Choosing A Class

DevourQi - Raging Tide
DevourQi - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hey guys

I am opening this thread today, because I am basically pretty confused about what class I should choose and resume with. I just began playing this game 2 days ago with a '' Mystic '' and I am already not sure, if I should resume with it or not.

I fully understand that it will be hard to help me here but I will be happy to get any advices, opinions or something else. As I have already mentioned, I am pretty confused and the confusion basically is destroying my gaming experience.

Thx for your attention.
Post edited by DevourQi - Raging Tide on

Comments

• HardToFind - Raging Tide
    HardToFind - Raging Tide Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Right when choosing a class here are some basic questions you should ask yourself:
    1. Do you want to be a melee, ranged or magic class.
    2. Do you mind getting killed in a few hits or not?
    3. What role do you want to have in squads(groups) healer, damage dealer or tank(the one who takes the damage).
    If you can awnser those questions i might be able to help you further
  • DevourQi - Raging Tide
    DevourQi - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hmm, lets see.

After checking guides and threads, I guess that I will play with one of the following classes: BM, Barb or a Seeker. All are funny to play from what I have heard, good hp, good attack, and are wanted in squads.

I like both magic and melee, though melee maybe a bit more and when it comes to hp, I dont really mind, but getting killed in few hits is a thing that I dont really want. From the classes that I have mentioned, I cant really choose actually. I will be happy to hear some advices. When it comes to PVP, PVE Solo and PVE Squad.
  • SlagroomSoes - Dreamweaver
    SlagroomSoes - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    As a barb speaking i must say, the long work pays off in the end. Squads often need a barb for tanking, so you never really have to wait long before you can start an instance.

Solo can be done in human form and tiggy form ( More Hp + Def - Less Attack).
    In human form grinding is quicker but it's more safe to grind in tiggy form due to the hp buff and P. def buff.

Plus if you find it fun to tank boss and watch the other go all out on 'em, you should definetly roll a barb :D
  • CuddlesPanda - Raging Tide
    CuddlesPanda - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    b:pleased barbs are fun but slow to level until level 90+ when everyone will be asking you to tank BH's and FC...all the time! Just be careful of the "talking in 3rd person" haters QQ! o.O what's so wrong with saying "PANDA SMASH" every once in a while XD!
    b:thanks Blademasters are better at soloing at level 60+...HF FTW! The self heal and various AOE's help a lot when you are grinding alone. Only veno's and mystics are better at soloing since can do it earlier and easier...mystic mana sink is only reason Venos still rule. The different weapons path make Bm's more open to play between the Axe/Tank...Pole/stroker...Blade/slasher...APS/Fist!
    b:thanks Seekers are nice with the buffs/debuffs but need Hp/Mp charms to really solo...but they do really great with a zhenning squad. b:shocked hard to imagine not having a few seekers for faction base trails. b:cry Still have no idea why a seeker can't use a bow!
  • X_Amanyrae_x - Sanctuary
    X_Amanyrae_x - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hmm, lets see.

After checking guides and threads, I guess that I will play with one of the following classes: BM, Barb or a Seeker. All are funny to play from what I have heard, good hp, good attack, and are wanted in squads.

I like both magic and melee, though melee maybe a bit more and when it comes to hp, I dont really mind, but getting killed in few hits is a thing that I dont really want. From the classes that I have mentioned, I cant really choose actually. I will be happy to hear some advices. When it comes to PVP, PVE Solo and PVE Squad.

I think for you the Seeker might be the best choice, according to what you're saying ;p
    Seekers have both melee and magic (ranged) attacks and when you use the build 5 Str, 3 Dex, 2 Vit, you will have some hp too and you might also be used as a 2nd (or maybe even a 1st) tank in squad, due to the hp and Phys Def. I don't really have any experience with Seekers in PvP, but because of the Str and Dex they need for their armor, I think they hit nice and because of the Vit, they will have some hp too. ^^ For as far as my Seeker experience goes, PvE soloing won't be any big problem. :)
  • Nirna - Archosaur
    Nirna - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    is it possible to change Classes or are you stuck with the one you chose at joining?
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    is it possible to change Classes or are you stuck with the one you chose at joining?

you cannot change a class but you can always roll more characters (and transfer gear)
    you only purge once #yopo
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    you cannot change a class but you can always roll more characters (and transfer gear)

What are you taking about? Do t listen to potato all he thinks about is ponies b:chuckle
    On my seeker I get chi using chill of the deep with my crossbow on a SOS pyschic while wearing arcane armor
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What are you taking about? Do t listen to potato all he thinks about is ponies b:chuckle
    On my seeker I get chi using chill of the deep with my crossbow on a SOS pyschic while wearing arcane armor

pro guys use LA
    you only purge once #yopo
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    pro guys use LA

Everything>la
  • Eeyes - Harshlands
    Eeyes - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Here are my opinions on the 3 classes

My main (71 seeker) deals massive damage and has 4.4k hp and 5.6k phys def. And that is with Full tt70/Warriors Blade

My Barb(Level 30) Deals anywhere between 768-1025/768-891 im tiger with 2.6k hp w/o buff. W/buff 2.8k w/buff tiger 3.1k hp with a 1.9k phys def.

My BM(Level 23) Has 768 phys def unbuffed 900 buffed(Aouroa Bell) But thats because im rolling a Claw LA bm, depending on what path you choose, your either LA(More mag def) or HA(More physical def)
    Leave no one behind

A.R.K