Infinite weapon effect

Options
Nut - Lothranis
Nut - Lothranis Posts: 49 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
Just wanted to know some info on this effect if anyone knows. What I would like to know is the proc rate, if the effect stacks and if it shows up as hp regen or ironheart icon. Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Nut - Lothranis on

Comments

• KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Just wanted to know some info on this effect if anyone knows. What I would like to know is the proc rate, if the effect stacks and if it shows up as hp regen or ironheart icon. Thanks in advance.

Can you link the weapon in question?
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Nut - Lothranis
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Light of Excellence : Eon

(Under unique add-ons)
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Light of Excellence : Eon

(Under unique add-ons)

Ah that skill.... I'm afraid I have no casters nor do I know any with that addon to test it with. I'm sorry b:surrender

I'll worldchat about it later and see if I can find someone to do some testing on it for you if no one else has any information. My speculation is it'll be a separate heal than the IH blessing for instance. (Like the Tree of Protection buff for instance.)
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    As a heal over time, it could probably be stackable if it activates often enough.

Edit: The part about it increasing mana by 50 points makes me wonder if it gives the "recovering MP" buff or the "increased MP regen" one though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Nut - Lothranis
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Ah that skill.... I'm afraid I have no casters nor do I know any with that addon to test it with. I'm sorry b:surrender

I'll worldchat about it later and see if I can find someone to do some testing on it for you if no one else has any information.

Alright, tyvm. I'm about to head to sleep anyway, so I'll check back tomorrow in the morning.
    edited June 2012
    Options
    As a heal over time, it could probably be stackable if it activates often enough.

Edit: The part about it increasing mana by 50 points makes me wonder if it gives the "recovering MP" buff or the "increased MP regen" one though.

I think of it as a literal term of doing exactly that. Giving you 50 mana points back into your mp pool. (This would be GREAT for clerics for their plumed shell if the proc rate is good)
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    50 mana is remarkably worthless. I'm assuming they mistranslated it as 50 chi until a caster with first hand experience says otherwise.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Kanmi - Sanctuary
    Kanmi - Sanctuary Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I think of it as a literal term of doing exactly that. Giving you 50 mana points back into your mp pool. (This would be GREAT for clerics for their plumed shell if the proc rate is good)

No it's not . Because it's a heal over time and not a instant heal, cleric benefit more from purify spell than from infinite ( IH > Infinite anytimes) . I had it and was disapointed, under massive attack/stunned/seal purify will save a cleric where infinite wont, because we lack of anti stun and we are damn slow .
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

The proc rate would need to be well over 50% for the MP recovery to be of even a slight use, which would be rather overpowered. The HoT ticks are about the same as a pure mag R8 cleric's level 10 IH, but a bit shorter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    Options
    50 mana is remarkably worthless. I'm assuming they mistranslated it as 50 chi until a caster with first hand experience says otherwise.
    That would be OP if it was chi.
    No it's not . Because it's a heal over time and not a instant heal, cleric benefit more from purify spell than from infinite ( IH > Infinite anytimes) . I had it and was disapointed, under massive attack/stunned/seal purify will save a cleric where infinite wont, because we lack of anti stun and we are damn slow .
    You missread my post entirely. If you're getting massively ganked etc you will still die purify or not. I was looking at the mp gain from a mp consumption of plumed shell perspective.
    The proc rate would need to be well over 50% for the MP recovery to be of even a slight use, which would be rather overpowered. The HoT ticks are about the same as a pure mag R8 cleric's level 10 IH, but a bit shorter.

Mmm 50 mana = 50 damage absorbed /shrug.
    But that is if it is a literal amount and not a mp recovery rate of 50 or some other factor we don't know about. As for the HoT that is pretty nice and probably is a separate stack then IH itself.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Kanmi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    Options
    You missread my post entirely. If you're getting massively ganked etc you will still die purify or not. I was looking at the mp gain from a mp consumption of plumed shell perspective.

Not matter your mp pool if the cleric is stunned locked they will die too, plume shell is spammable but not permanent you still have 10 sec between each plume shell and its more than enough to drop down a cleric . And blah blah about genie skills, they also have CD and stuffs . So ya coming from a cleric perspective i can say purify spell > infinite . And how lucky i had infinite and now i have purify spell .
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Not matter your mp pool if the cleric is stunned locked they will die too, plume shell is spammable but not permanent you still have 10 sec between each plume shell and its more than enough to drop down a cleric . And blah blah about genie skills, they also have CD and stuffs . So ya coming from a cleric perspective i can say purify spell > infinite . And how lucky i had infinite and now i have purify spell .

I won't deny that. I'm aware of how it works ;p. But it was an example. Other classes can get that skill as well as clerics too. It is all about play style I suppose.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    1: It overwrites IH/Stream of Rejuv (though it does stack with itself)
    2: The MP part is false. It's actually chi recovery with the heal. (drop yourself to 0 chi via BB and let a bunch of mobs whack you or have someone punch you at 5 APS while you have no chi)
    3: The heal itself isn't worth all that much PvP-wise if you don't already have an alternative form of healing. For PvE it's great as long as you don't already have an IH or stream going on yourself. However it's far more useful for the chi gain in PvP or PvE, IMO.
  • Kanmi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    Options
    This is true . But really i would trade all morai skills for 1 anti stun skill , i would even be fine with leap or arcane defense ( and cause it looks fun to leap :o)
    edited June 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    1: It overwrites IH/Stream of Rejuv (though it does stack with itself)
    2: The MP part is false. It's actually chi recovery with the heal. (drop yourself to 0 chi via BB and let a bunch of mobs whack you or have someone punch you at 5 APS while you have no chi)
    3: The heal itself isn't worth all that much PvP-wise if you don't already have an alternative form of healing. For PvE it's great as long as you don't already have an IH or stream going on yourself. However it's far more useful for the chi gain in PvP or PvE, IMO.

That can be A LOT of chi. I'd say then this skill would be great on the psy weapon since it is a chi gain and they don't exactly have a bunch of heals, but good defensive skills to stay alive. Do we know a proc rate for it? >_>
    This is true . But really i would trade all morai skills for 1 anti stun skill , i would even be fine with leap or arcane defense ( and cause it looks fun to leap :o)
    Why?
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• truekossy
    edited June 2012
    Options
    That can be A LOT of chi. I'd say then this skill would be great on the psy weapon since it is a chi gain and they don't exactly have a bunch of heals, but good defensive skills to stay alive. Do we know a proc rate for it? >_>

Haven't tested rate. It does seem to proc for me fairly often overall which is pretty handy when I need chi. I'll look into it later since I can't log on right now.
  • Kanmi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Completly in PVP perspective, don't tell me you love metal mage in your TW squad i wouldn't believe it . Now if i have to explain why... i need to know what is that "why" about exactly .
    edited June 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Haven't tested rate. It does seem to proc for me fairly often overall which is pretty handy when I need chi. I'll look into it later since I can't log on right now.
    Which server do you play? >:|
    Completly in PVP perspective, don't tell me you love metal mage in your TW squad i wouldn't believe it . Now if i have to explain why... i need to know what is that "why" about exactly .

They made clerics "metal mages" I mean look at the violet dance /eyeroll.

My thought is you aren't exactly on the front lines in a TW situation, so other then maybe a sin or someone ninja flanking, you shouldn't be in the direct line of attacks from anyone. If your attentive you can usually counter MOST sins attacks before they can kill you. (There are always exceptions to this like the gear differences Catasquad etc). So I can't exactly see the need of an anti stun when you get so many CC skills. I mean hell you got a sleep skill that can last 30 seconds....as well as an array of defensive skills. Plume Shell / WoP / Guardian Light / Seal of the God / etc. /shrug
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Kanmi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    Options
    They made clerics "metal mages" I mean look at the violet dance /eyeroll.

My thought is you aren't exactly on the front lines in a TW situation, so other then maybe a sin or someone ninja flanking, you shouldn't be in the direct line of attacks from anyone. If your attentive you can usually counter MOST sins attacks before they can kill you. (There are always exceptions to this like the gear differences Catasquad etc). So I can't exactly see the need of an anti stun when you get so many CC skills. I mean hell you got a sleep skill that can last 30 seconds....as well as an array of defensive skills. Plume Shell / WoP / Guardian Light / Seal of the God / etc. /shrug

Oh ya, cata cleric/offense support, definitly not in front line... shrug
    WoP 3 mins CD / Guardian Light 5min CD... shrug definatly worth your immune skills right . And yes right ever try to sleep, seal, SoG someone with anti stun on ? And Archer dont have CC at all ya right...
    Sage sleep is up to 38 sec, yes cause you ever stayed under sleep for 30 sec before getting attacked or purify by the cleric in your squad ?
    It's not because they made those dumb skills that you have to learn them . Should i learn sage BOTP/thunderball cause they made it /eyeroll

Array i overwrite it with 1 stream, pious blessing last 8 sec and requires VD . It's funny how you think it's easy to be cleric, it's way more challenging than TAB/faceroll keyboard til HP bar drop to 0 . It's watching 6 HP bar all the time and make sure everyone is buffed/puri/heal/ressed at the right time,and looking if you're not running into the enemy line etc etc... why an anti stun ? Really isn't that obvious already...
  • ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear
    ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I got this proc so many times on my wife's R8 recast wiz weapon. It's absolutely horrible, the HP proc ruins IH as far as I could tell. The proc rate is incredibly low that even while I attacked her weaponless at 3.33+ APS it was barely going off =/
  • truekossy
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Which server do you play? >:|

Have a few chars on every server but Lothranis. b:chuckle
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Oh ya, cata cleric/offense support, definitly not in front line... shrug
    WoP 3 mins CD / Guardian Light 5min CD... shrug definatly worth your immune skills right . And yes right ever try to sleep, seal, SoG someone with anti stun on ? And Archer dont have CC at all ya right...
    Sage sleep is up to 38 sec, yes cause you ever stayed under sleep for 30 sec before getting attacked or purify by the cleric in your squad ?
    It's not because they made those dumb skills that you have to learn them . Should i learn sage BOTP/thunderball cause they made it /eyeroll

Array i overwrite it with 1 stream, pious blessing last 8 sec and requires VD . It's funny how you think it's easy to be cleric, it's way more challenging than TAB/faceroll keyboard til HP bar drop to 0 . It's watching 6 HP bar all the time and make sure everyone is buffed/puri/heal/ressed at the right time,and looking if you're not running into the enemy line etc etc... why an anti stun ? Really isn't that obvious already...

I said catasquad was an exception. You still aren't exactly in the front on an offensive support squad. You make it sound like we always have an anti stun running and in most cases no one does. I didn't say we didnt have any. We just have 2 crappy ones. a 3.5 second (4.5 for us sage) stun and a 8 second paralyze which you can still function with. There are cases where I get slept and I am not attacked and not purified for close to 20 seconds sometimes because I push. Uhh dear. Our 2 spark Eagleon is a PoS. Our only 2 spark "nuke" is our barrage.

Where did I say its easy being a cleric? Tired of assumptions and people putting words in my mouth. I have run a support healing class in many games. Try running a Combat Medic in SWG. (When that still existed) That was hella harder then a cleric is now. Every class shouldn't be able to do everything that defeats the purpose of picking a trait. I get high damage but gimped CC. You get heals CC and defense skill sets for a lack of a anti stun.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Kanmi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    Options
    You get heals CC and defense skill sets for a lack of a anti stun.

Yes cause clerics can heal/use any skill while being stunned/sleep /facepalm
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Yes cause clerics can heal/use any skill while being stunned/sleep /facepalm

You make it sound like youre always slept/stunned. Just like you always make it sound like we always have antistun running. Please stop trying to put situational circumstances in your arguement.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

Do you not even use a genie? Genies are your ways to anti-stun/break out of stun/etc.

Get Badge if you can't time your Fortifies, and then Lawbreaker to break out of seals, so you can purify yourself and get out of there.

And if that comes to worse, there's also Vacuity Powders. Just because you don't have anti-stuns doesn't mean you can't prevent yourself from being stunned. If you're doing mass PvP, your sleep and Seal of the Gods would come in handy in disabling two enemies in their tracks for a substantial amount of time.

In 1v1s, Vacuity/Fortify/Badge/Surge/Faith would all come in handy. Though I don't think you'll need Faith since you're a cleric who can purify all debuffs except stun/seal.

I mean, I wouldn't mind trading "being able to see into your inventories" and "make you drop DQ if you have any and aren't carrying a Guardian Scroll" for some more useful skills in PvP, but I can't complain since sins have every locking skill available to them. As well as massive chi gains.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Flutterpie - Lothranis
    Flutterpie - Lothranis Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Why bother responding to random cleric QQ or tell others how to play their class?

You guys should learn to stay on topic...
  • Kanmi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    Options
    You make it sound like youre always slept/stunned. Just like you always make it sound like we always have antistun running. Please stop trying to put situational circumstances in your arguement.

You take things way too personally... you make it sounds like archer is the only class with stun . Maybe look around and see that there is other classes able to stun in several circumstances... oh wait like all except cleric and seeker ?
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    You take things way too personally... you make it sounds like archer is the only class with stun . Maybe look around and see that there is other classes able to stun in several circumstances... oh wait like all except cleric and seeker ?

34 second sleep (38 at sage) > any of the sins locking skills, and definitely the longest sleeping skill any character can have in the game. Gives you ample time to prepare for anything in 1v1 or disable a key enemy player in group/mass pvp.

15 second SotG > any character's locking skill. Short channeling and casting time too, and also can't be purified. Like with sleep, can disable a second character for 15 seconds, or act as a second move to disable an enemy in 1v1. In a group pvp where it's something like 6v6, turning the battle into 6v4 for at least 15 seconds is enough to give a huge edge in the outcome of a battle.

And I don't even play a cleric.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    lol one of these again?

not having an anti stun sucks, genie is great 1v1, helps but is lacking for group/tw.

sleep is great in 1v1, in TW some1 stupid will probably deal minimal damage to your target and there are plenty of others to **** you.

status control/immunity is the #1 class factor in player vs player situations.

really feels like some ppl just say stuff based off reading the skill description for a class vs having done it.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    really Feels Like Some Ppl Just Say Stuff Based Off Reading The Skill Description For A Class Vs Having Done It.

+1000
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray