G15 Morai weapon

Options
Ninuska - Lost City
Ninuska - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Cleric
As the title says, I kinda want to know more about this weapon (the Shroud 5k prestige one).
I've been thinking of getting it for my cleric, cause it's a bit annoying to pve on ep. I don't have r8 on cleric and not planning to get it, so this seemed to be a good option.
So, anyone can confirm if it's a cool weapon? I mean to use it to pve only, got 1st cast nv sword for healing.
Ty b:cute
And if there already is a thread about this, I was lazy to look first b:shutup
Post edited by Ninuska - Lost City on

Comments

• Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    The bow is great... I know nothing about the G15 Magic weapon :(

b:surrender
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Keep in mind that slaying levels don't benefit heals at all. The base damage on the G15 morai weap is pretty low so it won't be good for heals unless you put a high refine on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    As the title says, I kinda want to know more about this weapon (the Shroud 5k prestige one).
    I've been thinking of getting it for my cleric, cause it's a bit annoying to pve on ep. I don't have r8 on cleric and not planning to get it, so this seemed to be a good option.
    So, anyone can confirm if it's a cool weapon? I mean to use it to pve only, got 1st cast nv sword for healing.
    Ty b:cute
    And if there already is a thread about this, I was lazy to look first b:shutup

Its actually similar to TT99, so if you already have TT99 i'll say to maybe think to farm R8 or use the money for something else.

G15: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/33533
    TT99: http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/14922 and http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14920

so you can compare yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    It's a perfect excuse to dd and not heal. Unlike those r9 noobs that refuse to heal no matter what.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    If it was account stash-able for 3+ other toons; maybe (it isn't). My cleric has +10 2nd stage Nirvana weap and Sage IH and I'd still like more healing power. My weapon is account stash able and any refines (cost more than weapons) apply to all 3 toons (maybe more someday). -All my casters are pure btw.

The PvE weapons is a nice gimmick to sell more dragon orbs. -Anyone notice how there hasn't been a decent sale on them in a long time?

Before the PvE weapons; I despised vit clerics in RB. Now that they can use these Morai weapons too? - I might just start kicking them to find another. If you don't want to be a great healer, then why not role another class like Wiz or Psy? -You just might then find out why we don't like under geared / poorly statted clerics.
  • Ninuska - Lost City
    Ninuska - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies =]
    As for low heals and crappy gear, that's not my ep's case. Been using NV armor on it and 1st cast NV weapon for heals (got almost all sage skills, all of the heals). I'm just not really willing to spend 200m on 2nd cast, when its like 2/3 of r9 ring for my archer :<
    I was just wondering, if the slaying level would be any useful in pve. Cause the Leaf of Buddha: Nirvana only adds vit/pdef/reduces damage, which is cool if I have to stand aoes, but not so much if I have to kill ^^ (not pvp, I'm a carebear)
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies =]
    As for low heals and crappy gear, that's not my ep's case. Been using NV armor on it and 1st cast NV weapon for heals (got almost all sage skills, all of the heals). I'm just not really willing to spend 200m on 2nd cast, when its like 2/3 of r9 ring for my archer :<
    I was just wondering, if the slaying level would be any useful in pve. Cause the Leaf of Buddha: Nirvana only adds vit/pdef/reduces damage, which is cool if I have to stand aoes, but not so much if I have to kill ^^ (not pvp, I'm a carebear)

I can't really tell you for PvE cause my cleric is pure magic R8+7 with gem and i use demon spirit.

The PvE where a cleric need to DD is rare so its up to you if you want to put money on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Chelestine - Heavens Tear
    Chelestine - Heavens Tear Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    The g15 Morai weapon is on par with rank 8 because of it's 60 slaying levels. This brings it's otherwise low attack right up to the Wheel of Light. It refines identically with the Wheel too, so if you're only going to use it for PvE, then I'd say get the Morai weapon 100% and upgrade to maybe +5. That way you don't end up spending more than necessary and will still do perfectly good damage, and the differences between that and rank 8 will not be that insanely huge that you will feel the need to spend over 70m more just for the weapon.

The sole reason you hardly see any clerics with it is because of the heals, so don't think it's a bad weapon because of that. I've seen plenty of venos and mages use it at 100+ successfully.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Find me at ♡ Chel's Creative Corner ♡ of the screenshot section! :3

pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1607021
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I was wondering exactly how much healing power you would lose from a G15 morai weapon, I came up with these results:

-Using a G15 Morai weapon instead of a TT99 gold glaive will make your heals 19.3% lower.
    -Using a G15 Morai weapon instead of R8 will make your heals 37% lower.

This is all at +5 refines (and appropriate rings and sockets) and level 10 IH.

Will this make you unable to heal effectively?
    I don't think so, apart from some instances like nirvana and warsong. In BH it should still be fine, and you can help DD a little bit with it (most people seem to think it's equal to R8, but it's actually significantly stronger).

My suggestion? Get the G15 and put it on your hotbar with your nirvana weapon. Switching weapons only takes a split second and you can even do it while casting skills, so getting the best of both worlds really shouldn't be a problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    Options
    @ Nowitsawn: She was asking purely in PvE respect, not for healing, as has already got a solution to that, as you can see in the first comment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    @ Nowitsawn: She was asking purely in PvE respect, not for healing, as has already got a solution to that, as you can see in the first comment.

I can read, thank you very much.

Several people in this thread already mentioned the healing aspect of the weapon, so I wanted to point out how much healing power you really lose by switching to a G15 Morai weapon.

And I answered the OP's question which you so conveniently quoted anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    Options
    No need to take a tone about it, I was simply stating it since so many people were mentioning healing when the person in question isn't interested in the healing aspect. Some tend to just read the last few comments and carry on the conversation on from there.

The stats you posted are good though, clearly states the reduced healing which so many people still seem to forget about. The amount of 100+ clerics I've seen using the 95 Morai weapon in bh100 when healing is mind-blowing...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]