BH and the rank 9

Options
Saethos - Raging Tide
Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
I didn't screenshot it...but lately, I've seen a lot of people seeking only rank 9 for BH...BH lunar. I was in one of these squads and I asked why they said we needed a rank 9. They said that if we wanted to do the advanced mode we would NEED a rank 9 seeker, BM, or barb. I promptly left the squad and got my Nirvana archer friend, Nirvana barb friend, rank 8 cleric friend, and 3.33 aps sin friend...There was also me, the r8 recast BM

We all did the entire BH together, even with the shortage of 1 person. So, we attempted the advanced Hauntry Queen. We completely annihilated it and drove it to the ground...with 1 free spot to spare and no rank 9s...

Has the game gotten so far into powerleveling that we don't know how to play anymore? Sure, some of the powerlevelers know their skills, but do they know the combos of apoth, genie, and how they work with other skills?

PLEASE don't tell me the only combo BMs know these days is triple spark cloud eruption HF...

Do seekers really think vortex is ALWAYS the best option on a boss?

Do sins only 3 spark chi powerdash wolf emblem?

Come on...Learn about the game people!

I also had this discussion on world chat and someone said I was hating on r9 yet cocky because I had r9...

My r9 is SO pro, it has NO attack levels, 15 magic on the weapon, and only takes 200k rep...You jelly?
It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
Post edited by Saethos - Raging Tide on

Comments

• MansVisa - Raging Tide
    MansVisa - Raging Tide Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Who caresb:bye
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Who caresb:bye

Clearly not you, so why did you post?
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Make your own squad and spare us the qq.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    Make your own squad and spare us the qq.

Did you read it? I DID make my own squad...
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    My r9 is SO pro, it has NO attack levels, 15 magic on the weapon, and only takes 200k rep...You jelly?

..eh?
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Did you read it? I DID make my own squad...

I did. You however didn't spare us.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Radamanthys - Heavens Tear
    Radamanthys - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I didn't screenshot it...but lately, I've seen a lot of people seeking only rank 9 for BH...BH lunar. I was in one of these squads and I asked why they said we needed a rank 9. They said that if we wanted to do the advanced mode we would NEED a rank 9 seeker, BM, or barb. I promptly left the squad and got my Nirvana archer friend, Nirvana barb friend, rank 8 cleric friend, and 3.33 aps sin friend...There was also me, the r8 recast BM

We all did the entire BH together, even with the shortage of 1 person. So, we attempted the advanced Hauntry Queen. We completely annihilated it and drove it to the ground...with 1 free spot to spare and no rank 9s...

Has the game gotten so far into powerleveling that we don't know how to play anymore? Sure, some of the powerlevelers know their skills, but do they know the combos of apoth, genie, and how they work with other skills?

PLEASE don't tell me the only combo BMs know these days is triple spark cloud eruption HF...

I also had this discussion on world chat and someone said I was hating on r9 yet cocky because I had r9...

That
    Seems like that's all they know how to do
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Has the game gotten so far into powerleveling that we don't know how to play anymore?

I thought it was already at that point...
    There are many who don't know how to work with others, let alone fend for themselves.
    Its that group who expects their gear to do most of the work for them, and that group who will QQ when that isnt enough to get the job done (here's to you, Lord of Captivation).

The good ones are still out there, but they're not easy to come by...

>b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • dog10240
    dog10240 Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

As I can guess PWI is trying to fix all this by redesigning dungeons and making new ones much harder and teamwork needy(EU, AEU, Warsong, Lunar, future dungeons) but it's already too late. They MUST add a lvl 75+ required to enter FC OR revert FC back into its original TT-like mode for 85/95 gear and NOT major xp. Powerlvling is killing the game. Honestly the staff wasted their entire time designing phoenix valley cause of FC.
  • CatManDoo - Dreamweaver
    CatManDoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    That
    Seems like that's all they know how to do

Maybe cause damage wise its good option. Hit debuffs and vortex - win win
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    LFM BH abba R9 pm wep and class.
    People who do that should lern how to play the game, makes you feel like putting TT80 or 90 just to show the nabs up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Maybe cause damage wise its good option. Hit debuffs and vortex - win win

Shouldnt seekers be acting as support on bosses instead of dd'ing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • Xyrika - Archosaur
    Xyrika - Archosaur Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    first of all, the new AEU is really hard and there I'm happy to have some major DDs in, like a R9. But for BH, you must be kidding.

The Lunar BH can be done by any normally geared and thinking person. I did a few runs with a friend of mine. The 2 of us dual clienting it and we both are like R8 geared. Espetially when it comes to the new advanced bosses I really got to laugh if ppl want a R9. They are so damn easy. Hounted queen, the first one is even stronger. And when you try Primal Fear it's even funnier. The first one at least has the attempt to kill ppl harming him on range. But the second one you simply put an Archer out of his range, let him attack and come back when the boss is down. Even a lvl 80 can do that. Will take longer, but you see the point? It really don't NEED anny R9 here.

For SoT and Abadon: Take a decend Barb with you.. Decend is 95+ normal geared, which is tt90/TT99/R8 with a bit refine and shards. It might take a bit longer than the R9+10 APS sins, but it will work as well.

For the Seekers: NO, vortex is not everything, BUT if it comes to keep agro at a boss, how else should a seeker do that? There are too few real agro skills on a seeker. Only vortex generates enough agro to keep the boss on the seeker. and yes I know the seeker class well. I don't use Vortex all the time, but when I need to tank I try to, at least use it some time to generate some agro. Otherwise I will lose it with a 100% chance.
  • Cinderball - Raging Tide
    Cinderball - Raging Tide Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I remember seeing the world chats involving that. Of all the instances in the game at the moment, lunar and FC should be the last places for r9/aps requirements considering how they were revamped into easy mode and made for lower geared players to do anyways. Even the first two vile bosses in the BH path are laughably easy for supposedly top-tier bosses and gear won't help much if vile primal fear's buffs aren't purged or range tanked. I watched as he chewed right through a +10 r9 seeker in melee range that didn't react in time.

I agree that the problem is that people have gotten too used to playing their chars to a few limited combos and not actually learning how to play as a team and survive when something unexpected happens. Rather than work as a team, those squads only want OP people so they don't have to bother learning a thing and can just face-roll the instance instead.
    RT's Heavy Armor Sin
    pwcalc.com/4b05df7de8c8337f
  • CatManDoo - Dreamweaver
    CatManDoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Shouldnt seekers be acting as support on bosses instead of dd'ing?

well as a r9 seeker i often tank bosses. if ur damage output is enough high compared with squad mates, i dont think its reasonable to try hold on boss -20 def lvl debuff instead of -10 def lvl.
    also there arent much bosses u can stun and also not so many bosses where u can qpd their nasty debuff, what benefits squad. seeker can also qpd crimson powder debuff, but if u have bm or archer with blood vow in squad, there is no need to use it + pots cost some coins or time.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    b:laugh I'm looking forward to the next 2x. I wonder how many "need 5.0 G16+12 demon hf BM for nirvana" and "LF 3rd recast r9+12 sin for nirvana" there will be.
    first of all, the new AEU is really hard and there I'm happy to have some major DDs in, like a R9. But for BH, you must be kidding.

o.O I actually found gear only being a small factor in the efficiency of AEU (and that is exactly why I liked the instance). It is more a trial about coordination of 10 players then the damage output they do. Sure, greatly geared ppl will make some things easier but I would say the time gained by a r9 +12 over a r8+5 (supposing same IQ) is actually smaller then on a bh. I noticed some bosses to actually have that same bleed that makes aba/seat so in barb-favor.

Only instance I can think off requiering a gear minimum would be full warsong. Defending pavillions and surviving some of the bosses does require good gear. But even then the minimum isn't r9. I've seen just decent geared defend pavillions succesfully and r9 players fail several times in a row.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    b:laugh I'm looking forward to the next 2x. I wonder how many "need 5.0 G16+12 demon hf BM for nirvana" and "LF 3rd recast r9+12 sin for nirvana" there will be.

I don't think we'll see any of those. After all, currently most people don't bother to specify whether they want 5.0 from a G13 sin or a G15 sin. Or whether they want the 5.0 on the BM from Deicide or G13 or G15 Nirvana.

As for the R9, does our server even have a single recast R9?
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I saw plenty of "Looking for 5.0 aps, +10 weapon people for Nirvana" last 2x and the one way before that. Laughably easy requirement for some, but I still get trolled easily by world chats like that.

I'll... I'll have that someday, when I want it hard enough b:cry

*reads Empu's post again* I agree about the full warsong. Empu's barb is one of two barbs I met that can make BH metal/full warsong look easy. And if I remember right, his barb is using mostly nirvana gears, with a cube magic resist necklace and Eye of the jungle belt, if I remember right :3.

And I do like how with the recent expansion the ones developing the new content have been trying to mix things up and make stuff harder. Like the Leaf Dryad boss in Abbadon and how players going aps crazy on it sometimes fully heals it XD.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I saw plenty of "Looking for 5.0 aps, +10 weapon people for Nirvana" last 2x and the one way before that. Laughably easy requirement for some, but I still get trolled easily by world chats like that.

I'll... I'll have that someday, when I want it hard enough b:cry

I get trolled from those WCs because I currently have 4.0 base but I'm Sage so whether I am 4.0 or 5.0 isn't exactly a well-defined issue.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I don't think we'll see any of those. After all, currently most people don't bother to specify whether they want 5.0 from a G13 sin or a G15 sin. Or whether they want the 5.0 on the BM from Deicide or G13 or G15 Nirvana.

As for the R9, does our server even have a single recast R9?

Like Teiw, I've seen plenty precisions on which type of 5.0 they want. I even noticed more and more sin wc are not mentioning aps, but they look for "+10 zerk". In any case, the weapon link is to look for the high refined G15/r9...

Our server has a full +12 max shards r9 2nd cast wizard. He already had that before update actually. He's working on 3rd cast but didn't make a single piece yet (at least that was last sunday in warsong).

By now there could be a few more with 2nd cast r9 or maybe even 3rd cast. Didn't see any yet, but there is at least the psy/sin "soloing" warsong and a math-addict archer who are both working on r9 recast.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Our server has a full +12 max shards r9 2nd cast wizard. He already had that before update actually. He's working on 3rd cast but didn't make a single piece yet (at least that was last sunday in warsong).

The caster chest set for r9 is not released yet, patch notes. That is why he can not upgrade yet, when he gets all the molds. The option for the chest will be greyed out for the r9 recasted chest. They always have issues like that, last time, earthguard r9 was not released on time, this time casters don't have the option.

Next update, r10, sins can not get their r10 :D. That would make the game worth playing.

To the OP:

Here is a fact, all the "advanced bosses" are easier than normal counterparts. R9, r8, +10~+12 is not necessary to do anything. We have done warsong with clerics that have 4k hp. We have had squad wipes with 5 r9 characters. It is not about gear in instances, it helps for sure, it is about skill, timing things. One advantage of having a "strong character" is that when you do bh lunar, squad fizzles away after the hauntry queen. You can run the last valley by yourself, or with friends and pay for the run.

People who have the idea that gear is necessary to do things, are right in a way. If you want to solo everything. Most people, r9, what not, can not solo things. They need a few more people to help. They might feel annoyed that they spent 1k~10k dollars and someone who spent nothing is in their presence, that issue is unrelated to gear, gameplay. A mortal b:angry, how dare they.

In future, ask those r9 people to do the BM wygie in lunar without a veno in squad. That will test their skills, patience. Often times, people don't carry purge items, and that boss is fun. He will one shot people, regardless of gear. Nothing can protect you against a 50k hit. But who am I kidding, how many people actually do wygies every time they do lunar? Before i got the quest done, i had run lunar about 20 times with different people, no one did a wygie.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    OP..plz stop crying before i come on your server and reroll and like ..destroy you.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    OP..plz stop crying before i come on your server and reroll and like ..destroy you.

You cant even destroy kun kun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    You cant even destroy kun kun

You don't have the cajones to comment under your name and server.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • BuBysaur - Heavens Tear
    BuBysaur - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    i just love link my weapons to people who ask for gear requirement and when they inv me i say 'sry just checking if its good enough but im not entering gear based squads'.
    its so much fun how they continue to spam wc for caster/aoe DD after that b:pleased
    anyways i got few r9 ppl in adv EU who caused squad wipes cuz they have lot more money and ego than brains so i stick to at least 60% of squad being my friends.
    proud goon glitcher
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    My tears must be made of air...

Anyway, challenge accepted, Come on over!

Also, concerning the AEU thing, I'm a roughly +6 (varries by piece ofc) r8 recast with some good adds on my gear, GoF+7 weapon, and I can tank any of the AEU parts other than 1 boss because I don't have the APS to spark his debuff. Other than that, it's all pretty simple if your squad doesn't have the dumb and can brain.