Nerfed Share the Stealth

2»

Comments

• thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    This^

It wasn't nerfed, it was fixed. Sins have had it easy for a long time having been allowed to get away with having so many OP skills. You should realize how lucky you are as a class to not have gone through a complete(justified) nerf. Instead, the Devs have mostly opted to take indirect measures to deal with the way assassins imbalance and exploit the game. Take the Door mobs in TT for example, they are least affective against the assassin class, even though that was who they were most intended for. Consider yourselves lucky that the Devs don't usually face these issues head on.

The only one exploiting here is PW. Consumers pay for or earn some ability to do something only to have that ability nerfed. IE: pay for Filet Mignon: get Chuck Steak.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    thumbs wrote: »
    Source or you're FOS.

What is your source that this skill was meant to let sins stealth lvl ? bosses.

Source or you're FOS b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    The only one exploiting here is PW. Consumers pay for or earn some ability to do something only to have that ability nerfed. IE: pay for Filet Mignon: get Chuck Steak.

Hmm no, your example doesn't quite work. Nowhere in any skill description is it stated/suggested that the skill is intended to be used in the manner that everyone(except some sins) recognize as an exploit. That use of the skill is not what people were expecting or paying for when they got it.

So this situation would be more like paying for a happy meal, and discovering that an employee's valuable piece of engraved jewelry has slipped into your fry box. It may have ended up in your bag by a careless slip, but that doesn't mean it is right to keep it because it's not yours and you weren't supposed to have it in the first place.

Giving it back is not wronging yourself, it's just doing the right thing. AKA, removing that ability isn't a nerf, it's a fix.
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited May 2012

Closer is, the menu said 'steak' with no description. It was always intended to be chuck steak, but when you ordered it the first time, the cook goofed, and you got filet mignon. Next time, you get the chuck steak that it was always supposed to be.

Skill description reads "Pulls all teammates within 12 meters into stealth for 5 seconds." Nowhere does it say "adds 30 stealth levels".

Damn, ninja'd. lol
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I take the stats from the rankings, non the less no one here knows what the devs ment to do or why it was changed
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
    edited May 2012
    I take the stats from the rankings, non the less no one here knows what the devs ment to do or why it was changed

It's pretty safe to make educated inferences from all the information we already have. The logical thought process favors the idea that it was an unintended use for the skill and as such, had to be fixed. People like to throw in the "no one can know the dev's real intentions" card when logic doesn't favor their stance, but all it does is drive an argument in circles.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    Good point but what information do you base this on, there is no information for or against it either way. If there is I would love to see it and recind my comment. The circle will contiue until real information is provided. Just because something is changed does not mean it was broken in the first place.

Good example, why was perfect stones stack amount changed after how many years now? It could have been done long ago but out of the blue its changed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2012
    Good point but what information do you base this on, there is no information for or against it either way. If there is I would love to see it and recind my comment. The circle will contiue until real information is provided. Just because something is changed does not mean it was broken in the first place.

Good example, why was perfect stones stack amount changed after how many years now? It could have been done long ago but out of the blue its changed

It is only the logical conclusion to make when presented with the details of this situation. ? mobs/bosses are not intended to be skipped through. What else could the fixing of this skill have been meant to remedy?
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited May 2012

The announcement about the skill changing was listed under 'Bug Fixes' in the release notes. The fact that it was considered a bug, really speaks to the fact that it's original intent was not to give a player 30 levels on top of their stealth lvl, vs their player lvl.

I'm sure the amount of qq that came about as a result of sins not only having the ability to port through walls that most other classes had to go the designed routes around, but now being able to stealth past ? level bosses/mobs certainly hastened it being repaired ahead of the thousands of other glitches/bugs in this game.

You're not going to find meeting minutes from when the skill was being designed to definitively tell if this was or wasn't an intended effect of the skill. While they may exist, I'm certain they won't be released. Even if they were, I'm of the opinion that your response would be 'Oh, I'm so sure these are legit, nice try PWE'
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    i loved blood_rain's + burnwheniwiz's examples

+1+1
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited May 2012

How about the fact that it was changed?
    They usually change something to better suit what they want of it b:bye
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Hmm no, your example doesn't quite work. Nowhere in any skill description is it stated/suggested that the skill is intended to be used in the manner that everyone(except some sins) recognize as an exploit. That use of the skill is not what people were expecting or paying for when they got it.

So this situation would be more like paying for a happy meal, and discovering that an employee's valuable piece of engraved jewelry has slipped into your fry box. It may have ended up in your bag by a careless slip, but that doesn't mean it is right to keep it because it's not yours and you weren't supposed to have it in the first place.

Giving it back is not wronging yourself, it's just doing the right thing. AKA, removing that ability isn't a nerf, it's a fix.

-Ignorant of context. I was addressing a reply: not the OP.

Let me re-quote part of it for you:
    Sins have had it easy for a long time having been allowed to get away with having so many OP skills. You should realize how lucky you are as a class to not have gone through a complete(justified) nerf. Instead, the Devs have mostly opted to take indirect measures to deal with the way assassins imbalance and exploit the game.
    edited May 2012
    -Ignorant of context. I was addressing a reply: not the OP.

Let me re-quote part of it for you:

Well then in that case your example would have been completely irrelevant. The Dev's taking indirect measures to deal with assassins means that the assassin skill's have largely remained unchanged and the class has been able to continue without much more nerfs/changes than they've had up to this point. Instead, other aspects of the game itself have had changes implemented. No one is buying one thing and getting another here.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    The announcement about the skill changing was listed under 'Bug Fixes' in the release notes. The fact that it was considered a bug, really speaks to the fact that it's original intent was not to give a player 30 levels on top of their stealth lvl, vs their player lvl.
    Yes good point on being in bug fixes, and it does in its presentation counter my mini comic.

I'm sure the amount of qq that came about as a result of sins not only having the ability to port through walls that most other classes had to go the designed routes around, but now being able to stealth past ? level bosses/mobs certainly hastened it being repaired ahead of the thousands of other glitches/bugs in this game.
    Yes I can see how that can cause alot of qq, but I have never encountered a time where it was game breaking or anyone complaining in game about it. I only saw where it saved time. Stopping this from happening is simple as making a flag and a check on that flag when a mob is selected in a instance.

You're not going to find meeting minutes from when the skill was being designed to definitively tell if this was or wasn't an intended effect of the skill. While they may exist, I'm certain they won't be released. Even if they were, I'm of the opinion that your response would be 'Oh, I'm so sure these are legit, nice try PWE'
    I would not expect to see notes like these unless the game was open source. Then you could expect some notes in the code to reflect what X routine does. You are reaching pretty far on your last opinion and quite wrong as most things I have seen being posted by PWE staff is just copy and paste. If China ever decided to release notes and such I would welcome them

/5char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zliss - Lost City
    Zliss - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    it's still a good skill.
  • BigPizza - Lost City
    BigPizza - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    it was fine the way it was
  • ellero
    ellero Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Tbh when Morai update come out here skill was already nerfed in CN version. So i decided to join corona and get the skill to peek in ur inventorys b:bye
  • Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary
    Lelouchvi_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This skill is still very useful!
    Today me and my squad were hugging the wall in 3-2 to avoid the elite mobs and the cleric
    accidentally triggered the mobs aggro. I managed to get a few of my members out of harms way b:victory
    You can also use it to let your squad run through any mobs in tt that you don't want to fight :)
    I think it makes us sins more squad friendly to say the least b:laugh

When the time comes, you'll know when to use it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]