Aps Veno

dupethefile
dupethefile Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Venomancer
http://pwcalc.com/br/cf39cc62c918c86a
Is this aps build good? Is there a daimon skill or potion that increase the aps? What is the max aps that a veno get?
Post edited by dupethefile on

Comments

• Ivienn - Lost City
    Ivienn - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I played pm pwi calculator once with aps veno and it's possible to make LA 4aps veno that can wear 100lvl magic weapon...but it is a bit expensive build since it needs lot of high lvl engraving and some rare items. Is it worth it I'm not really sure.
  • dupethefile
    edited June 2012
    I played pm pwi calculator once with aps veno and it's possible to make LA 4aps veno that can wear 100lvl magic weapon...but it is a bit expensive build since it needs lot of high lvl engraving and some rare items. Is it worth it I'm not really sure.

But how can i get 4 aps? Can you demonstrate this set/build in pwcalc?
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    No they can't , Using Fists and Claws with a LA build doesnt enable you to fox form , you lose damage and get no bonuses from Spark that can increase you APS.

There is also no such apothecary to help with this

Either Stay HA/Arcane or pure Arcane , APS on veno is a sick and awful idea. Venos are Skill users , they aren't meant to be APS freaks , there is a limit to all such things , and let's not try to surpass it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626
    Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    No its not a good build

But I got some tips i hope you will find usefull if you wish to be a physical hitting veno.

Use magic SWORD if u plan dealing damage in foxform - way higher damage than the wand u added on pwcalc.
    Heavy armor veno arent that good for APS builds. Go heavy armor if u want the DEFENSE, and drop those evasion belts for sure.
    Going APS build (i mean a mix of APS and caster, if u go pure aps make a sin instead) i would for sure say Light armor. u can get so much more aps together with DD. You will be able to wear both vana fists and vana magical weapons with this build. This is not possible with heavy armor due to the high str needed for wear that kind of armor - and a heavy armor veno that cant wear fists loose all the int.

With the Light armor build you can be 4aps, or say 5aps with windshield. Demon venos do not have the increased attack rate like other melee classes, but the tripple spark adds 750% more physical damage, which is higher than ANY other melee classes (they got 500%).

This means a sparked demon veno also out DD a sparked sage veno, both in human and foxform, even tho a sage veno got 200% more physical damage in foxform, where demon only got 150%.

Take in mind you can NOT wear fists in foxform

Thats just what i came to think of.
    Well, i would suggest pure mag veno anyways lol and dont really see the fun of a aps veno. But thats my taste. I'm heavy armor veno, going pure mag whenever i get my second r9 piece, because i miss the hiiiigh magical damage.
  • bearyflair
    bearyflair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I wish that ppl would stop rolling APS on every class and actually play the classes as they're supposed to be played. APS on Veno = FAIL, you'd be totally useless. Venos need a magic weapon for all of their skills or need to go without a weapon (which would be dumb). Venos are casters so please leave them as casters and go make a Sin or BM if you want an APS toon that bad.
  • Ivienn - Lost City
    Ivienn - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I wish I have saved what I played with. But yeah you could aps only in normal form and it's not worth it. Built is the same as if you wanted to make 4aps sage sin just without r8 plate for example and with claw instead of dagger.

It's not worth it. You loose defense and your attack isn't the best. For aps make sin or bm.
  • Azuraeclipse - Archosaur
    Azuraeclipse - Archosaur Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Its not a good build.

Stick with HA/AA-HA/AA

a small amount of dps helps in fox form but don't go full out aps..
    I Laugh in the face of danger, Then I hide until it goes away :3
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    bearyflair wrote: »
    I wish that ppl would stop rolling APS on every class and actually play the classes as they're supposed to be played.

:/

Yeah, a veno can go APS if you have the money and whatnot but I don't see the point in that. Why would you want an APS veno? Might as well make APS Clerics..b:sweat
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    :/

Yeah, a veno can go APS if you have the money and whatnot but I don't see the point in that. Why would you want an APS veno? Might as well make APS Clerics..b:sweat

Really sorry but we all know that Heavy Armor Axe clerics are far more effective than Fist ones ........................ b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Learn what's bramble, learn to amplify and learn when purge.
    For the rest do w/e you want, if you know your class who care about your build, the majority of AA on my server don't even know what's bramble, don't know they can amplify and don't even know when purge and they don't want pass chi cause they want trip' spark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well, venos are not just bramble, lending hand, amplify damage and purge. There's more to them than just that..

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well, venos are not just bramble, lending hand, amplify damage and purge. There's more to them than just that..

Unfortunately this is what happens when people and most venos think we venos are a support classb:cry

Koff''Solandri''koff
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    keep in mind venos only get 4 chi per attack, so that means 4 aps is not permaspark
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • dupethefile
    edited June 2012
    I don't mind if this build is very expensive, my question is what's the equipments i should put to get 4 aps?
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I don't mind if this build is very expensive, my question is what's the equipments i should put to get 4 aps?

http://pwcalc.com/1bc40ecdcbe37fd9

One 4 aps claw veno. Kind of a useless build if you ask me.
  • dupethefile
    edited June 2012
    http://pwcalc.com/1bc40ecdcbe37fd9

One 4 aps claw veno. Kind of a useless build if you ask me.

Isn't there any manner to get 4 aps using a magic weapon? Because i wanna use skills.
    edited June 2012
    Isn't there any manner to get 4 aps using a magic weapon? Because i wanna use skills.

It's impossible to reach 4 aps with a magic weapon for 2 reasons:

1) Magic weapons have less base attack speed than fists/claws

2) Magic weapons cannot have -interval bonuses

http://pwcalc.com/2dd1a91fb81e4990

2.5 base aps with a magic sword. That's the absolute highest aps I could come up with using a magic weapon. Also keep in mind, OHT gloves with 3 -interval stats are virtually non-existent.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My friend made LA OHT wrist the other day and got both chan and interval on it that was funny to see. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • dupethefile
    edited June 2012
    It's impossible to reach 4 aps with a magic weapon for 2 reasons:

1) Magic weapons have less base attack speed than fists/claws

2) Magic weapons cannot have -interval bonuses

http://pwcalc.com/2dd1a91fb81e4990

2.5 base aps with a magic sword. That's the absolute highest aps I could come up with using a magic weapon. Also keep in mind, OHT gloves with 3 -interval stats are virtually non-existent.

So, i give up. For put a claw and only punch, i don't want. And 2.5 aps with magical weapon is a litlle interval. So i will continue with my actual build, a arcane veno.
    Thank you for the awnsers!!!
  • Azuraeclipse - Archosaur
    Azuraeclipse - Archosaur Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So, i give up. For put a claw and only punch, i don't want. And 2.5 aps with magical weapon is a litlle interval. So i will continue with my actual build, a arcane veno.
    Thank you for the awnsers!!!

2.5 aps in fox form helps. (Saying that lightly)

but really depends if your more better for fox form physical attacks or you like being a caster?

Though i find it funny to watch a 2.5 aps veno in fox form is like fast forward x 10 XD
    I Laugh in the face of danger, Then I hide until it goes away :3
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    An APS veno (combined with good casting and magic gear) is fine if a character who can switch up between magic and melee is what you find fun. If you calculate the marginal DPS increase for the easier pieces of APS gear (e.g. L90 gold TT heavy sleeves, you'll find that they're the cheapest way to increase melee DPS (compared to, say, investing that money in weapon refines). So a moderate amount of APS is your most cost-effective choice for increasing DPS on a melee veno. (Or was - I don't play enough to know what TT mat prices are like now.)

It used to be that (unfortunately) APS was the way to maximize DPS on the veno. The way refining bonuses on magical swords work favors APS melee over casting. That may have changed with R9 gear, since the pataka is fine for casting but sucks for APS. I don't play enough anymore to bother working out the math comparing R8 to G15, and R9 to G16 magic swords. But if you're trying to make an APS veno who does nothing but APS for the sole purpose of maximizing DPS, then you should probably switch to a BM or assassin. They can reach higher (solo) DPS more easily and cheaply. An archer is also a good candidate since they do very good ranged damage like spellcasters, and good APS melee damage.
    akosireann wrote: »
    Unfortunately this is what happens when people and most venos think we venos are a support classb:cry

Koff''Solandri''koff
    To be clear, I've never advocated any particular type of playstyle. I've always advocated that people do whatever they find most fun. It's a game, it's supposed to be fun. If it's not fun, what's the point of playing?

What I've said though is that the veno's design means the support skills represent a large part of her contribution to the group. If you choose to neglect them, understand that you are skipping out on a large part of the veno's potential.

This was mostly directed at venos who absolutely refused to Amp in a squad because they thought it wasn't worth 6 seconds in fox form. While the veno is playable that way, you're like a BM who refuses to HF (literally - the percent bonus over time to group DPS for the two skills is nearly identical). In most squads, the loss of 6 seconds of your casting damage is tiny compared to the increase in group damage from Amp.

It wasn't supposed to mean that veno DD sucked. It was supposed to mean that Amp is a really, really, REALLY good skill in squads - among the best damage skills in the game. If your fun comes from maximizing damage, then it's definitely a skill you want to be using.
    edited June 2012
    snip

I would argue that the high base attack, combined with the +30 attack levels, makes the rank 9 pataka a fine melee weapon. You aren't going to get the same APS, but I think you could get away with skill spamming quite well as an HA veno.

The skills themselves are quite useful as well. Leech to recover a bit of HP, befuddling mist to decrease accuracy/slow (if demon), fox wallop, stunning blow, etc.

I don't really want to do the math and compare G16 nirvana with rank 9, but G16 nirvana has two things going for it. It refines as G16, where rank 9 refines as G14, and it has +40 attack levels, putting it on par with second cast rank 9 (comparing just the weapon).