Faction rivalry

Options
Saethos - Raging Tide
Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
So, on my server we get a lot of world chat arguments involving rival factions. Meh, stuff happens, people will argue, haters gonna hate, there is no stopping rival factions from existing...Rival factions will argue like a good dog will bark at a murderer...

But every day I log onto the forums and hover my cursor over the Raging Tide section, before clicking, I think ti myself, "What kind of ****storm will be in here today?"

And then I enter and feast my eyes on the entire section being flooded with rage at opposing factions and everyone hating on everyone...

Now to the point. I'm too lazy to look at each section, so...are all other servers like this> I mean, maybe it's just me, but I'd rather fight nice fights, be fair, and not gank and roflstomp when I see someone I can kill. Challenging someone new to the PK gameplay? Sure, see what skill they got. But it seems these guys just want to see everyone from the other faction dead and have no fun in the actual fighting...

I guess there's only a handfull of people who want clean fair fights on my server...Dunno about you guys but that r9/Nirvana +10 doesn't seem very fun when killing that TT90/TT99/Lunar +5...Isn't the point of a game to have fun? Are challenges not fun anymore?
It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
Post edited by Saethos - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Erryne - Sanctuary
    Erryne - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Sanctuary sub section is pretty empty, rarely getting activity outside of around TW time these day. There are exception of course, but that's about it.
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    V_m_ - Harshlands Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    harshlands... we have some faction rivalries going but nothing as serious as you make yours sound. sure we have our wars but ive never seen any one faction spewing hate at another faction over wc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"perfect world isnt perfect, but its better than this so called "reality""
  • robindra
    robindra Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    Options
    lol bro i hear u....its annoying to listen to ms_mav argueing all over world chat for the last 3 hrs XD
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    World chat gets occasional bursts of things like this, but its not that bad on DW. I don't what they say amongst each other, but they at least usually leave it out of world chat for the most part. More like spammers talking inappropriately, making jokes, or singing as far as wc spam goes on DW. I guess the server name is getting to people's heads. It's not called raging tide because they want you to rage on wc people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Does this thread have a point?
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    The developers should give us unlimited black list space, would solve EVERYTHING!
  • Mordenita - Dreamweaver
    Mordenita - Dreamweaver Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Pretty sure this happens on every server.. (faction rivalries i mean)
    Don't like me? That's fine everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But Don't disrespect me I wont Disrespect you.b:mischievous
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    ive never seen any one faction spewing hate at another faction over wc.

WTF?! b:shockedb:puzzled
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    DW has too many WC idiots constantly spamming so it makes it hard for good, honest, hard-working trolls like me to fling **** at other factions...
    b:sad
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    All i read is bla bla bla.

Most QQ goes: QQQQQQQQQQ cant beat top faction derp. Lets trashtalk them and tell them how mean they are for taking tw away from other factions. QQQQQQQQQQQ that cleric slept me *makes thread about it*. HAHAHAHA we won that makes us top faction now - considering winning in a 3 way gank as a win is funny to view. *next week comes* OMG YOU ****!!! QQQQQQQQQQ!!!

That pretty much sums up the rivalry. As for me i don't care whether we win or lose as long as i have fun.

@venus - you forgot the fox riding a tricycle spam.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Sanctuary sub section is pretty empty, rarely getting activity outside of around TW time these day. There are exception of course, but that's about it.

This is pretty much HT Forums.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Pretty sure this happens on every server.. (faction rivalries i mean)
    Well yeah, faction rivalrys are kinda fun, and it always will happen, I just don't see why it would be taken so personaly

Most QQ goes: QQQQQQQQQQ cant beat top faction derp. Lets trashtalk them and tell them how mean they are for taking tw away from other factions. QQQQQQQQQQQ that cleric slept me *makes thread about it*. HAHAHAHA we won that makes us top faction now - considering winning in a 3 way gank as a win is funny to view. *next week comes* OMG YOU ****!!! QQQQQQQQQQ!!!

That pretty much sums up the rivalry. As for me i don't care whether we win or lose as long as i have fun.

@venus - you forgot the fox riding a tricycle spam.

Congrats, you didn't read a damn thing I wrote!

I don't really care if I can't beat the top faction (s)...In fact, if my faction could, that'd be pathetic seeing as my faction recruits 50+ and has maybe 12 100+ and only 4 of us are really well geared...Besides, nothing was said about me personally even facing the top/rivaling factions.

Or are you trying to say I want to take over the world?
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • StarianNight - Dreamweaver
    StarianNight - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Well, thing is, in every single faction, there's the bad apples... I mean I personally really don't understand why people put a stigma on a whole faction just because of one or two people in it that they don't like. For example, when I am in PK mode (most of the time), I have to really be careful of some well known people who KOS people in the faction I belong to ._." and almost 100% of the time, i've never ever met the people who KOS me just because of the faction I'm in, which is just plainly sad.

Also, my friendship with someone became messed up just because I joined the faction b:surrender I don't really understand that, I'm still me. I'm not going to into an annoying b*tch just because i changed faction -shrugs-
  • Erryne - Sanctuary
    Erryne - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Actually, Mitachi wasn't mocking you, from what I can read, she was simply reporting truer than life what happen often on the WC of dreamweaver concerning the subject of rivalry in TW.

Speaking of WC, I now notice I forgot to speak about Sanctuary.... which is pretty much the same as other server really, got our occasional troll and people taking bad taste joke too far, as well as the occasionnal QQ for a matter or an another. And then we also got the aftermath for some of the major/mid TW also.

And I miss that show. :/
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    WC on RT should be lower depthed. Whether it is the pk smack talk or OP spamming senseless stuff.

I should merch teles though
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Actually, Mitachi wasn't mocking you, from what I can read, she was simply reporting truer than life what happen often on the WC of dreamweaver concerning the subject of rivalry in TW.

Speaking of WC, I now notice I forgot to speak about Sanctuary.... which is pretty much the same as other server really, got our occasional troll and people taking bad taste joke too far, as well as the occasionnal QQ for a matter or an another. And then we also got the aftermath for some of the major/mid TW also.

And I miss that show. :/

Oh o.O Missinterpretation, my bad
    WC on RT should be lower depthed. Whether it is the pk smack talk or OP spamming senseless stuff.

I should merch teles though

I was bored and in vent QQ
  • Nethare - Dreamweaver
    Nethare - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

Lets trashtalk them and tell them how mean they are for taking tw away from other factions. HAHAHAHA we won that makes us top faction now - considering winning in a 3 way gank as a win is funny to view. *next week comes* OMG YOU ****!!! QQQQQQQQQQ!!!

Um what are you talking about? I may not world chat much but I don't see any of the factions on DW really participating in this kind of behavior (certainly not mine or any of the other top level TW factions, including yours). We don't even have that intense of a rivalry. I guess that is just one zombie's view on it (remember we are supposed to be the dying faction or something).

More on topic: I like the world chat on Dreamweaver and for the most part our factions are friendly and casual. We had a bit of a hiccup recently with one faction PKing in teams of R9s but they have taken their serious competitive spirit to the TW map (respectable of them, ty Gladio.)
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    It's all about connections ;)

If I wanna have fun in pvp, I just ask some people I know if they want to 1v1 or something. I really and thoroughly enjoy those more than the getting destroyed or destroying people unfairly at west or anywhere where there's PK.

Other than that faction rivalries will exist, and there's not much you can do about that.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    It's all about connections ;)

If I wanna have fun in pvp, I just ask some people I know if they want to 1v1 or something. I really and thoroughly enjoy those more than the getting destroyed or destroying people unfairly at west or anywhere where there's PK.

Yeah, same here. I have some friends equally geared with me I tend to have a lot of fun with.
    Other than that faction rivalries will exist, and there's not much you can do about that.
    Yeah, I just wish it wasn't so serious
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Well some factions have some old history that makes things serious, mainly because people who are from that far back that still play know exactly all the good/bad things other people do, and that sticks with them, so sometimes things do get serious.

I guess that's my reasoning/take on it.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Well some factions have some old history that makes things serious, mainly because people who are from that far back that still play know exactly all the good/bad things other people do, and that sticks with them, so sometimes things do get serious.

I guess that's my reasoning/take on it.

Well, I also know a bit of history as I came into the game when QQme was just forming, I just...can't personally understand such strong feelings for a game...
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Egos.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Valid point is valid.
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I think its pretty much the same wherever you go mate. Sanctuary has WC drama with Vindicate vs others ....just the way it is.

As long as there are 3 people on this earth, someone is going to harbour ill will.
  • bearyflair
    bearyflair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Well on Sanctuary, when the kiddies from some factions (mainly RavenTail) are bored they go out on WC and troll around, braggin about how good they are cuz they killed ppl from the faction they hate (mainly Vindicate), despite getting killed many times by them before that day.

On occasions you got the QQ about TWs cuz of ppl from the winning faction spawn-killing ppl from the losing faction after the TW is over, and some whining when a winning faction spam recruits in WC right after winning the TW.
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    The only reason everyone trash talks on RT is cus they're not as good looking as me or play as good as me. True story. b:cute

I thought Sanctuary were hand in hand with out trash talking cus I remember when I played there once you put up Nefarious or Legendary on worldchat hell would break loose.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    My thoughts on reading this thread :
    1) There is a "Sanctuary" subforum ?! b:surprised
    2) WC... ugh... yellow chat has been banned from my screen ages ago. It only gives drama and fail squads.
    3) I know about some rivallery between faction on or server, but it's mainly attention seeking really. I come accros squads with ppl from "rival factions" way to often to take some WC attention seekers seriously.
  • Gromril - Raging Tide
    Gromril - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    You're right Saethos, the oral defication on RT is horrible. it's really only a few people over and over so i just BL them. I found though that after a few months those people get bored and go away, clearing room for the next set of BL :) Or there's the option of just turning off wc unless you need something.
  • WynterDawn - Archosaur
    WynterDawn - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Maybe I haven't been around long enough, or I haven't deciphered my world chat. I haven't noticed any raging while on Arch. Then again, it could be when I'm logged in. I'm on the east coast but our friend who got us into PWI plays on Arch, so it could be the time zone issues or that I'm playing PvE and not PvP?
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited June 2012
    Options
    You're right Saethos, the oral defication on RT is horrible. it's really only a few people over and over so i just BL them. I found though that after a few months those people get bored and go away, clearing room for the next set of BL :) Or there's the option of just turning off wc unless you need something.

Reminds me, i should clear out my BL...
    Maybe I haven't been around long enough, or I haven't deciphered my world chat. I haven't noticed any raging while on Arch. Then again, it could be when I'm logged in. I'm on the east coast but our friend who got us into PWI plays on Arch, so it could be the time zone issues or that I'm playing PvE and not PvP?

RT is PvE as well, could jsut be the hours, I've never been on Arch before either, so...