New Server [ West Coast ]

raymansk
raymansk Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Suggestion Box
Good Morning, Good Day

I start to write about : My playing Perfect World
I love this MMO:RPG it has a good environment, quests (sometimes hard), but for new players occurs problem, they reluctant to invest to game, reason: Old players have large levels,a lot of money,...Newbie dont worth to buy golds. But many people says: I would have bought golds, when will do new server, is a new opportunity for me.

Why new server in West?
-many people
-many people with money xD

pros
-Opportunity for newbie
-Difficult start (and it is interesting)

cons
-At the beginning possible load for VPS ( ? )
Post edited by raymansk on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Don't copy paste from somewhere, forums dislike certain characters, like apostrophes.

As for the idea, we got 4 west coast servers. Why would we need another? THey aren't even full as it is now.

Seriously people, run a freaking search. This has been posted like 5k times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • raymansk
    edited June 2012
    I edited my first post

But why does not do a new server? Many MMO games have a lot of servers.

You do not understand, you have lvl 101, new server is not your problem.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Why would they start a new server if the current ones are not even full? It's not like hosting a server is free...

As for the argument it's easier to start for new people: No. The same people would join, spend a lot and the economy would soon equal the economy of the older servers. With less people, less supply of goods and even higher prices.

Look at the newer severs we got. Like the EU ones or RT. Population there sucks compared to old ones like Sanc or HT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If they did anything, they should merge servers.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    As we've seen with all the newer servers (Archosaur, Raging Tides, Lothranis, Momaganon), it just doesn't work that way.

Since all the servers get the same sales, it means that the new servers have instant access to Tokens of Luck, which means they have instant access to Hypers, Oracles and high level gear. Also, due to the reputation being in the boutique just about permanently, this means that Rank 8 is also available instantly.

And from what we've seen, PWE seems to like to promote actions like this with hyper sales or pack sales coinciding with the launch of new servers.

The end result is a server that has all the cash shoppable stuff in circulation, but lacks TT mats, molds, population and coins. Not having TTs means the gear will be expensive and the useful materials will be rare and expensive. Not having molds means levels between 30 and 80ish will be rather tougher as well. Also due to the biggest coin inflator being packs, this would mean that the biggest influence on the market would lie on the cash shoppers, of whom many are invested in TW.

So essentially a new server isn't going to work too well unless you give them different sales.

What you don't seem to understand is that a person could easily charge 50$ and get 100 packs. With that, at worst they're looking at 1,500 tokens, which can be translated into 37 hours of x12 experience. Even with just regular grinding, that'll easily get them quite far in the first week or so. And once they get to 30, they'd get the option of using Oracles instead, further speeding up the process. And that's still the worst case scenario. That same person could also get a readily made level 85 or 95 weapon plus tens of millions of coin to keep them in good wealth until they get that far. Oh and this isn't something that a single person or a dozen would do, it'd probably be over hundred people.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    As we've seen with all the newer servers (Archosaur, Raging Tides, Lothranis, Momaganon), it just doesn't work that way.

Since all the servers get the same sales, it means that the new servers have instant access to Tokens of Luck, which means they have instant access to Hypers, Oracles and high level gear. Also, due to the reputation being in the boutique just about permanently, this means that Rank 8 is also available instantly.

And from what we've seen, PWE seems to like to promote actions like this with hyper sales or pack sales coinciding with the launch of new servers.

The end result is a server that has all the cash shoppable stuff in circulation, but lacks TT mats, molds, population and coins. Not having TTs means the gear will be expensive and the useful materials will be rare and expensive. Not having molds means levels between 30 and 80ish will be rather tougher as well. Also due to the biggest coin inflator being packs, this would mean that the biggest influence on the market would lie on the cash shoppers, of whom many are invested in TW.

So essentially a new server isn't going to work too well unless you give them different sales.

What you don't seem to understand is that a person could easily charge 50$ and get 100 packs. With that, at worst they're looking at 1,500 tokens, which can be translated into 37 hours of x12 experience. Even with just regular grinding, that'll easily get them quite far in the first week or so. And once they get to 30, they'd get the option of using Oracles instead, further speeding up the process. And that's still the worst case scenario. That same person could also get a readily made level 85 or 95 weapon plus tens of millions of coin to keep them in good wealth until they get that far. Oh and this isn't something that a single person or a dozen would do, it'd probably be over hundred people.

Next time they open a new server they should go a few weeks without packs like they did that one time when everyone QQed about token prices. Also shouldn't put rep on sale. Of course there are those that would probably just buy the hypers directly from the boutique. But i'd like to think that wouldn't be the majority. Personally though I suspect they'll merge a server before they open any new ones. This game isn't dead but it is an old game and probably over the hill as far economic life cycles go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Born_Again_ - Sanctuary
    Born_Again_ - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The first server that is needed is an European english server.

It is not much fun to play in EU and get system messages in french or german.

And no, playing on east/west coast servers is not an option. The ping/latency is too high.
    b:heart C. G. C. b:heart
    - a guild/faction on many servers, where ethics and behaviour actually matters and makes a differense

b:pleased

facebook.com/group.php?gid=22920649068
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=348361
  • raymansk
    edited June 2012
    http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=16061

March 16, 2010... Needs to comment?^^ Last created server in 2010? This tells us that it isnt really good MMO, as claimed.

Are you trying to get people to play PWI.
    With respect: but do not do anything. Only events for wealthy players. Im Europan, 27Euro for 30gold is much for me and i think for everything. New server is a good solution to begin steady. Ok, new server, no high levels, lots of fun with killing bosses.

If you choose to play without money and every 5 levels open box, with surprise you finished at level 50 and you must buy Perfect Iron Hammer(:D), its fun or wtf. I do not, trying to pull money from players??

If you want people to play in private servers easy to achieve this...
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    There are no plans on adding a new server at the time being. As a matter of fact, it's the last thing that this game needs right now.
This discussion has been closed.