Phoenix Valley Seal:Heaven

Options
xvokcx
xvokcx Posts: 64 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
What's the advantage of getting that from the Supply of Shroud ? I got it yesterday and it does absolutely nothing, It helps you enter PV but theres already Another item that does that that you can get daily so what's the point of this useless seal from shroud?

I wanna know so, i can move on to Corona order. Nothing good left for me in Shroud
Post edited by xvokcx on

Comments

• BladedZero - Sanctuary
    BladedZero - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Doing PV grants a pretty nice chunk of exp and for some people it's fast leveling. It's sort of like doing cube multiple times a day like some people have been doing with CoFs letters from celestial insignias.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    It allows you to do another PV run. Kinda like a CoF Secret Letter for cube. PV is a nice change up for FF for a very good amount of exp (sadly I didn't have the 100+ when I was leveling and heard it is A LOT easier then the 95+). It even gives more then exp per time than FF if you have good AoEs.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • _Nei_ - Sanctuary
    _Nei_ - Sanctuary Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    NV ticket form Shroud is 24hours timed. Normal one from the NV npc is 15mins timed.

That's the difference you are asking for.

If you are not going to spam the dungeons with more players or you are not able to solo it there is not real reason to stay in the order.
    Otherwhise you only have a 5% prestige lose as penalty when leaving the order, that actually, you can easy recover with the order badges if you wanna join it again in the future.
    [SIGPIC]C:\Users\Fatima\Pictures\neivindicatequickfix.png[/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    Options
    NV ticket form Shroud is 24hours timed. Normal one from the NV npc is 15mins timed.

That's the difference you are asking for.

If you are not going to spam the dungeons with more players or you are not able to solo it there is not real reason to stay in the order.
    Otherwhise you only have a 5% prestige lose as penalty when leaving the order, that actually, you can easy recover with the order badges if you wanna join it again in the future.

It's actually is a 24 hour item that you have 24 hours to convert into another 15 minute badge to run the instance. Not you can run the instance for 24 hours.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• xvokcx
    xvokcx Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Well it's neither of that, it's useless , It doesnt convert into nothing, and after the Normal daily run in PV , it just wont let me enter again, the Token i s in my inventory and it's just wont do anything

OH NEVER MIND! I needed to right click on the damn thing.. WELL it's says nowhere to right click on it to use so not my fault
    edited June 2012
    Options
    xvokcx wrote: »
    Well it's neither of that, it's useless , It doesnt convert into nothing, and after the Normal daily run in PV , it just wont let me enter again, the Token i s in my inventory and it's just wont do anything

OH NEVER MIND! I needed to right click on the damn thing.. WELL it's says nowhere to right click on it to use so not my fault

b:chuckle Happens
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I am wondering what is the point of this token because you can only open the PV once a day. You can enter PV, but you can only get the quest to spawn the mobs once a day on your account.

What's the point of this? I run PV daily with my friend, and it's quite annoying when we have to ask faction members to sacrifice their quest-mob-daily-spawn to spawn another run for us.

(and no, resetting the instance does nothing. You need to activate the quest from the NPC inside the PV instance to spawn the mobs, and you can only grab that quest once a day per character)
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I am wondering what is the point of this token because you can only open the PV once a day. You can enter PV, but you can only get the quest to spawn the mobs once a day on your account.

What's the point of this? I run PV daily with my friend, and it's quite annoying when we have to ask faction members to sacrifice their quest-mob-daily-spawn to spawn another run for us.

(and no, resetting the instance does nothing. You need to activate the quest from the NPC inside the PV instance to spawn the mobs, and you can only grab that quest once a day per character)

Have someone else open it for you 2 the first 2 times, then get the 24 hour item to spawn another 15 minute token which you 2 can split for 4 runs a day?
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Have someone else open it for you 2 the first 2 times, then get the 24 hour item to spawn another 15 minute token which you 2 can split for 4 runs a day?

I always feel bad asking people to sacrifice their daily things for me b:surrender

It would make more sense if we could spawn the mobs per instance for any number of times a day within the 15 minute range. You can only get so many of these tokens from the Shroud NPC before you run out, and you can only get so many runs in in 15 minutes.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I always feel bad asking people to sacrifice their daily things for me b:surrender

It would make more sense if we could spawn the mobs per instance for any number of times a day within the 15 minute range. You can only get so many of these tokens from the Shroud NPC before you run out, and you can only get so many runs in in 15 minutes.

/Shrug I can't imagine THAT many people run PV, considering in a squaded situation FF wins out in EXP for the lower geared classes. The only time PV truely outshines FF is when you solo (duo is cutting it close). I open PV for friends all the time as there is no benefit to me.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    /Shrug I can't imagine THAT many people run PV, considering in a squaded situation FF wins out in EXP for the lower geared classes. The only time PV truely outshines FF is when you solo (duo is cutting it close). I open PV for friends all the time as there is no benefit to me.

PV definitely beats out FC at 103+ easily. I'm spoiled because of that, and am not really enthusiastic about running FCs on my sin anymore.

I do 3 runs daily with a faction mate, and we each get about ~9m exp each in total in less than 15 minutes, or sometimes 4 runs when another friend of mine is on as well, which results in around 10-11m exp each in less than 15 minutes, whereas a solo FC would yield me around 3-4m exp in 25 minutes.

So even if we didn't have a 3rd opener, 6m exp in 10 minutes really does shine against FC.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    PV definitely beats out FC at 103+ easily. I'm spoiled because of that, and am not really enthusiastic about running FCs on my sin anymore.

I do 3 runs daily with a faction mate, and we each get about ~9m exp each in total in less than 15 minutes, or sometimes 4 runs when another friend of mine is on as well, which results in around 10-11m exp each in less than 15 minutes, whereas a solo FC would yield me around 3-4m exp in 25 minutes.

So even if we didn't have a 3rd opener, 6m exp in 10 minutes really does shine against FC.

Hm you must be talking about the 100+ PV then. Soloing the PV 95 back a few months ago only yielded me 4.5 mil exp solo per run. And since very few people could solo or duo it FF was still better. Surprised PV 100 gives that much EXP tbh. Sounds like something more people should do and don't know about.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Hm you must be talking about the 100+ PV then. Soloing the PV 95 back a few months ago only yielded me 4.5 mil exp solo per run. And since very few people could solo or duo it FF was still better. Surprised PV 100 gives that much EXP tbh. Sounds like something more people should do and don't know about.

Well, to run that many runs in a day requires a very tanky puller, and high DD. The mobs have more hp than the 95+ PV ones, and they hit about twice as hard. They reset a lot earlier than the 95 PV mobs, and the water doesn't help. Standing in the water sometimes creates the glitch where the game thinks you're underwater, so you'll be dealing half the damage.

The good thing is is that the immobilize mobs in PV100+ don't freeze as often as the PV95 ones do.

It's not really THAT much more exp. It's 6m exp solo, but you'll probably be doing 1 run solo due to how hard the mobs hit. The main candy of PV100+ is the boss. After he dies roughly 10-12 little frog mobs spawn that are basically the "heads" of PV. Solo they yield about 115k exp each hypered.
  • I_willscrewU - Sanctuary
    I_willscrewU - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    are you sure of this? ''115k hypered'' because apparently i only get about 30k for each frog hypered , im 104 but if they give 115k for you dont think should be that big of a gap or is it
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    are you sure of this? ''115k hypered'' because apparently i only get about 30k for each frog hypered , im 104 but if they give 115k for you dont think should be that big of a gap or is it

115 is most likely wrong. It's probably in the range of 60-70k. I just logic'd that since I get 57.4k exp per frog when duoing with a friend, I just assumed 115k would be solo. xD
  • I_willscrewU - Sanctuary
    I_willscrewU - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    oh.. allrighty b:bye
  • LividLemur - Dreamweaver
    LividLemur - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    So, with this token can you "solo" PV twice in the same day? ie once you go into PV the second time you can talk to/activate the NPC? Or do you still need someone else in party to talk to the NPC for you the second time..

b:surrender
    edited June 2012
    Options
    So, with this token can you "solo" PV twice in the same day? ie once you go into PV the second time you can talk to/activate the NPC? Or do you still need someone else in party to talk to the NPC for you the second time..

b:surrender

You can only personally yourself activate the quest yourself once a day. I would usually have another person open it the 2nd time for me. Now that you could theoretically do it 4 times a day. You need 3 people willing to sacrifice their PV for you (which many don't do it anyways so shouldn't be too hard. Hell you could probably start an "opener" thing like people do for nirvana. 50~100k per opener. That's just me.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Wasn't there also some item you could get to that allowed you to start a 2nd PV, kind of like the CoF letter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Wasn't there also some item you could get to that allowed you to start a 2nd PV, kind of like the CoF letter

That's what OP is talking about, however when you're inside the NPC that you talk to to spawn all of the mobs only allows the quest once per character per 24 hours(server reset 24hours not a full 24 hour like hypers or WB).
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• LividLemur - Dreamweaver
    LividLemur - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    You can only personally yourself activate the quest yourself once a day. I would usually have another person open it the 2nd time for me. Now that you could theoretically do it 4 times a day. You need 3 people willing to sacrifice their PV for you (which many don't do it anyways so shouldn't be too hard. Hell you could probably start an "opener" thing like people do for nirvana. 50~100k per opener. That's just me.

b:victory