Sin question

GypsyXLVII - Heavens Tear
GypsyXLVII - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Assassin
Hey I was thinking about making an alt sin, but i dont want to go for aps..is skill spamming as a sage sin viable or is it completely outclassed by aps that its gimp
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by GypsyXLVII - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Why don't u combine both ??? it's not like assassins are restricted to use their skills with APS gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • GypsyXLVII - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    Well i dont know much about sins, so im hoping an experienced one can explain the best way to be a skill spammer at high levels or if its viable
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BladedZero - Sanctuary
    BladedZero - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I've found spamming skills is very effective in the early levels, however after a few levels it starts dropping off hard. However I don't think you can ignore your skills either, I think most of sin skills support the autoattack playstyle of a sin. Even though I have a 5.0 sin as of today I still find myself using skills inbetween my autoattacks.
    edited June 2012
    So can any other sins offer their opinions?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    while i havent done the calculations i think that it's highly unlikely that a skill macro on sin would have comparable dps with an aps sin, especially if the fight lasts for a long time (cause then you wouldnt be able to perma-spark with skill spamming).

it also depends on what gear you plan to get; full r9rr would probably give a ton of attack levels that might close the gap; i remember that for my psy i had calculated that full r9+12 would have dps similar to 5aps deicide+5 bm or something like that. ofc, the point of such a build is... dunnno XD
    you only purge once #yopo
  • sutrixx
    sutrixx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I havent done the math on it either.. but its pretty noticable when I am alongside sins that spam skills... even a few once in awhile.. I hold aggro and deal alot more damage. My sin in 5aps with demon spark atm. I will use skills as apropriate, but if you want to tank stuff you need the aps to heal yourself. I am a pve sin and really not interested in pvp atm. Maybe we could hear from some pvp sins regarding spaming skills.. seems to me that would be where you would use that tactic more.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    3 weeks after the new BH 100 bosses: sins are still derp apsing while the bosses are buffed when they should be skill spamming. I rarely see one of those ~5k hp with extremely low defense sins EVER use Subsea on a boss they can't tank. Don't believe the **** about Demon sins having more survival: Sage can do 5.0 also: and they still have more def when not being able to hit (real survival).

If you aren't going for -int: Don't make a sin. A Mystic could solo more a lot cheaper, and can be more useful / profitable.
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for the replies, guess ill just go for aps in pve and leave skill spamming for pvping if i do b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for the replies, guess ill just go for aps in pve and leave skill spamming for pvping if i do b:surrender

I may have a vid of skill spam pvp soon
    edited June 2012
    Ill watch out for that then
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2012

When you make your sin you'll be surprised how squishy they really are, especially if you're not used to melee. The sins that are tanking your BHs are losing a ton more hp than if a barb was doing it, luckily they're gaining a ton more hp from bloodpaint and their damage output to counter that.

If you are spamming skills you'll have only a fraction of the damage output a decent aps sin has. You might be hitting twice as hard per hit unsparked, but they're hitting 5-10 times more often and staying triple sparked so they're auto attack is probably going to be harder than your skill attack also. You'd be doing ... 1/8 (guess) the amount of damage by using skills instead of auto attacking at high aps and that means 1/8th the amount of bloodpaint back. Use skills when appropriate, and as a sin you'll learn when that is.

Skill spamming vs aps is a viable choice in pvp though. *Skills tend to be more useful and can be combined with chill of the deep for charm bipassing or major damage.

thumbs, this thread isn't about sins not knowing how to play their class. Aps sins have the same opportunities to use skills as skill based sins, just not always the other way around. In fact, equipping a bow and auto attacking while triple sparked on the Seat boss does around the same amount of DD as skill spamming, perhaps more. You just have to go in to rib strike and RDS the boss for chi so may as well sit there and use skills. In fact, being able to get 11 attacks in in the same time I could do one Rib Strike aps still gives me better DD (about 800 per hit x 11, vs. about 6k with rib strike) but I don't want aggro because tanking on that low of bloodpaint heals is rough and my skill effects are more valuable, specially if I can amp the casters with a Subsea.

And the Aba boss isn't a "skills only, no aps" boss. He heals based on your damage and skill damage is poorer so he heals less, but its smarter to just stop attacking all together so he doesn't heal at all, and then use your skills for the effects. When you see his buff go on Rib Strike, stop attacking for about 3 seconds, RDS, Triple Spark, Inner Harmony, Subsea, and then the buff should be gone and you can aps the boss with Subsea and Rib strike on. Seeing sins use Twin Strike and Slipstream on this boss is about as stoopid as seeing them apsing, just for different reasons.

Here are some good examples of the power of skill+chill based pvp potential
    +12 Sin in pk.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory