Summons

SaintClerity - Archosaur
SaintClerity - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Mystic
I just wanted to know if it is worth leveling the summons and what are the recommended summons when doing quest and killing mobs?
Post edited by SaintClerity - Archosaur on

Comments

• Odinna - Dreamweaver
    Odinna - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Summons are ur allies, Devil Chihyu is the physical tanker, Storm Mistress (AoE DD) is the magical one, Salvation is for support (great protection buffs) and Cragglord is a 60s DD (a lot of Damage and AoE) all depends in what u want to do, for me always use Chihyu on phisicals and Mistress as a DD or magicals, i considered em my right hand. I use Salvation when im the main healer as a protection aliies, and the Cragg is for big pulls in FC specially or bosses with AoE that kill my Mistress.

Salvation and Cragg get importance when u start doing compicated tasks as FC, arround 70-75 or bosses if u want to solo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You so much Silvy for the sig! b:pleased
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I just wanted to know if it is worth leveling the summons and what are the recommended summons when doing quest and killing mobs?

Level the summons skills don't affect their stats, but only the effect that energy leech give you when you sacrifice them.

Energy leech is a skill who sacrifice your summon to get a status, exemple if you energy leech on your Devil Chihyu, the Devil Chihyu disapear and you go a % physical defense bonus and a % critical hit bonus for 20 seconds, Mistress give you a % magic attack bonus for 20 seconds, Salvation is a shield which absorb damage and give you a falling petal for 30 seconds, Cragg cannot be use with energy leech, so the level of your summon skill change the % of the energy leech will give you.

At low level i personally wasn't using energy leech a lot, but more you level more you might use it and eventually when you gonna be demon or sage the summons skills level 11 give your summons a third skill. (Both demon and sage give the same third skill)

The stats of your summons like hp, defense, attack, etc.. go with the level of your summons, so since they are always the same level then you, when you level up, they level up and gain a bit more hp, attack, defense..... just like you.

Here the link for the skills, so you can see each level of skills: http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ["]Summons are ur allies, Devil Chihyu is the physical tanker

Quit mystic and roll veno: You're doing mystic wrong.
  • eldeljea
    eldeljea Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    thumbs wrote: »
    Quit mystic and roll veno: You're doing mystic wrong.

Actually devil is a very good tank for lower lvls and veno pets arent that much better tanks ijs.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    eldeljea wrote: »
    Actually devil is a very good tank for lower lvls and veno pets arent that much better tanks ijs.

If you wanna spend 10 years getting Mystic to 100: keep up thinking it's your tank. b:chuckle
  • Mickeylee - Dreamweaver
    Mickeylee - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Although the Mystics Summon Devil Chihyu isn't an outright tank, it can be used in some circumstances as a tank. Best use is to attack the desired monster first with you summon and after the creature focuses its attack on it, you can start attacking it with natures vengeance, absorb soul, swirling Midst - and healing your summon. This decreases the damage your Avatar takes and helps to minimize those costly armor repairs.
    Play around with attacking monsters and bosses from above their heads, using your flyer, send down your devil chihyu while directly above their head - let him attack them first - you might just be delightfully surprised with the outcome of most of these while in the world area if you get your timing right.
    edited June 2012
    I don't think Devil is a tank as a herc is for veno.
    I was able to solo stuff on mystic due to the fact i can heal myself (vital herb and falling petal FTW) and normally on Devil i always get aggro.

I answered her question about if that worth to level the summons (yes cause later lvl 11 give 3th skill), her second question when use which summons, overall normally i use mistress when i quest cause she deal more damage than devil, she even got aggro on some mobs. Low level i was using more Devil but now i just use mistress for quests, you can go try both of them on the same mob, kill one mob with devil than kill a other with mistress compare their damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• eldeljea
    eldeljea Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    thumbs wrote: »
    If you wanna spend 10 years getting Mystic to 100: keep up thinking it's your tank. b:chuckle

I said devil is a good tank for LOWER lvls. And seriously herc is also only good for low lvls or can your herc tank nirv/bh100/tt3-x/...??
    And btw i am already lvl 100.
  • Odinna - Dreamweaver
    Odinna - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If Chy do the first hit (with damage skill or stun one) the agro he gets gives me time to

●Nature's Vengeance +
    ●Absorb Soul (harder dmg coz of ●Nature's Vengeance state) +
    ●Swirling Mist (mob dies smoth with the 2300 over time damage if it still alive) +
    ●Bramble Tornado +
    ●Nature's Vengeance

Last 2 if is necesary but the mob (same lvl or even 5 lvl higher) dies with the first 3 skills without any agro on the mystic. A lil less mana consumption, but is important in a mana burner like mystic.

Mistress, well she does great damage that let me do the same thing (but in range or aoe) without spendind too much in repairs (my armor) coz the mobs never touch me. Theres another skills combos but I like this one b:thanks Actually can use my mystic killing mobs fast and without any armor.

Well, I try to let the agro in my pet, is cheaper and I control it with ●Absorb Soul (idk why but it dont give me agro until the 3th consecutive cast of it). I have a 100 HA sage veno with herc (2008) and 100 sage mystic (2011) and I know how to have fun with my ladies. b:kiss

Everything depend on your playstyle, if u want the agro on you well get it on you if you want the agro on the pet well, is ok, get it on the pet. We can call it a "first shot decision", the first who hits will be the punching bag (with skill agro control obviously).

PS: All this is in PvE ... PvP is another history. And Im not a cashshoper or power lvling, I like the old days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You so much Silvy for the sig! b:pleased
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    eldeljea wrote: »
    I said devil is a good tank for LOWER lvls. And seriously herc is also only good for low lvls or can your herc tank nirv/bh100/tt3-x/...??
    And btw i am already lvl 100.

It's too bad you wasted all that MP on using a summons to tank. Before the expansion came out; it was made clear that the summons would not be efficient tanks.

Before the last update; Herc could tank the bosses in Aba, and SoT. I rarely go into TT so wouldn't know other than for soloing Djinn with Scorpion. Herc can tank some of the stuff in Nirvana, but why does that matter? You have Verdant Shell, and Self Heals by Lvl. 9.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Level the summons skills don't affect their stats, but only the effect that energy leech give you when you sacrifice them.

Yes it does. At lvl 1, summons only gain 5% of the benefits from your gear, increasing by 5% per lvl, capping at 50% max lvl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Agiya - Raging Tide
    Agiya - Raging Tide Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    tweakz wrote: »
    It's too bad you wasted all that MP on using a summons to tank. Before the expansion came out; it was made clear that the summons would not be efficient tanks.

Before the last update; Herc could tank the bosses in Aba, and SoT. I rarely go into TT so wouldn't know other than for soloing Djinn with Scorpion. Herc can tank some of the stuff in Nirvana, but why does that matter? You have Verdant Shell, and Self Heals by Lvl. 9.

Im not sure but I dont think he/she is talking about tanking bosses or being the main tank in any squad at all - unless he/she is making one of those combo HA/AA Mystics, but at LOWER levels I seemed to get very strong very fast & pulled a lot of aggro (which is how I came about playing front line), if it wasnt for Devil intercepting whatever came rushing my way, my Mystic would have been one dead duck and Id probably have never gotten beyond level 50 with it. To me at that point, he was and still is a Tank Summon too.

I used my Devil right up until level 90 (I'm not saying thats the best, it just is what it is), then I switched to mostly using Stormy. The last summon I bothered to level and learn about was Craggy, but thats all due to how I happen to play my Mystic, and due to the Mystics versatility as a character, everyone seems to do things a bit different.

Not having enough Spirit to keep everything leveled at once was a big issue for me (some would include coin along with the spirit), and as for the question of what Summon to bother leveling, I would say bother to level the SPELLS you use the most including Summons. Eventually you will have tons of spirit and everything leveled up, with more Spirit than anyone needs.

The one Summon I happen to use the least now is Sally, but if you are a primarily Healing Mystic, you might want to level her up quickly - its all according to how you play your Mystic. By the time you are 85 and doing FC regularly you will need her leveled up to place Aegean Shield on the tank for the two big pulls in that instance. By the time you are 100 you will want Craggy leveled up for Delta.
    Oh carrots are devine, you get a dozen for a dime...its maaaa-gic! ~ Bugs Bunny
    edited June 2012
    Yes it does. At lvl 1, summons only gain 5% of the benefits from your gear, increasing by 5% per lvl, capping at 50% max lvl.

I knew that the gears affect pets stats but i didn't know that was 5% each level, i didn't saw that in guide or on pet skill description unless i miss it.

Thank for the info.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    tweakz wrote: »

With 3 buffs and pounce (bash replacing usually) and 4.5k ish HP from a level 100 herc? Troll harder please.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Not sure why someone wouldn't use devil to tank in the lower lvls, but after that it's nto really worth it. Pretty much like non legendary pets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Agiya - Raging Tide
    Agiya - Raging Tide Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I pulled Devil recently while killing Passions Messengers. It was by accident that I pulled him (clicked the wrong button after ELing Stormy) but let him do the grind with me because it didnt really matter. I was tickled to see Devil still has a use at high levels. He seemed a lot more effective than Stormy on them, and the short grind went much quicker.
    Oh carrots are devine, you get a dozen for a dime...its maaaa-gic! ~ Bugs Bunny