Bots

2»

Comments

• cjytopher
    cjytopher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Just checked my bot again, he is still there. In roughly about 4 hours it will be onto the 6th day I believe he has been there. I have tried to add a video to the previous ticket I sent in and it gave me an error both on chrome and when I switched to firefox so im done trying to add anything to the ticket. They can live with my screen shots I guess.

@Ink: The report hacking button at this point to me is for show, it does nothing that I can see and is useless if there is no GM actively doing anything on the server to begin with (west gate fun seems to be their priority).

This is turning into some fashionable disease at this point, people now see how easy it is to get away with botting and this will only spread and become more prevalent now (especially with a game with high cash shop demands to be competitive and a coin for gold market). Obviously whatever program pw has to combat bots does not detect them, they obviously are not too concerned with reports of bots by players or actively checking out these reports so whats to stop anyone other then their own ethics?
  • cjytopher
    edited March 2012
    Well finally after 5 days a gm has removed the bot. A faction leader friend of mine saw a GM about to have some fun at west gate and pm'd him to remove the bot. CransCrans (?) immediately went to remove the bot.

So as this shows me, tickets nor the in game report button is an efficient way of reporting bots and a futile effort on our behalf as players. The only way is to catch a GM in game and pm them to do what needs to be done, and how often does anyone encounter a live gm in game unless they are at west gate 24/7?

Im happy with the result, and really let down by the process of the whole thing.
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Hah..I've seen more individual bots in the game than I've ever seen of GMs in total. I've seen a GM in game maybe four times. Only two GMs, so two times each. It's really pathetic. Yet I've seen four different bots in the same area in less than a day. And it's pretty obvious when someone is botting. I mean, just drop a coin next to them and they stay there stuck on it.
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Old valley of the Scarred always has the same 2 venos afk with herc defending them from the goothe mobs in the ravine furthest from the entrance. They don't need to be bots to just sit there with herc auto defending day after day.

I assume they aren't bots as the never move, pick anything up, etc.

Personally I don't bother reporting it because it affects no one, no one cares, and they are no better off for having stood there like that than someone that grinded the same time and picked up drops etc.

I don't see what the problem with bots is exactly. If they can basically mimic a player, but they are just really antisocial and not replying to your repeated pms, and not magically making raps and cannys fall out of lvl40 mobs or something....then why the hell do you care?

They are killing mobs, its not like they are killing all of them so efficiently that no one else could possibly get a quest done. They aren't spamming nirvana and making 20 mil+ a day (or an hour it seems if you believe some people) although that would probably take about as much effort these days as that bot grinding on easy mobs.

If someone took the time to set up something that lets them NOT spend months of their life grinding what a few people can make in 7 min or less, and not directly interfering with others then I guess I don't get the outrage.

If it was somehow way more efficient than a normal player i.e. speed hacks or able to pick up all the loot in a 50 meter radius around them at the same time regardless of who it dropped for etc. then sure burn them at the stake.

If they were able to make SoTs pop out of lucky boxes or they were invincible or in some way actually broke the rules like that then I'm right there with you.

But if all they are doing is grinding less efficiently than what you think a REAL person would grind, and ignoring your rude and accusatory pms due to them ignoring you or not speaking english then good luck proving they aren't real. A real person made the toon, and took it there, and will certainly respond when they get banned "for no reason."

I'm sure if we all agree on where the appropriate areas to grind are, and how long we are allowed to spend grinding them, as well as the appropriate responses to random "are you a bot?" pms then they can adjust their programs accordingly and we can all just go about our business no better or worse off than we are now.

Seriously though I don't care one way or the other, I just wanted to play devil's advocate for a moment. They already allow multiclienting, and adding alts to full squads in instances that don't allow it for buffing purposes so really its only a matter of time before they allow bots too.

I've never searched about them before, but it must be a remarkable bit of programming that can do all these things people claim they can do. If you feel the need to cheat at a game that you are in NO WAY obligated to play then...have fun? Is it fun? Checking in every night to see how your fancy veno digipet has leveled up? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Old valley of the Scarred always has the same 2 venos afk with herc defending them from the goothe mobs in the ravine furthest from the entrance. They don't need to be bots to just sit there with herc auto defending day after day.

They might just be afk pet leveling. Pets take their time to level and that method works.

On Sanc the MQ spot north of shining tidewood is always packed. A veno on every guard mob, afk and their pet on defend. I don't see the harm tbh. Not like they gain anything but pet exp. Those guys actually keep mobs off people who do MQ. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • cjytopher
    edited March 2012
    Old valley of the Scarred always has the same 2 venos afk with herc defending them from the goothe mobs in the ravine furthest from the entrance. They don't need to be bots to just sit there with herc auto defending day after day.....

Sorry just cut the post a bit for a quote.

And yeah afk levelling is a bit different from botting because you can do it with no outside program on a veno easily. BOtting needs to be done with a program if you are going to pick up drops and do it for days on end.

The problem is with botters being ignored like this will affect the rest of the population. Why were tw coins removed from the game originally? Because of coin farmers/bots. After enough outrage they put back the coins. Months later nothing changes and they reduce dq vendor prices (not sure if that was reverted back or not). They reduced the amount of mirages from decomped gear as well.

What else will happen if we all take a 'I don't really see the problem" stance? Maybe they should reduce drop rates of all coinage drops and dq items alike, maybe get rid of the tw coinage again or reduce the amounts and let the rage begin then.

Theres another issue of cash shoppers versus botters. People who spend their real cash and grind and those who just set up a program and walk away. Its a slap in the face to them that they spent money when all they had to do is cheat the game and use a bot.

In the end it will inflate the economy and raise prices for everything if botting continues on this upward trend, from the smallest little dq item to cash shop mounts and auction gold.
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    But how is a bot grinding an area for a solid day any different than someone with no life that does the same thing? Does the bot get more drops? It effects the economy the same.

The "slap in the face" that cash shoppers should apparently feel about some one botting would therefore be applied to EVERYONE that grinds. Anyone that picks up mob drops by that logic is inflating the economy and ruining the game then?

I'm pretty sure the only mob drops ruining the economy are in Nirvana, collected by real people and sold to catshops that do way less than a botter yet impact the economy way more.

EDIT: Its usually just one toon botting a spot right? Well I suppose it would be more of an issue of they set 20 bots at the same time. Of course how would that be any different then a few zhen squads? Or map 3 grinding squads that monopolize all the good mobs and have people whose sole job is PICKING UP DROPS?

The point I was making that no one seems to have chosen to respond to is not that botting isn't a problem, but that until the bots can magically perform actions that are impossible for a non bot to do or affect the drop rates or somehow gain in the same amount of time the wealth that a dedicated grinder could get it isn't worth getting pissed off at.

Saying that botters inherently **** the economy is exactly the same as saying ANY grinders **** it up when the bots are performing the SAME tasks just as well, or even less efficiently, than a human player over the same time period.

If the bot is just auto attacking and picking up drops, and they IRL accompolish this by taping down one button and having a drinking bird peck the other one like on The Simpsons, i.e. a mechanical solution that requires zero outside programming or tapering with the game, then how is this "bot" **** the economy any more or less than someone at the actual keyboard or running a bot program?

How could they be detected?

Sure they might end up dead for a long time without being around to notice, but according to you this still magically makes then inflate the economy.

Its like the tree falling in the woods. If a toon grinds for a few days straight, and no one is at the keyboard to see it, do they inflate the economy?

What if they hired their little brother to watch the screen while this toon does its thing in exactly the same way as they would be grinding if they were actually at the keys? Does having real eyeballs on the bot somehow effect the drop rates?

And a person npcing a few hundred DQ items a night does more to inflate the economy than people selling off the same number of nirv crystals every few hours? Or soloing squad tts for mirages and drops over and over? Or selling gold at 1.5mil for months on end?

Exactly where would YOU rank someone auto attacking and picking up their drops for an extended period on a scale of ways to ruin an economy compared to all the tokens of best luck that people opening packs obsessively (one would almost say like bots themselves) and adding millions an hour to the server day after day?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • cjytopher
    edited March 2012
    But how is a bot grinding an area for a solid day any different than someone with no life that does the same thing? Does the bot get more drops? It effects the economy the same.

The "slap in the face" that cash shoppers should apparently feel about some one botting would therefore be applied to EVERYONE that grinds. Anyone that picks up mob drops by that logic is inflating the economy and ruining the game then?

I'm pretty sure the only mob drops ruining the economy are in Nirvana, collected by real people and sold to catshops that do way less than a botter yet impact the economy way more.

Im not talking about a single day here, we are talking about bots that are going on for days at a time non stop, that is what im upset about. I understand that there are bots in every game but to allow them to go on to that extent is trumping the 'daily-at-the keyboard-grinders'.

If the same amount of work is involved and it does not go against game rules there is no problem. In reality, not everyone on this game can physically stay grinding for 5 days straight, and if there are those that can, well they are beyond superhuman or dying slowly from the lack of sleep. I highly doubt that there are more people on for 5 days straight then bots on for 5 days straight. Bot=efficiency: no bathroom breaks, no eating, no sleeping no effort for the same effect and therefore no deterrence on not grinding like a non botter who is most likely going to take those breaks, time=money.

And the bottom line is this, I expect to see a bot somewhere at some point in my game time, but what I don't expect to see is after a report to see the same bot the next day, the day after, the day after that, then the next day after that etc. If that is happening on a regular basis on a larger scale under the radar, don't be surprised when you see a PWI announcement that to combat the botting problem they enacted a new 'solution' again.

If you don't see a problem with any of this that's fine, but others do, and that's what this thread has turned into.

EDIT: Cash shopping problem is only going to get worse when it gets too expensive to grind and play for free. Its a double edged sword and theres no need to make it worse by breaking game rules.

Botting is not allowed in game simple as that. If it goes unpunished and undeterred it will only get worse. We might as well defend the speed and damage hacks and all the exploits on top of that.
  • atonity
    atonity Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    I just don`t understand - why it`s so bothering you?
    Bot , and?
    I can tell you another exampels of terms breaking - one of it - i was killed in 29 - for the qustion why?- i was given an answer- ban time - 1 week - after it no one cares about pk...
    Another- autochat in arhosaur by catshops. And - everyone in ban?
    I don`t understand - bots are interfere you? Normal bots standing in places where they will be hard to found- so they bo not contact with other players. Or you have only one point - find`em, find`em,FIND`EM! BAN THAT ****!!!
    is that so?
    Before maint there was a bot on resourse on farewell plain - and it bring me some discomfort game - but i passed the time i need t3 resourse -and i forget about it - i think such botting is really annoyng. But that bot was flying for month , or maybe till now, i don`t know - i dn`t care.
    And do not forget - not everyone have capabilities to donate. But everyone wants to play- in my opinion if bot does`nt interrupt your game - pass it. I know only one kind of mobs that resps only in one placeon a map, all other have 2 -30 places of resp, and you know, i have never such situation that i cant complite mob ques cos of bots, that farming them.
    PS: I think most of you never played on rus oficial servers where there isn`t one , ore two , three bots - there hords of them- there botting is a problem - but not here.
  • cjytopher
    edited March 2012
    atonity wrote: »
    I just don`t understand - why it`s so bothering you?
    Bot , and?
    I can tell you another exampels of terms breaking - one of it - i was killed in 29 - for the qustion why?- i was given an answer- ban time - 1 week - after it no one cares about pk...
    Another- autochat in arhosaur by catshops. And - everyone in ban?
    I don`t understand - bots are interfere you? Normal bots standing in places where they will be hard to found- so they bo not contact with other players. Or you have only one point - find`em, find`em,FIND`EM! BAN THAT ****!!!
    is that so?
    Before maint there was a bot on resourse on farewell plain - and it bring me some discomfort game - but i passed the time i need t3 resourse -and i forget about it - i think such botting is really annoyng. But that bot was flying for month , or maybe till now, i don`t know - i dn`t care.
    And do not forget - not everyone have capabilities to donate. But everyone wants to play- in my opinion if bot does`nt interrupt your game - pass it. I know only one kind of mobs that resps only in one placeon a map, all other have 2 -30 places of resp, and you know, i have never such situation that i cant complite mob ques cos of bots, that farming them.
    PS: I think most of you never played on rus oficial servers where there isn`t one , ore two , three bots - there hords of them- there botting is a problem - but not here.

So you find it find the russian servers have gotten that way? That is logical to you that it should go down the same route here? Well thank you for pointing out the consequences of un touched bots and no deterrence for doing it. The attitudes of 'I don't care' is when pwi starts going 'why should we'. If you don`t get why I think im upset for gm inaction then you don`t get it. I don`t want our server turning into your bots run wild russian server.

It is the inaction of gm`s banning bots which get reported, then the actions of them changing the game in order to make up for it`, that upsets me. They made some pretty serious changes to this game for its small bot problem (luckily they changed tw back) what would they do if they had the russian games problem.`

You said that not everyone can pay so they bot.....I hope pwi realizes this and smartens up with bots.....you have said the key thing that might make them act in the long run, to protect their money.
  • CrusherJam - Dreamweaver
    CrusherJam - Dreamweaver Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    is this were i get my Jones blessing?
    19k Hp and rising my goal is 20k unbuffed (would love 25k )
  • atonity
    edited March 2012
    That is logical to you that it should go down the same route here?
    It wouldn`t.
    just one thing - here - are not donation servers,and there are no such a thinng, as 20 bots farming on one person. Here it`s easier to donate - donation have it`s benefits. For example here i can donate on Herc \ Fenix 8 dollar and on sale get ~1\10 of it , some farm - and i get it, or 80 dollars . On Ruoff server you need to donate over 150 dollars for herc- and may be you get it. PWI have flexy economy even in donation - so it never got down as ruoff.
    Bots ruin economy - are you kidding? Peope make economy and greed - not a bots. Bots were in game , they are in game , they will be in game. But. Year ago gold price was 500- 600 k. Now - 1.2kk. Bots doing this? are you kidding? People made it , not bots. Even if there are bots at the edge of the world ,farming 1kk at 24 hours, they do not interrupt your game process, they don`t make gold bets to rise and hold the gold price price . I agree in one thing - if bot is annoing you , or you cant complete quest cos bot is farming all points of resp of mobs you - then it should banned.
    For me people with ideas like - lets stop botting, bn`em all , reprt as you see it - just funny. I don`t understand - how the bot , thats on the edg ot he world, lost and damned farming some money - ruins your donation about 20- 50 dollars a week? Are you feel offensively about it? Or you cant set a bot ? Or you don`t know how to set ? Btw, you may even not donate in game. But it changes nothing. With you or without you -there will be donation kids, farming their parents wallets for game. And untill so - gms will not ban bots - game have cash. And one , two, three, hunded bots don`t changes nothing till
    thousands of peple donate money in game.
    And one more thing. About bots. as a programs. On pwi there are only 2 programs- one free one payed - so it shows that bottig here is not so popular. Or people just do not need it.
  • cjytopher
    edited March 2012
    You certainly know alot about bots and are quick to defend them. If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.......

Im not going to argue semantics with you all day. Bottom line is, bots are not supposed to be in game, I personally don`t want them making change to the game because of botting, so therefore the logic is they need to do something about bots alot quicker then 5 days later. Case closed, end of story. You want to bot, then go right ahead. This isn`t a russian server this is NA and I do not want to see bots in the game I play. I see a problem with bots, you don`t, it`s a difference of opinion and we aren`t going to change each others minds about it so give up defending them.

If the report button is there for a reason, then its going to be used, why even put it there. Im not saying I want an army of gms on 24 hours a day banning everything in sight that may be a bot, i want obvious known bots taken care of alot quicker then 5 days.
  • cjytopher
    edited March 2012
    is this were i get my Jones blessing?

Yes it is.....please place credit card info here _____________________ to redeem b:victory
  • atonity
    edited March 2012
    heh, you are a " new be " player ? You reminds me my point of view on bots when i start to play. After 2 years of game , yes, i don`t care about bots.
    And it doesn`t matter ruoff server it or not. I played on china , ru, pwi and brazil - bots are everywhere.
    Bottom line is, bots are not supposed to be in game,
    - many things are not suposed to be in game. But they are. People breaking the rules - and THEY don`t care. Example was with 29.
    And i can answer to you - button here - without any reason. IT`s f2p game - gm`s mostly offline ,cosannoyng bot flying over the month. Use customer support on site.
    And it`s even not a problem if bot is banned - one banned - new one came.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    It ain't real botting until you have entire armies going at it. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • atonity
    edited March 2012
    404 error.
  • cjytopher
    edited March 2012
    atonity wrote: »
    heh, you are a " new be " player ? You reminds me my point of view on bots when i start to play. After 2 years of game , yes, i don`t care about bots.
    And it doesn`t matter ruoff server it or not. I played on china , ru, pwi and brazil - bots are everywhere.
    - many things are not suposed to be in game. But they are. People breaking the rules - and THEY don`t care. Example was with 29.
    And i can answer to you - button here - without any reason. IT`s f2p game - gm`s mostly offline ,cosannoyng bot flying over the month. Use customer support on site.
    And it`s even not a problem if bot is banned - one banned - new one came.

Im not new to this game or MMO's in general. I started this game the first week it went open beta, played for a BM and Cleric main for a year or so and quit. This was before bh's, lucid chests, stash boxes all the level aids you get now. I quit due to the lack of level options at 80 and tired of the grind. Account was ****, somehow during that year I didn't play so I made this account because my boyfriend talked me back into the game.

This game while I had played for the first year and a half was great for no gold spam (which it still is) and no bots, so I have high expectations of this game, especially after seeing all the other options available rampant with bots and gold spammers. I saw what happened with the tw coin fiasco, I saw what happened with the coin amounts of DQ and the reasoning was bots.

When I first heard that I was kind of surprised they would enact those changes because from what I had remembered it was a very bot clean game and didn't think there was an actual bot problem like they said.
    Now I come back and see it first hand and hear other stories and it does not make any sense to me as to why there wouldn't be faster action if they say it is a problem.

Listen, im not raging about it, but I am disappointed to see negative actions affect the player base because of lack of gm's checking on their servers.

If you read the beginning of the thread you would know I took all the appropriate steps: In game report button, took multiple screenies and sent in 1 ticket. This was already 2 days after I had seen this bot. Trust me I know there are bots in every game, ive played enough of them, but I also know pwi has been very bot clean and they have made my expectations high in that regard, so I expect them to be more proactive in monitoring their servers then they are.

If other players see that bots will not be tolerated it will cause a deterrence, which means others won't waste their time on our servers, they will go to the ones that they can get away with it easily. If they are proactive or a bit quicker or harsher with bot bans then they are, then hopefully we can avoid a problem before it gets out of control.
  • Aremnese - Dreamweaver
    Aremnese - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2012

If it was somehow way more efficient than a normal player i.e. speed hacks or able to pick up all the loot in a 50 meter radius around them at the same time regardless of who it dropped for etc. then sure burn them at the stake.

I've never searched about them before, but it must be a remarkable bit of programming that can do all these things people claim they can do........

First part: Where did you hear about that 50-meter pick-up and where can i get it?

Second part: Yeah it is pretty awesome!! b:victory haha

As far as bots go I am NOT against them. If you have a tiny brain and don't think that the people that spend THOUSANDS of dollars a month on gaming have a larger affect on in-game economics then you need to wake up. Unlike some other games PW is considered a pay-to-win game and not everyone has the time to keep up with all the cash-players so they take months if not years getting their first characters to level 100 (without FCing and accounting a job and life). If you have an issue with those that have a bot getting stuff you normally have to grind twice as long for then you should complain about the ability for people to put in $100 and getting what you would have to grind for a WEEK but they get in 1 second. The way I see it is you all that do not have access to a bot are simply jealous and are incapable of putting in the time to find or create your own bot. If that's the case then look harder and pay for a good bot that will work for you. And for those that are "Goody Two Shoes" then BACK OFF and stop QQing... your voices is annoying!!b:angry

If you really wanna think about bots as a bad thing then ponder this... all those DQ items or MAT items that your buying from shops. If people DIDn't bot do you think there would be so much of that mat? Do you think that if bots were banned prices would not be higher?

SUPPLY AND DEMAND PEOPLE

Here ill draw it out for you:

more mats(w/ bots) => less demand => lower prices

Less mats(w/o bots) => more demand => higher prices

so overall bots help add a buffer (no matter how small of one) to all the cash players of this game.

And yes I "defend bots quite a bit" so no need to comment about it... it's an obvious fact
  • hobb
    hobb Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    First part: Where did you hear about that 50-meter pick-up and where can i get it?

Second part: Yeah it is pretty awesome!! b:victory haha

As far as bots go I am NOT against them. If you have a tiny brain and don't think that the people that spend THOUSANDS of dollars a month on gaming have a larger affect on in-game economics then you need to wake up. Unlike some other games PW is considered a pay-to-win game and not everyone has the time to keep up with all the cash-players so they take months if not years getting their first characters to level 100 (without FCing and accounting a job and life). If you have an issue with those that have a bot getting stuff you normally have to grind twice as long for then you should complain about the ability for people to put in $100 and getting what you would have to grind for a WEEK but they get in 1 second. The way I see it is you all that do not have access to a bot are simply jealous and are incapable of putting in the time to find or create your own bot. If that's the case then look harder and pay for a good bot that will work for you. And for those that are "Goody Two Shoes" then BACK OFF and stop QQing... your voices is annoying!!b:angry

If you really wanna think about bots as a bad thing then ponder this... all those DQ items or MAT items that your buying from shops. If people DIDn't bot do you think there would be so much of that mat? Do you think that if bots were banned prices would not be higher?

SUPPLY AND DEMAND PEOPLE

Here ill draw it out for you:

more mats(w/ bots) => less demand => lower prices

Less mats(w/o bots) => more demand => higher prices

so overall bots help add a buffer (no matter how small of one) to all the cash players of this game.

And yes I "defend bots quite a bit" so no need to comment about it... it's an obvious fact

yeah but sometimes their prices are horrible
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
This discussion has been closed.