Grinding

Kiseop - Harshlands
Kiseop - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Venomancer
What's the best way of grinding if you're not a casher?
Post edited by Kiseop - Harshlands on

Comments

• Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    as a veno? One mob at a time.

Send pet.
    Hit it till it dies
    repeat
    ?????
    Profit!

In all seriousness, just kill stuff however you want. Eventually you'll find a rhythm that works for you.
  • Kiseop - Harshlands
    Kiseop - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    but what mob?
    edited June 2012
    but what mob?

Any mob that's around your level. Go out and experiment, find what works and what doesn't. Also, keep an eye out for earth mobs, they tend to be easier for venos to kill.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Any mob that's around your level. Go out and experiment, find what works and what doesn't. Also, keep an eye out for earth mobs, they tend to be easier for venos to kill.

That is, until you hit the appropriate level and do the quests to unlock Old Heaven's Tear, Old Unicorn Forest and so forth.

These maps have mobs that are level 150, but have 5 times less HP than most normal mobs at level 100. This is because the level difference causes player characters to hit 75% less damage on them, but pets are unaffected by this. About any pet can kill these mobs in like 3 seconds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    That is, until you hit the appropriate level and do the quests to unlock Old Heaven's Tear, Old Unicorn Forest and so forth.

These maps have mobs that are level 150, but have 5 times less HP than most normal mobs at level 100. This is because the level difference causes player characters to hit 75% less damage on them, but pets are unaffected by this. About any pet can kill these mobs in like 3 seconds.

This , the amount of High lvl DQ items and each coin drop ranging from 300-1200k is amazing.

However you really need to be careful , the mobs can easily gank you and kill you in a few hits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Zoe_KitKat - Sanctuary
    Zoe_KitKat - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012

I completely agree with this! b:pleased
    edited June 2012
    This , the amount of High lvl DQ items and each coin drop ranging from 300-1200k is amazing.

However you really need to be careful , the mobs can easily gank you and kill you in a few hits.

In old valley of the scarred, I can pull 20-30 melee mobs without dying. And I'm pure magic.

Unicorn forest and moonshade desert though....those maps suck. b:cry
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    In old valley of the scarred, I can pull 20-30 melee mobs without dying. And I'm pure magic.

Unicorn forest and moonshade desert though....those maps suck. b:cry

no i meant the OHT mobs , especially when lower level. I have had many awful pet deaths from Sneaker Messengers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue