly nirvana and TT 3-x what i would be farming.

I will definatly +10 the gear on both in the long run once i have third cast daggers and make sure both have at least 8K hp unbuffed.

I can always switch out my sins gear to my barb on the same account who is statted for claws so i can take all but the int chest over to my barb and run stuff on him if my sin can't handle it for some reason.

So for genies, what am i looking for for them to work together, i have tangling, extreme poison for "squad"debuffs on the demon one, both genies will have frenzy and the sage one will have relentless courage. Anything i can use as an extra on top of that?
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    well you definetely want holy path since running around takes a lot of time
    i have ToP for some "oh ****" moments at tt3-2 emperor (but i'm probably doing some quite noobish farming XD) (demon dot +12 r9r daggs)
    you only purge once #yopo
  • SSCaster - Lost City
    SSCaster - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Dang, it's so easy. Why doesn't have everyone r9 3rd cast yet. You forgot to mention how to just transfer the refines/gems or do you just go to 3rd cast r9 and nirvana with +4~5 weapons ?

I know what the costs are, but if you are gonna go r9 3rd cast, wouldn't you first gather all the materials needed and just go straight to the 3rd cast. Or are you one of the people who would go cast by cast?

My personal view, the hardest part would be getting the needed amount of raptures and uncannies for the 4 summerwind tokens. Beyond that it's just simple farming.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I know what the costs are, but if you are gonna go r9 3rd cast, wouldn't you first gather all the materials needed and just go straight to the 3rd cast. Or are you one of the people who would go cast by cast?

Keep in mind that :
    - With +5 r8 with immacs you won't easily jump to r9 recast +10.
    - With a limited 4 keys per day and drop rate, you're looking at 10+ months solo/duo'ing every day.
    - Those 2 extra players to open will want to get paid or run with you (split).
    - Players that bump from just so-so gear to epic in just 1 day, even if they farmed it all, have 90% chance to end up as fail braggers. It's better to have some graduation in progression.
    - If you are just average geared, how big do you think the chance is you got to join a squad for full warsong ?

Yes, I go cast by cast. Trying to get from low refined r8/TT80/pixies to r9 recast is just not realistic unless you fund it with another toon. It's easier to go step by step, because each time you improove your gear, coins will be easier to get. Besides, nobody sane of mind is going to struggle for over a year in a game thinking of some long-term plan...

I think you got no idea what you're talking about. You "know" the cost because you've seen them on database, but I doubt you go a real idea what you're talking about. R9 2nd cast is really rare even though it has been in way before the update. The cost of it is enormous compared to simple r9. Heck, for just the cost of the weapon, you could put another toon in full 3rd cast nirvana.
    And personally I'd take a Bm + Sin or as
    Empu said Sin + barb over a sin + sin

Just curious, why sin + bm ? I love sin + barb because the barb is great to do big pulls and to keep stuns/seals of the sin while he kills the mobs. What I can do dualling my barb is already pretty amazing. I got a bm on my barbs account also, but always prefer the barb.
    I will definatly +10 the gear on both in the long run once i have third cast daggers and make sure both have at least 8K hp unbuffed.

With what kind of gems do you consider this ? 8k hp unbuffed seems low to me, but that can be because I solo stuff that hits harder then 3-x. I just want to warn you that armor is way more important then the weapon if you aim to solo though places. Survivability wise, it makes no difference if you heal 1x, 2x, 3x or even 100x your hp with bp per sec.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    You do not need R9 much less recast R9 to farm 3-3 and Niv, it can be done with just 2 5 aps g13/15 sins. A better pair would be BM/Sin or Sin/Veno. If you really want pair 2 sins then get an alt veno/bm for HF or amp.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Keep in mind that :
    - With +5 r8 with immacs you won't easily jump to r9 recast +10.
    - With a limited 4 keys per day and drop rate, you're looking at 10+ months solo/duo'ing every day.
    - Those 2 extra players to open will want to get paid or run with you (split).
    - Players that bump from just so-so gear to epic in just 1 day, even if they farmed it all, have 90% chance to end up as fail braggers. It's better to have some graduation in progression.
    - If you are just average geared, how big do you think the chance is you got to join a squad for full warsong ?

Yes, I go cast by cast. Trying to get from low refined r8/TT80/pixies to r9 recast is just not realistic unless you fund it with another toon. It's easier to go step by step, because each time you improove your gear, coins will be easier to get. Besides, nobody sane of mind is going to struggle for over a year in a game thinking of some long-term plan...

I think you got no idea what you're talking about. You "know" the cost because you've seen them on database, but I doubt you go a real idea what you're talking about. R9 2nd cast is really rare even though it has been in way before the update. The cost of it is enormous compared to simple r9. Heck, for just the cost of the weapon, you could put another toon in full 3rd cast nirvana.

Considering the fact you seem unable to realize an alt posting when you see it, I decided to use my main instead.

Current prices of raptures and cannies within the LC server are at 1.4 - 1.7 mil for the raptures and 324k for the cannies. Now you need 1200 cannies and 300 raptures.

Let's do some math:

x300

x1200

+388,800,000

So just under 900 mil for 1 summerwind token. Now you need 4 of them for the weapon, so take 898,800,000 and times it by 4 and you will get 3,595,200,000. Now after this you can tack on 30 mil for the Essence of Attack if you don't farm it, if you do then you can get rid of the 30 mil.

So for just 2nd casting the r9 weapon, assuming you already have it, it will be 3,595,200,000 coin. Now assuming you didn't have it, you can tack on the price of the General Summer Token (ranging 5-7 mil on LC) and Medal of Glory (Ranging 23-30 mil on LC). Now you need 5 Medal's of Glory so that makes the price ranging at 115 mil to 150 mil, and 85 general summer token and that range is at 425 mil to 595 mil.

So now, let's take the bigger numbers as a worse case senario, and add them together.

So first we take 150,000,000 and add 595,000,000 and get 745,000,000. Then add cost of 104 gold for the reputation and at current gold price (1,500,000) that comes to 156,000,000.

Next we take 745,000,000 and add 156,000,000 and get 901,000,000 for the weapon if you didn't have it. Also we have to add in the price of the ring, which is 3 Medal of Glories and 32 General Summer Tokens. So again we will take the higher prices of the two items as listed earlier (30 mil for medals and 7 mil for tokens), and add them together. Which is 90,000,000 added to 224,000,000 to get 314,000,000. So now we take 314,000,000 and add the 901,000,000 to it for a grand total of 1,215,000,000

So currently we have two numbers:

2nd cast r9 weapon: 3,595,200,000 (Add 30 mil to get 3,595,230,000 if you buy the Essence of Attack from a catshop)

R9 weapon cost (if you don't have): 1,215,000,000

Now add these together, and you get the grand final number of:

So yes, while the amount is very staggering to say the least. For people who understand this and want the end result, but don't mind collecting for it first, will complete the task.

Please don't tell me I don't understand the prices of something I am talking about, when I have been in this game for 4 years.

tl;dr **** you idiots.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Considering the fact you seem unable to realize an alt posting when you see it, I decided to use my main instead.

*snip calculations =/= math*

Wall'o'figures for nothing.

What you say is that r9 2nd cast weapon is about 3 times more expensive then r9 weapon (+ring). That is not a "just" amount of coins. Nor will you get that anytime fast farming nirvana with 3~4 keys a day.

Also, you didn't even seem to get my main point : the rich will always make money faster. You are way better off getting your r9 to +10 to farm your 2nd cast (which will keep refines) then go after the stuff you need for 3rd cast, then transfer your gems/refines or redo them from scratch. Rather then keeping low refined/gemmed r9 because you want to save some millions on a billions costing project.

Getting from r8 straigth to 3rd cast r9 is a joke. There are barely any ppl that got 2nd cast, and you (who probably doesn't have it either) talk about it like it's ohhh so easy to get. So I repeat to your main toon, you have seen some info on database, but you got no idea wtf you are really talking about.
  • lalalala13416
    lalalala13416 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    sage + demon is beast
    follow everyone and cashshop it, so much easier lulz
    b:scorn
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Wall'o'figures for nothing.

What you say is that r9 2nd cast weapon is about 3 times more expensive then r9 weapon (+ring). That is not a "just" amount of coins. Nor will you get that anytime fast farming nirvana with 3~4 keys a day.

Also, you didn't even seem to get my main point : the rich will always make money faster. You are way better off getting your r9 to +10 to farm your 2nd cast (which will keep refines) then go after the stuff you need for 3rd cast, then transfer your gems/refines or redo them from scratch. Rather then keeping low refined/gemmed r9 because you want to save some millions on a billions costing project.

Getting from r8 straigth to 3rd cast r9 is a joke. There are barely any ppl that got 2nd cast, and you (who probably doesn't have it either) talk about it like it's ohhh so easy to get. So I repeat to your main toon, you have seen some info on database, but you got no idea wtf you are really talking about.

True not many people will ever get r9 2nd cast (as most get the normal r9 and just stop), but as I said at the damn end of my post. Those who have the will and determination, WILL do it.

From your understanding of the game, you think that going step by step will save you coins. Yet how much are you actually saving if you have to keep buying hundreds, if not thousands, of chienkun stones so that you can transfer your refines from each cast to the next?

As for my personal r9 view, I don't really see a use for it, though now that I have started farming in WS and Lunar to get the G16 NV claw mold I have changed my mind and am tempted to go and get the 3rd cast set. But that will only be after I get my main set finished out.

Overall this 'arguement' between you and I, is based over personal views of how to play the game with your characters gear progression. So easily said, agree to disagree is the best method of solving this.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    Options
    From your understanding of the game, you think that going step by step will save you coins. Yet how much are you actually saving if you have to keep buying hundreds, if not thousands, of chienkun stones so that you can transfer your refines from each cast to the next?

Well, you don't seem to realise 2 points :
    - you can't compare coins statically on 2 different times.
    - your weapon (gear in general) is an investment.

Having a +10 weapon instead of a +5 from periode X till you recast (which will be long) will make a significant difference in farming time, number of invites and even how ppl look at you. I personally think the advantage of good gear from X till the time you recast is vastly superior to the cost of transferring. Even if you don't agree about the gain, you can't deny that having a +10 weapon will generate more/faster coins then the same weapon +5.

I say this mainly in the aspect of how others look at you. I play a long time and ever since 50s on my barb over 3 years ago I took the time to get above average gear. This gave me a certain reputation that I would even put a large part of my income ingame on. When I see how many fail r9s there are and how ppl with decent gear get refused because they can't use it properly, I'm even more convinced that I took the right way. You can't expect that someone who 1 day changed equipment for way better then before (even if it was saved for during months) to know what he/she can or cannot do.

What mostly shocked me in your 1st post was how you put getting r9 3rd cast is a piece of cake. Cause honestly, it's a crapload of coins that nobody can "just" shake out like that. I probably reacted a bit to sharp on that, but meh. It's simply not that easy to get, and it's foolish to pretend it is no matter how someone plans on getting it.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Well, you don't seem to realise 2 points :
    - you can't compare coins statically on 2 different times.
    - your weapon (gear in general) is an investment.

Having a +10 weapon instead of a +5 from periode X till you recast (which will be long) will make a significant difference in farming time, number of invites and even how ppl look at you. I personally think the advantage of good gear from X till the time you recast is vastly superior to the cost of transferring. Even if you don't agree about the gain, you can't deny that having a +10 weapon will generate more/faster coins then the same weapon +5.

I say this mainly in the aspect of how others look at you. I play a long time and ever since 50s on my barb over 3 years ago I took the time to get above average gear. This gave me a certain reputation that I would even put a large part of my income ingame on. When I see how many fail r9s there are and how ppl with decent gear get refused because they can't use it properly, I'm even more convinced that I took the right way. You can't expect that someone who 1 day changed equipment for way better then before (even if it was saved for during months) to know what he/she can or cannot do.

What mostly shocked me in your 1st post was how you put getting r9 3rd cast is a piece of cake. Cause honestly, it's a crapload of coins that nobody can "just" shake out like that. I probably reacted a bit to sharp on that, but meh. It's simply not that easy to get, and it's foolish to pretend it is no matter how someone plans on getting it.

I fully disagree on the highlighted part. I went from FC green gears/bracers of blood moon to TT99 the second i hit 99. I already had the gear because I had worked on having it before 99. Now I realize the killing power isn't as deep as the jump from rank 8 to Rank 9 3rd cast. But it's certainly bigger than if I had went with TT90. I was also a pure build. The first time I tried to solo fc in the fc greens, I wiped a lot. A lot, a lot. The second time it took me a very long time. After the third time it really wasn't that bad when I was bored and it was even slightly (ever so slightly) profitable. Although after the second time I did decide the second boss wasn't worth the charm ****/apoth and let my cleric get bubbled. That experience did make me better at my class. Having crappy gear meant that spark+autoattack wasn't going to cut it. I had to learn my shields and which ones worked best when. How to tell if my sin wasn't going to make it and use apoth to survive. Etc, etc. Now all of that stuff is much easier with the better gear, but I haven't suddenly forgot how to play the class. I think many of the people who are crappy even in rank 9 were probably never that good to begin with. Or they didn't take the time to test things out and learn the limits of the class. And that's a personal problem not a gear progression problem.

I do agree with you with the rest though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit