3rd cast nirvana vs recast r8 dps?

Options
Burgenstein - Harshlands
Burgenstein - Harshlands Posts: 41 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Assassin
so im interested in finding out which set of daggers would have the better dps.

assume both are +10 and that the recast r8 has GoF

i dont know the formula so im relying on one of you to help me out :D

basically this is to find out if 40 attack lvl is going to out DD GoF or not o.o

thankyou b:pleased
Burg is the word
Post edited by Burgenstein - Harshlands on

Comments

• SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    higher damage too ijs
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    R9 2nd Recast > R9 Recast > G16 Nirvana > R9 > R8 Recast > G15 Nirvana.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    T3 Vana has only a slightly higher refine rate, (+468 vs +490 at +10 refines) which is minimal enough to just kind of disregard.

GoF is usually viewed as a 20% overall dps increase, where 40 attack level increase is based more on the builds attack levels before the weapon. For instance if the sin already has 50 attack levels with blessing and everything than the 40 attack levels would only increase his dps by 27%. So unless the sin already has 100 attack levels before their weapon than the 40 attack levels will always be greater dps.

The bigger difference, besides better refine rate and 40 attack levels, is that -int is a 15% (needs verification) chance on T3 vana and a .39% chance (even less aiming for GoF and -int together so less than 1:250 odds) on R8r daggers, meaning that with R8r you're probably looking at 4.0 aps but with T3 vana you're looking at a 1:7 chance of 5 aps and 40 attack levels. 4 aps vs 5 aps is a 25% difference.

Just guesstimating off those numbers in a spark spam situation with 5 aps T3 vana (40 atk levels base) +10 and 4 aps R8r GoF (40 atk levels base) +10 you are looking at T3 being almost 40% higher dps.

R9 2nd Recast > R9 Recast > G16 Nirvana > R9 > R8 Recast > G15 Nirvana.
    For the same reason as listed above, the chances of getting decent R8r daggers versus the chances of getting SS/-int G15 vana's I'd place G15 above R8r also. You are likely to spend a couple billion before you get an R8r dagger that would out dd a decent G15 dagger.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Also in terms of DPH, r9 would dominate the top position regardless due to having both attack levels and GoF.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Well are you sage or demon?
  • Burgenstein - Harshlands
    Burgenstein - Harshlands Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I'm demon (for the skills more than the aps but eh... 5aps is always nice)

Thankyou for the replies, it's helped clear things up alot :)

I only have 2 real reasons why im getting r8 recast.

1. At the time it was one of the better realistic endgame daggers available ( this was before 3rd cast came around) and as such i signed up for my factions recasting system and now being top of the list to get recast gear, i wont say no :P
    2. I am a collector of weapons as i need something to hold my attention D: im never gonna be 3rd cast r9 +12 so i'll stick to collecting smexy weapons instead :P

however from a useful point of view, 3rd cast nirvana does seem to be the better option, so i shall endeavor to farm my 3rd cast nirvana.

Again, thank you for the replies :3
    Burg is the word
  • bubbelgirl
    bubbelgirl Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    any1 knowz by any chance who/what drops the mold for *Nether Guidance ? aka 3th cast nirvana
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Last boss in full warsong drops weapon molds. This requires defending all pavilions and not let the npc die. Getting 180 points or killing all the mobs while defending will lower the mob count when going to each boss. When that is done you must kill the remaining mobs starting from the "heart of the city". This will remove frenzy status from the bosses. When you kill each boss a npc will appear which spawns the elite version of the same boss. They drop armor molds. From the 10+/- runs I have done R9 molds drop more than Nivaran molds. When you kill Incarnate (elite) it will drop 2 weapon molds and a offence essence. The molds that drop seem to be pretty balanced at what drops R9/Niv. But i have seen more 2x Niv molds drop from him than 2x r9 molds. Other than 2x the same type it is usualy a r9 and a niv mold
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz