patcher.exe now no longer exists

Options
DaoineSidhe - Harshlands
DaoineSidhe - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Support Desk
So I went to play pwi tonight, only to find that the 'file you are looking for no longer exists'

So I checked the file itself, and its really not there at all.

Any ideas on a fix that doesnt involve a giant re-download?

Thankies :)
Post edited by DaoineSidhe - Harshlands on

Comments

• Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Start the Game from Launcher and See if the start menu comes or not, If it comes then Verify your game ,Or else u have uninstall and re-install the game again!b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2012
    Options
    be sure to disable the active scan of your antivirus while you download and install, then after it's installed add the client directory to the exceptions list. There is a note about this on the download page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaoineSidhe - Harshlands
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I didnt think of looking for the launcher...

wish me luck!

edit: it did nothing at all.

Im not having problems downloading the game, I've been here for a long time, I'm having problems loading the game because the launcher/patcher doesnt work ie: I cant get to the first screen to click the glowy yellow button that says start.
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Do you get any errors? what happens when you try to start it?
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I got the error that the file doesnt exist.

And I cant start it. At all.
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I cant get to the first screen to click the glowy yellow button that says start.

That screen is patcher.exe. Launcher.exe is only used to download new patcher.exe i think. It's kinda confusing b:cry

I'll upload patcher.exe, try to copy it into "X:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\patcher" folder.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71145886/patcher.zip
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    That screen is patcher.exe. Launcher.exe is only used to download new patcher.exe i think. It's kinda confusing b:cry

I'll upload patcher.exe, try to copy it into "X:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\patcher" folder.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/71145886/patcher.zip

Yep, that should solve it. I get my patcher deleted at certain upades, so I saved a copy of it and when it happens I just move it into that folder and it works fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Thanks heaps CroPsy :)

After some hunting in folders I found a text file called FixIt

And guess what? It fixed it :D

Such a blonde!