Wizard Frostblade buff

Options
Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
Heya dear PWI people,
I have a question to ask about the wizard frostbalde buff, i want to know if the buff make a difference on psy attacks, i asked many psy if that change their damage and :
33.3% answer me yes
33.3% answer me no
33.3% answer me they dont even know

So i think a lot of psy dont know what the buff do and just say yes cause its a water buff.
Ill would like to know on which class that work and which class that dont.

P.s: Pls dont move the thread in wizard section i put in general so all class can answer me and not just psy cause they apparently have no idea.

Description of the skill-->Place an icy sheen on a squad member's weapon, causing
their normal attacks to deal extra Water damage equal to
30% of your base magic attack. Lasts 15 minutes.

I personnally think the skill dont add water damage on water skills, so i think psy saying that add damage on their water attack skills have just no clue what frostblade do.

Thank you to answer me.

b:cute
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
Post edited by Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands on

Comments

• Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Doesn't add anything to spells.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    edited April 2012
    Options

So that make no difference on psy attack?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Description of the skill-->Place an icy sheen on a squad member's weapon, causing

Normal attacks = auto attack. If you ain't beatin' on stuff without usin' no skills, it don' do a damned thang.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Unless the psychic is wacking (auto attacking) the target with its soulsphere, no.
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    useless to all classes but aps users and archers. Its like sins thorn or archers blazing arrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Here is the official answer to your question.

Frostblade adds magic damage to meele attacks same as sharding elemental gems to weps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Thank you all for the answer, its what i though. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    PheosNyx - Sanctuary Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    This may be a necro, but frostblade adds damage to my skills on bm. I know this because when I heavens flame phys immune mobs with frostblade I deal a small amount of damage, so it does work with phys skills, not just aps.
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
  • ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear
    ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Yeah, that's the difference between frost blade/cast-able element buffs on weapons and elemental shards.
    For example sharding 2 elemental shards in a weapon won't deal any damage to phys immune mobs if you use skills, but it will if you use attacks.
    Getting frost blade or using the BM 2 spark fist skill or that sin skill that gives water damage buff will allow you to do damage with skills as well as regular attacks on a phys immune mob.
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    So that make no difference on psy attack?

Yes. I got the sage lvl 11 buff which is suppose to be the best.
    Sins and BMs can aps phy immune mobs/bosses with it so it does add attack power.

When combined with the wizard spell that lowers mag def it is quite effective when a whole aps crew of sins/BM have the buff. It makes the ? bosses go down noticeably faster in NV and HH.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Kinda off topic but that buff its pretty useful in And. Endless Universe at Physical Immune boss,makes other class be able to cast stun on it(Yeah yeah ofc Sin could use C.Thorn BMs could use that Fist 59 skill etc etc.)
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

^ This

LVL10 Frostblade:
    Place an icy sheen on a squad member's weapon, causing

Even the description says so, even though it is inaccurate about increasing water damage to normal attacks equal to your OWN base magic attack.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Heya dear PWI people,
    I have a question to ask about the wizard frostbalde buff, i want to know if the buff make a difference on psy attacks, i asked many psy if that change their damage and :
    33.3% answer me yes
    33.3% answer me no
    33.3% answer me they dont even know

So i think a lot of psy dont know what the buff do and just say yes cause its a water buff.
    Ill would like to know on which class that work and which class that dont.

P.s: Pls dont move the thread in wizard section i put in general so all class can answer me and not just psy cause they apparently have no idea.

I personnally think the skill dont add water damage on water skills, so i think psy saying that add damage on their water attack skills have just no clue what frostblade do.

Thank you to answer me.

b:cute

if people before me have not made it clear, i will try to help by saying that the buff only affects normal attacks. that means if you swing your weapon at the enemy autoattackingly (new word on its way :P) then the buff (as well as any apoth/buff/shard that adds elemental damage to weapon) will take effect. if you do anything that involves channeling something, then the buff is not added.

so if ur a psy, unless you wack the enemy with the soulsphere (in RL, a crystal ball to the head would kinda leave a mark ijs) that buff wont do jack shat for you.
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Lol necro, but i got the answer i posted that which mean couple months ago, i dunno why some people go read thread which was made long time go and was probably at page 148.

And if you all read the first post, i asked the buff on psychic, but yea some people don't read post and reply about something else...

You are late of 2 months but thx.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]