any1 agree with this?

Options
asaelg
asaelg Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Seeker
hi all ty for see my opinion. I think the seekers still need skills or at least let us use the fist. we r good fighting againts bms , barbs and sins (not at all) i think we missing something with how we use the sword ( i want to see Blade Fervor sage or demon versionor how do we survive fighting magic class like the psy , the seekers has no chance , They got that buff to resist phy atk hits and what a seeker is supost to do , magic atks???? . By the time u try it u already death GOD i've benn duelling all classes and that s the only 1 havent fignd a way to beat them WTF that s a headache for meb:surrenderb:angry
Post edited by asaelg on

Comments

• Notso - Raging Tide
    Notso - Raging Tide Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    asaelg wrote: »
    WTF that s a headache for meb:surrenderb:angry

Your English makes me feel the same way b:shutup

But I agree. I haven't yet killed a magic class in a duel b:chuckle Maybe that's just me being bad though b:pleased
  • bennymars
    bennymars Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    we seeker can still boost our attack speed by equipping items with -interval between attack and by choosing the 1 hand sword with more than 1.11 atk speed.

fighting pys is very tough because of their skill that made them immune to pysical attacks in a few seconds. one of the ways to counter that is to use crowd control skills to hold them for a while until that physical immunity wears off. So that means we need to rely on the crowd control skills of our genie because we seekers do not have sufficient and reliable crowd control skills. but void step is still a good one.

we seekers are also have magic attacks (physical attack based but in metal damage). like heart seeker, battousai and specially the edge blur. So its good to use these skills while they are in the physical immunity mode. paralysis from the heart seeker plus the edge blur is a good combo too.
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    They got that buff to resist phy atk hits and what a seeker is supost to do , magic atks????

Blade Affinity --> Ion Spike ---> Edged Blur --> Heartseeker --> Battousai, is your friend...
    When you do a "magic atk" combo, I recommend using Ion Spike first for the metal resistance debuff, so your following skills hit harder.
  • Galeheart - Heavens Tear
    Galeheart - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Triple-sparking edged blur is always fun as well (with Cloud Eruption), I've done 2.2k on a R9 BM (not sure he was mag marrowed) per hit with it, part of being a good seeker is being creative with your skills, like the combo Asthariel posted. I think we're fine as a class, and we shouldn't be given fists, or else we'll devolve into another APS-oriented class. I already hurt inside whenever I see a seeker wearing the standard 5.0 gear setup...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bennymars
    bennymars Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Blade Affinity --> Ion Spike ---> Edged Blur --> Heartseeker --> Battousai, is your friend...
    When you do a "magic atk" combo, I recommend using Ion Spike first for the metal resistance debuff, so your following skills hit harder.

its good if you use the heartseeker first before edge blur so the enemy can't run (if inflicted by paralysis)while you are using edge blur.

with same gears and same level end game. we can't exchange attacks with them at long range because they deal more damage than seekers. thats why edge blur is a must. we need to paralyze them first to make sure they eat the whole edge blur.
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I accidentally my seeker so I cant skill anymore.
    Can help me fix it?
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    voidstep__>Vortex =game over.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

Yeah, specially since the OP was talking about killing a psy while they have Psychic Will on... yeah, definitely gonna pwn them b:sweat
    Even out of Psychic Will, just don't expect to be able to hold vortex more than 2 secs, and that's if you even manage to cast it. Yeah, Voidstep, ofc course, but unless you're R9 you won't kill a psy during the small amount of time the stun lasts. Even with R9 you know... just don't underestimate magic fishes and their damn soul of stunning <.<
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    b:surrender when a fishy psy will, either try to stun/seal the fishy during the entire psy will or just holy path away. no use taking damage when not being able to give back
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • breeeezy87
    breeeezy87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

Worst possible strategy a seeker can have vs any class. APS seeker would be the worst build you could possibly make, if you want aps make a sin.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    breeeezy87 wrote: »
    APS seeker would be the worst build you could possibly make

any actual calculations supporting this? (regarding single target dps (skill spamming vs vortex vs aps build))
    you only purge once #yopo
  • breeeezy87
    breeeezy87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    any actual calculations supporting this? (regarding single target dps (skill spamming vs vortex vs aps build))

Not sure what kind of calculations you'd like but it's simple, seeker's cant get over 2.86 aps, seeker's require magic defense since they dont have skills to reduce mag dmg, seeker's are more ranged casters than melee, seekers dont have enough disables/stuns to play melee aps style. Also from actually playing the game and watching people's builds. Every seeker that initially went aps has changed from it besides the ones who account stash their BM's gear.
  • asaelg
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Hey here a ilttle tip : first blade afinity then all those skills u guys recomended but even void step , blur , ion spike decreasin its metal def 25% and the heartseeker haha. U can kill a nob psy , not a real fighter psy. Who can beat that fish :( we just got a stun skill( not countin the sword buff to stun coz that s if u lucky) and just for 3 sec god dmn not fairb:angryb:angry
  • asaelg
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If im gonna apser seeker is if they let us use the FIST , not with a sword ,wtf i already know the seeker isnt good as an apser with swords
  • LDooMl - Harshlands
    LDooMl - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If you cannot kill on my class do not play it. You make us real seekers look horrible enough, how do you need attacks and im lvl 98 and beat some r9 sins in 1v1s? i even beat a bm with a couple of r9 parts like 4-0 one day. Either learn the class or quit and roll a sin so i can spam kill you b:bye
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If im gonna apser seeker is if they let us use the FIST , not with a sword ,wtf i already know the seeker isnt good as an apser with swords

Are you asemthewise? because your about as idiotic as he is.
  • Uhcijamadara - Dreamweaver
    Uhcijamadara - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    If you cannot kill on my class do not play it. You make us real seekers look horrible enough, how do you need attacks and im lvl 98 and beat some r9 sins in 1v1s? i even beat a bm with a couple of r9 parts like 4-0 one day. Either learn the class or quit and roll a sin so i can spam kill you b:bye

Oh wow so u can kill a r9 sin , dont make me laught what sever r u on ,crape server ? And im talking about fightin psy , not sin or bm . If u read what i have wrote u'll i said we r good fighting those classes but not the psy
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    well... regardless.... would be a nice treat to have a little more variety in weapons other than sword ;o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    breeeezy87 wrote: »
    Not sure what kind of calculations you'd like but it's simple, seeker's cant get over 2.86 aps, seeker's require magic defense since they dont have skills to reduce mag dmg, seeker's are more ranged casters than melee, seekers dont have enough disables/stuns to play melee aps style. Also from actually playing the game and watching people's builds. Every seeker that initially went aps has changed from it besides the ones who account stash their BM's gear.

clarification: i'm not talking about pvp, just pve and just boss fights: who would kill it faster, an aps seeker, a seeker spamming skills or a seeker vortexing?

i have done some calc a year ago that resulted to vortex>aps>skill spamming; cannot remember what gear i used but i should probably try again with full r9 for vortex/skill
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Instanced - Lothranis
    Instanced - Lothranis Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    i have done some calc a year ago that resulted to vortex>aps>skill spamming; cannot remember what gear i used but i should probably try again with full r9 for vortex/skill

Avg weapon damage with R9 build like this is 12 837.5. So with level 11 vortex over 15 seconds...
    (15/1.5)*(12 837.5+8300)*(2.28 - Att level)*(1.27*2 - crit rate)=1224114.9

Now with this APS build (unsparked):
    (15*2.22*13086)*(1.59)*(1.2*2)=1662874.611

Even between these two APS is the clear winner. But when we spark the APS build...
    (15*2.86*27668.5)*(1.59)*(1.2*2)=4529510.528

As you can see, even with an usparked APS build, its DoT is superior. However we mustn't forget that over longer time periods, the APS build will have to respark (and possible build up chi, I'm not sure if 42.9 attacks during the spark period will get him 3 sparks again), all of which takes time, but this probably won't make his damage lower than vortex's.

======================

Figured I'd do recast for the lulz

Came out with 1316471.058.

======================

EDIT 2: Corrected my maths... Massive difference!

======================

If anybody can see a flaw in maths with APS, please tell me, because I'm horrified by what I found. b:cryb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ☆Emerald Soulsphere. Because that's how I roll.
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Oh wow so u can kill a r9 sin , dont make me laught what sever r u on ,crape server ? And im talking about fightin psy , not sin or bm . If u read what i have wrote u'll i said we r good fighting those classes but not the psy
    lol doom is a way better seeker than you will ever be
  • Uhcijamadara - Dreamweaver
    Uhcijamadara - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Tyvm for all ur work but i still thinking seeker need more skills . Would be nice Blade Fervor sage or demon version . Sage version 1%crit + atk lvl 5 or ( -3 channeling) + def lvl 2 . Demon version 3% crit + 3atk lvl + 1 def lvl and 2% atk speed ( in case there is an apser seeker ) there re some. Im happy they gave us a skill to detec sin :) the only class made just to kick that fish's butt ( after get r8 or r9) . If i see a sin goin into stealhmode lol idk, i dont think all of them know that secret lol b:laugh anyways. Hmmm what about a skill for lvl 49 or 59 , a range magic skill making the mobs slow and increasing our threatment lvl
  • $oul_Reaver - Archosaur
    $oul_Reaver - Archosaur Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    LOL since when do seekers need aps. Meanwhile you need to have at least some skill when fighting a good psychic that knows what he/she is doing. although yes,psychic's can be a pain because they have reliable control skills,they can be easily dealt with by using sage unfetter to be immune to stuns whilst using resistant pots or absolute domain or something lol. furthermore, when a psychic is in white voodoo just loiter around with them. try and trick them and from then whilst they are in black voodoo that is the death zone 4 them. especially fighting a seeker.
  • _eVeReL_ - Sanctuary
    _eVeReL_ - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    +1 Reaver, ditch the energetic robe ang get a channeling one then u can pop off tht gemini faster,

tip:if ur fighting a psy try using the 80 morai skill, it may break through psy will since it cut through a cleric's plume shell
    I crack myself up!! b:laugh b:chuckle b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the first one.
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    This be the reason why this guy is so smart!! b:surrender
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    hi all ty for see my opinion. I think the seekers still need skills or at least let us use the fist. we r good fighting againts bms , barbs and sins (not at all) i think we missing something with how we use the sword ( i want to see Blade Fervor sage or demon versionor how do we survive fighting magic class like the psy , the seekers has no chance , They got that buff to resist phy atk hits and what a seeker is supost to do , magic atks???? . By the time u try it u already death GOD i've benn duelling all classes and that s the only 1 havent fignd a way to beat them WTF that s a headache for meb:surrenderb:angry

If they're in white voodoo when they Psy Will, just use battousai and heartseeker, then wait it out. They can't hurt you much.

If they switch to black voodoo voidstep them before they vector, wait until near the end of voidstep stun, and then QPQ. (I hope you're sage) That completely wastes it.

If you're fighting the kind of Psy who doesn't like to leave white voodoo unless they land a reliable stun, then just wait for them to cast BoL and then summon pets. DoTs ignore defense levels. Add a good amount of skill spamming to that and you'll most likely end up killing them in white.

Save all genie energy for the "osh-" moments; don't use it otherwise.
    Don't waste voidstep.

Fighting Psys really isn't all that hard; definitely easier than fighting Wizards at endgame.

Edit: To the poster above me.. Do NOT use pet DoT on Psy Will. It will resist both the physical and metal aspect of it.
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

Could swap out Edged Blur for Gemini Slash.
    Lonely man with a big heart.