game battle system upgrade?

Xiaran - Archosaur
Xiaran - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
just a bit curious if this game is gonna get that sort of update.

i've started playing perfect world 2 weeks before rusty hearts and yet, my playtime for rusty hearts is twice as much or now,alot more than perfect world.. my character lvl should say it.

the game 's battle system is a bit old and alot of games released now by PWE are the new generation battle system. rusty hearts and raiderz are ones.

so wondering, instead of jst consuming profit to make new games, why not upgrade current games that are slowly dying. perfect world isnt dead yet or even near death with the population i see everyday. but it gets boring with tht same system as all the mmos i've played be4.

don't bash me please. i'm just sad about it.b:sad
Post edited by Xiaran - Archosaur on

Comments

• BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Curious what you mean by 'battle system'.

Rusty Hearts is almost a console game setup, where certain keys activate certain skills, and you can get combo bonuses. Not sure if you mean that, or how battles in Rusty Hearts occur where the mobs pop up in set groups each time you enter a new section of the dungeon you're progressing through.
  • ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear
    ShamandaIie - Heavens Tear Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    PWI is getting older with it's battle system in general. The ancient old press a skill > it casts > can't do anything while it casts > done casting > hits. Is now pretty much a dying thing.
    Interactive battle systems are becoming more popular, using environment to cast stuff or receive a bonus when certain conditions are met. Also being able to move while casting and a whole lot of other things make PWI outdated now.
  • Xiaran - Archosaur
    Xiaran - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    yes i meant th console setup.

mmos liek vindictus,C9,dragon nest,**** and newer mmos coming have tht setups.

if perfect world got a large expansion upgrade or PW2 in eyes of alot,it would be cool.

tht old click cast system kinda too old
  • ZetsumieX - Raging Tide
    ZetsumieX - Raging Tide Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    no, just NO!

this is makes what makes PWI still nice to play for old ppl, u dun like it just dun play it easy as that!
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    PWE would rather invest that money in creating a new game than update this.

Perfect World III, for example, would be something they would be more interested in doing and just letting this die. Maybe they would call it part II, idk. But it would actually be part III.

Reason is that the vast majority of players have already spent all they would spend here. If they change the battle system, players will still have everything they already spent their cash on. Create a new game and everyone who plays will have to start spending money all over again (unless they plan to go 100% free to play).
  • TempleSlave - Lost City
    TempleSlave - Lost City Posts: 324 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    perfect world isnt dead yet or even near death with the population i see everyday.

You're on one of the 3 least populated servers and you think it has a healthy population? hahahaha

If you saw the Russian version of the game, you'd feel sorry for Archosaur or any American server. They still have lines in Room 49 waiting for people to finish, but it used to be 50-100 people waiting at it's peak, now it's only like 10-20.
    I love puppies.... and sharp objects. b:pleased