Mounts to be allowed in instances

uncleblademaster
uncleblademaster Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Suggestion Box
I know many other people hate having to rely on Holy Path, movement buffs from apothecary and movement skills to move faster in instances.

Players shouldn't have to spend minutes running down these long halls, let players use Mounts in instances so everyone can get around faster.
Post edited by uncleblademaster on

Comments

• Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Sounds like a good idea XD
  • Barb//ired - Harshlands6
    Barb//ired - Harshlands6 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    But I don't have a mount D: So i guess im ****ed
  • Nedira - Dreamweaver
    Nedira - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    But I don't have a mount D: So i guess im ****ed
    You can shapeshift into a mount of sorts, IJS. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    No, no and no.

Most monsters in the game do not run fast enough for them to keep aggroing you while you're on a mount. What this would result in is people being able to ride on their mounts from the start of an instance to the very end and pretty much skip all the mobs. Heck, if they were Assassins or Archers, they could use Shadow Escape or Ataraxia to literally do this.

And we really do not need people doing that.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Kill counts, anyone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    No, no and no.

Most monsters in the game do not run fast enough for them to keep aggroing you while you're on a mount. What this would result in is people being able to ride on their mounts from the start of an instance to the very end and pretty much skip all the mobs. Heck, if they were Assassins or Archers, they could use Shadow Escape or Ataraxia to literally do this.

They'd have to both survive the trip and the dismount. Plus with that many mobs odds are the player would get knocked off en-route even with a mount at max loyalty (and odds go up for those who don't feed their mounts or let them starve). What you're describing isn't something that people could do as easily as you make it sound. Assuming you have decent gear, try running through various instances with maze steps/windpush, holy paths, and speed apoth rotating for as long as you can but without nerves, tidal, or focused mind. Then wait a couple of seconds when they all run out letting mobs whack at you before finally using stealth. That would give you a fairly good example of what it would be like for those who have decent gear.... and then you'd have to consider differences in gear, class, the fact that you CAN'T use survival skills (or skills at all) on a mount, etc. Oh and stuff like people with slower mounts (or lacking them) having mobs reset into them.

Mind you I don't support this idea either... however the scenario you describe really wouldn't be accessable for a vast majority. Especially in dungeons with mobs that tend to freeze/stun/slow/seal/etc, mobs that actually hit fairly hard (relatively speaking), areas where you have to worry about control with drops and the like, and so on and so forth.... and then there's places with kill counts or where you have need to kill mobs in order to deal with bosses of whatever sort.
  • ammieee
    ammieee Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Also, they should allow fly in instances too. This way we can see our teamers flyers and mounts...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]