So, Why Is That Your Name?

Options
Kashinimari - Heavens Tear
Kashinimari - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Etherblade (West)
Why did you choose that In-Game name and what does it mean?

Well let me start. My name is Kashinimari.

Kashi means divine inner light and Shini comes from shinigami which means Grim Reaper. Light and death. Oh yeah.... The divine light of the dark and grim Grim Reaper.

And I added mari cos it sounds cooler.
Post edited by Kashinimari - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Aurantiumi is Orange tree in Latin, it'd mean something like "gold bearer"

Aurantiumina----> female orange tree so female gold bearer o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
  • Eshva - Dreamweaver
    Eshva - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Most of my toons have names that originate from Tanith Lee's Tales from the Flat Earth.
    I love SF-Fantasy books and she is my favourite writer.

The Vazdru, male and female, are lordly, beautiful demons, capable of transforming themselves into animals, particularly eagles. The Eshva, male and female, are dreamy servants of the Vazdru, moody, emotional beings, who speak only with expressions and melancholy sighs...
  • ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear
    ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Aesthor is the name of one of my characters. It doesn't have an actual meaning, but that character was defined by patience and wisdom. Kind of ironic now, considering my reputation on the server.

After 4? years of playing this archer though I don't think I can look at him the same way again. Perhaps Aesthor will be remade into a troll-y **** archer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    My name has no real relationship with its meaning outside of my in-game personality usually being the opposite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    "Ravi" means happy, or like delighted, in French, basically my favorite language. I added the "-iste" part because it sounds kinda exotic and cute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • Anneliesse - Heavens Tear
    Anneliesse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Frank

had to do a bit of adjusting on the spelling due to other versions of it being taken already.
    *insert awesome siggy here*
  • Quikmart - Heavens Tear
    Quikmart - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Er... Derp.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    After 4? years of playing this archer though I don't think I can look at him the same way

(O.o)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear
    ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    (O.o)

I must know where your name came from. Please enlighten me. Use videos and pictures to make sure I understand as well, please.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    google works, make sure you turn off "safe search"
    and do it at work/school, preferably on a computer that is connected to an overhead projector, and where you boss/principal can see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    Options
    google works, make sure you turn off "safe search"
    and do it at work/school, preferably on a computer that is connected to an overhead projector, and where you boss/principal can see it.

If there were a "like" function, I would have liked your post. Just thought you might want to know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • Tenasia - Heavens Tear
    Tenasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    If there were a "like" function, I would have liked your post. Just thought you might want to know.

Go back to Vietnam.
  • Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
    Mayatheia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I like Maya and Theia so i put them together. Maya = Illusion, Theia = Divine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over...
  • Raviste - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Go back to Vietnam.

... already there. o.o Who are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Retsuko means violent child. Retsu = violence, and ko = child. "Ko" is often used on the end of japanese girl names. "Retsu" is more common as japanese name for girls, but it was taken so took "Retsuko".

I came with shifong because i wanted a chinese name for a chinese game. I've seen an anime called "Angel Heart". One of the characters was called "Xin Hong". But you pronounced it kinda like "Shi~fong". I liked the sound of it, so took that as name and afterwards i found out that "Shifong" was actually used as name in china.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Kashinimari - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Teehee . No fighting' women. Fight with me in ... If you know what I'm sayin sayin b:victory
    Teehee
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    No significance. Always tried to work in the name of the class in some way to my character names, so I spent about 30 seconds tinkering with different combinations using the word 'Wiz' till this one came out as being available.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    (O.o)

Aesthor is/was a male character >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Otonio - Heavens Tear
    Otonio - Heavens Tear Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    @jha i always wondered where your name came from. and also how to pronounce it. haha.

@sasha you're sexier than her >.>

lol.. my tilde killed my message.

otonio means "autumn" in spanish (except instead of "ni" it has a n with a tilde which apparently I can't type on the PWI forums without destroying them).. despite 90% of our server thinking i'm a latino man named antonio. sigh.

favu was a phonetics play on syllables because i'm a nerd and i was young and i liked that "f" and "v" were the same sound, but with the V sonorized. (same with p/b, t/d, s/z, etc but pooboo just sounds ****.)
    me lavo las manos con la sangre de newbitos
  • Kyanelle - Heavens Tear
    Kyanelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    My name is the first two letters of my first name and middle name (Kyan) and I love female elfs to have elle on the end of their names.

With my veno, she is a fox veno and she had the wavy/kinky hair that was originally an option so I called her Foxy_Kinks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Karma will get you when you least expect it. What goes around comes around.

It's called Karma and it's pronouced "haha f you"
  • Kashinimari - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Well I also made a wizard and named him, ITooKinkyForU and I made him the ugliest char ever.
  • Nikkas - Heavens Tear
    Nikkas - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    my older daughter's name is Nicole, so nikkas its a nickname i have for her
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I study Latinology therefore I am learned in the language of Latin, which is a small country located off the coast of Italy. I am also a fan of JRR Tolkien, who wrote many popular fantasy novels such as Lord of the Rings. The part of the name that includes s-l-e-e-p actually means great in Latin. The part c-a-t is an Elven word in JRR Tolkien's universe that means punish. Therefore my name means great punisher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    sleepcat wrote: »
    I study Latinology therefore I am learned in the language of Latin, which is a small country located off the coast of Italy. I am also a fan of JRR Tolkien, who wrote many popular fantasy novels such as Lord of the Rings. The part of the name that includes s-l-e-e-p actually means great in Latin. The part c-a-t is an Elven word in JRR Tolkien's universe that means punish. Therefore my name means great punisher.

then why do you have a kitty in your siggy? :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
  • Sisterreaper - Heavens Tear
    Sisterreaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I'm not really sure why I picked this name, i just thought it sounded appealing. Sometimes i regret it thinking "god what a stupid name"
    But i do like it XD
  • Detharos - Heavens Tear
    Detharos - Heavens Tear Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Certainly an entertaining thread concept.

TBH, I came up with "Detharos" way back in the day when I played WoW and was looking for a good name for an undead rogue. I noticed the "Detheroc" server name in the server list, thought it sounded kinda cool. Tweaked it around a bit and eventually spun it as "Detharos". The name has stuck to just about every first character I make in every MMO I've tried since. So interestingly, it actually has nothing to do with "death" or some weird variation of "death are us"(LOL) as some people seem to occasionally get the impression.

Ultimately its really just a random name I came up with while drinking some cola, with no meaning to it. But I suppose there is meaning in it by now in that every "Detharos" that has existed since has his own story to tell. b:laugh
  • Xatem - Heavens Tear
    Xatem - Heavens Tear Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Xatem was actually an original Character I made back on Deviantart.

A KH2 Nobody no less.
    So her real name is actually backwards Meta + X
    Meta being short for Metamorphosis

I have a thing about butterflies.
    Metamorphosis is amazing to me.
    "When everything is said and done
    So looking for answers if only one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Turn my back the urge has gone
    Left with no reason we come undone...."
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Lets see, my characters...

Lypiphera - was a word in Jaqueline Carey's Kushiel's Legacy series that was said to mean "pain bearer" which made sense to me to be the name of a cleric.

Aneurysmal - "of or having to do with an aneurysm" considering he's a psychic, it simply made sense to me that he blows things up inside brains

Incompetance - was my commentary on the level of skill required to run a blademaster effectively for farming

MetalPenguin - This
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Slegtst - Dreamweaver
    Slegtst - Dreamweaver Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Literally, Slegtst means "most evil one". The second letter in my name is a little L btw.
    I started with Slegt [evil], then made Slegter [more evil], so now im at Slegtst [most evil].

Oh and no, i dont think i am the devil reincarnated. xD
    The Slegt name comes from Slechtheid de Kat. Thats dutch for Evil the Cat. Any1 remember Eartworm Jim? Evil the Cat is the coolest villian ever.

Fanart.

In the cartoon.

Cool thread btw! =]