Dps comparison

_Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
_Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Assassin
Would anyone be able to calculate the difference in the damage per second of 3rd stage r9 and nirvana if you take max stats for the r9 and -0.05 x2 and the 3rd stat which would result in the most damage for the nirvana weapon.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
_mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
|\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
Post edited by _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Would anyone be able to calculate the difference in the damage per second of 3rd stage r9 and nirvana if you take max stats for the r9 and -0.05 x2 and the 3rd stat which would result in the most damage for the nirvana weapon.

R9 2nd cast would have higher DPH then the G16s and will have a higher DPS. Since can get interval on recasted r8 which will allow them to have 5.0 with r9. If you're looking purely from a weapon standpoint. R9 2nd cast will still win because the game now forces a miss every 5th attack from being 5.0 (so they technically are 4.0 anyways) as well as a 5% damage nerf.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    R9 2nd cast would have higher DPH then the G16s and will have a higher DPS. Since can get interval on recasted r8 which will allow them to have 5.0 with r9. If you're looking purely from a weapon standpoint. R9 2nd cast will still win because the game now forces a miss every 5th attack from being 5.0 (so they technically are 4.0 anyways) as well as a 5% damage nerf.

Uh, since when? Even with the accuracy nerf my characters still have about a 98% accuracy rate. 500+ dex + 50% accuracy rings mean the accuracy nerf was basically null.

And no one has the gear for 5.0 r8 recast yet because it's odds are something like 1:16000 and 30-60m per try, making it multiple trillions as an average cost.

I'll do a dps calc for this later, busy right now but I think single -int and a dph stat would be better since you'll be 5.0 with either 1 x -.05 -int or 2 x -.05 int. The only benefit of 2 x -.05 is unsparked dd or being able to change out gear.

As it stand R9t3 would still probably win because GoF= 20% more damage. G15 with 5aps=25% more dmg but then thats reduced by 5% of the 125% dmg so 4 to 5 aps is really only a 18.75% increase. I'm not sure about the other adds on Adversity though because it says "Add On: Amount = 3+" and then lists 7 possible add ons. Anyways, R9t3 starts with a much higher base damage and refines only slightly worse but Nirvana T3 never catches up in weapon damage, even with the better refine rate.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Uh, since when? Even with the accuracy nerf my characters still have about a 98% accuracy rate. 500+ dex + 50% accuracy rings mean the accuracy nerf was basically null.
    Wrong. Its not a 20% accuracy drop stat. It's a unregistered miss the game generates after you exceed 4.0 aps. Gene even said this.
    And no one has the gear for 5.0 r8 recast yet because it's odds are something like 1:16000 and 30-60m per try, making it multiple trillions as an average cost.
    I know two people who have it on HT.
    I'll do a dps calc for this later, busy right now but I think single -int and a dph stat would be better since you'll be 5.0 with either 1 x -.05 -int or 2 x -.05 int. The only benefit of 2 x -.05 is unsparked dd or being able to change out gear.

As it stand R9t3 would still probably win because GoF= 20% more damage. G15 with 5aps=25% more dmg but then thats reduced by 5% of the 125% dmg so 4 to 5 aps is really only a 18.75% increase. I'm not sure about the other adds on Adversity though because it says "Add On: Amount = 3+" and then lists 7 possible add ons. Anyways, R9t3 starts with a much higher base damage and refines only slightly worse but Nirvana T3 never catches up in weapon damage, even with the better refine rate.

And we both agree R9 2nd cast still wins. You will get all of those addons for the r9 2nd cast btw.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited June 2012

You're misunderstanding it.

The nerf, at least the way the GMs put it, is that the game makes anyone with 4.0 or over aps automatically miss 1 out of every 5 hits, regardless of how much hit% or +accuracy% gear you have.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yeah, it just unregisters the hit.

And r9r2 always gets all of the stats.

And I wish I was lucky enough to even get -int on r8r boots. :(
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The accuracy nerf, as described by GMs, does not exist. The 5% damage nerf on 4.0 and 5.0 does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    The accuracy nerf, as described by GMs, does not exist. The 5% damage nerf on 4.0 and 5.0 does.

Well that's good to know. Wonder why it never worked as intended though. I remember you testing the 5% damage nerf though.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Didn't think it existed. Although someone posted a video about non existant attacks 24/25 and felt they were being robbed. Put a video slowed down to 1/20th and showed a 5 aps video for 5 seconds but only 24 attacks existed, so I know lag and animation will steal an attack or two.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It does exist. It nullifies one attack. Why do you think people complain they feel they are getting chi back slower then they used to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    It does exist. It nullifies one attack. Why do you think people complain they feel they are getting chi back slower then they used to.

There is no change in chi gain...

In this part of my video, I'm clearly past 5 APS when attacking the mini boss, and full chi is gained back before the spark ends, just like how an attack rate of 5 APS has been since the game started.