Does anyone use their Mystic as their main?

darksynn
darksynn Posts: 26 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Mystic
I've decided to use mine cause it's the class I have most fun on but now I'm getting a bit worried as I level up (currently lv67) how am going to survive income wise without resorting to too much cash shopping (I occasionally purchase zen when i can).

I mob and resell drops , gather mats and resell them , try to buy cheap stuff and resell them higher also make and sell Tomes when I can.

But I'm wondering is Soloing stuff on my mystic is worth the time and effort like TT etc.?

And can you guys please give me some advice on what else I can do Instance wise because since this mystic will be my only char from now on I'd like to make it as awesome as I can.

Thanks for the responses.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    TT isn't the only way to make money.

merchanting , Grinding , Farming can net you good amount of cash as well.

mystics are a wellcome class in Squads , due to their ability to play different roles. If you prove yourself you won't have problem getting parties for squads and money-making instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • darksynn
    edited June 2012
    Thanks a lot that's reassuring to hear. Any lv65+ game play wise is completely new to me I've just been spending time trying each class to see which one fits me better so after trial and error the Mystic is my choice.

So I still have a lot to learn lol
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Mystic is a complex but very powerful class ; you may need to prove yourself to get wanted. I don't really have a main, but my favorite of 7 classes I play is Mystic.
  • OmniX - Heavens Tear
    OmniX - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yes... My Mystic is my main. Although i have many high lvl alts, they dont compare to a Mystic for me. Before Mystics came out, my Wizard was my main...but not anymore ;D
  • BriarIce - Raging Tide
    BriarIce - Raging Tide Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My mystic is my main because before her I tried just about every class and did not go beyond lvl86 with them.

I love her versatility and the fact that I can play with different skills in varied circumstances and combinations. Not only am I pleasantly surprised by what I can do, but find something new all the time b:pleased

I b:dirtyb:dirtyb:dirty my mystic!
    "Karma is a cruel mistress" - Kelley York, Hushed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Silvychar, for the gorgeous sig! b:kiss
  • XaanhaaI - Momaganon
    XaanhaaI - Momaganon Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My mystic is my main, my first try was a blademaster.. didn't like melee fighting, so i tried mystic when it came out.

He is and will always be my main. I don't know how it is on the other servers but like another said above, you have to prove yourself to be wanted on the german server b:victory

Playing high lvl mystic is pretty fun, sometimes we can replace cleric, sometimes we can't.

Best part of it when you get to the higher lvls and the new morai skills and such. we don't need a cleric for Leaf dryad in abaddon or Lord of Captivation b:victory

Oh yes forgot to say it, but we can also replace the clerics in FC. Depends of how much people trust eachother and barb is comfortable with you hehehe.
    Around lvl 87 i could keep barb alive during the big pull

Where is VoItaire-.- we need his oppinion and some of the others too b:laugh

Anyway, there is so many opportunities and ways to play a mystic
  • darksynn
    edited June 2012
    That's really true I'm always amazed by what my mystic can do as she levels.

I've had a Cleric and Wizard before the Mystic came out but it's just nice to play an all in one char.

I've also tried all the other class just to see what they're like and get a better understanding of them but I hate playing melee personally as well.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My first main was a psy, then cleric, then wizzie, and finally mystic. I played a veno to 50 but didn't really like it much. :b But I felt mystic was probably the best class for me so I stuck with it. Most fun class I've ever played, and I don't regret it at all. We're very desirable in most instances and we have a lot of control skills for PvP, so we don't only support there with buffs and heals, but spammable cc as well. The class is pretty independent which is nice in case anything goes wrong in a squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darksynn
    edited June 2012
    As much as I do love dropping rocks on monsters and buffing random people I'd rather be able to take crazy risks as a mystic and still come out alive =)

I'll miss my wizard and cleric greatly they were the only 2 other classes I liked
  • MontRei - Dreamweaver
    MontRei - Dreamweaver Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I've heard a lot of things in this game.
    I heard that mystics are useless (wrong), that they can't heal FC squads (very wrong) and that they are the most hated class in the game (wrong, sins got that place).
    What i can tell you is that i have a lvl 99 mystic and I love playing it. I just can't get tired of him, because I can do many things, everything depends on the squad I'm in. Sometimes i heal, sometimes I DD, everything depends.
    I've come to realize that the oldschool players don't particularly like new classes, but we are the ones that people dislike a little less lol. You just gotta know what you're doing and you will be wanted and useful. As other people have said, proof yourself useful and they will have no complaints about you. 2 out of 5 days I play I'm called in an FC run for healing, and sometimes people say I'm actually better than some clerics. Other times i have to watch myself on DDing because I steal aggro from some people (not 5aps people lol). b:victory

As for money, I had a hard time making money on lower lvls because I don't buy cash, but I grinded a LOT, quested a lot and I would do every TT run that I could for money. After lvl 89, I also started farming devilwoods in Momaganom.
    I know how hard it is, but you will survive. lol
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I've come to realize that the oldschool players don't particularly like new classes, but we are the ones that people dislike a little less lol.

Old school player here. There's something wrong with people that think it takes a year+ of heavy repetitious playing to learn a class properly. The whiners on the forum don't represent the player base as a whole. Those so called old schoolers still pull runners separately in Warsong Metal, and are still derp melee'ing new BH bosses when buffed which is a laugh and sad at the same time.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    At level 100 it's more easy to do money as mystic or other class.

-the events (tbh i do more profit as mystic than i got on wizz and cleric in event)
    -BH rewards
    -Caster Nirvy
    -The cube
    -Etc...

Make money is not hard. Just exemple the cube, everyone i know open the box they get, than when they complain they don't know how make money i told them to beside open the box they can sell it and make profit, but they answer they can't resist to open it, so they pay 100k for one sadness card while in my case i sell it 175k, so if u calculate for 10 box i got i make 750k profit while people opening it paid 1m for 10 sadness card. Yes that can happen that someone will get a extasy card but every what? 20-30 box? Even if someone get lucky to get one each 10 box that just pay for the cost of box without profit and i sell all my box in one day (i do it since a long time and people continue to buy it), sometime a bit longer for the cube crate, but when someone buy it its generally all of them.

So its just to show that its easy to make money, but some people just don't want to. I wont say every way i do money that will be to long, but now multi-client is allowed its easy to have a shop online while you play on your main.

Everything is about patience and know take the profit where its possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Helquist - Dreamweaver
    Helquist - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    As lvl 100 mystic I really don't have problem to enter Caster squad and earn some money there. Actually mystic can enter any squad, exept some warsong or normal nirvy, where aps people are needed, but we still have casters, so it's not a big deal.
    And btw, soloing things now isn't very important, you can do instance with 6 members and still get profits :)