7 hours and half way verifying

Options
magyarwarlord
magyarwarlord Posts: 46 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
this is just retarted i never have had to wait 7 hours for any type of download the pwi servers are so slow. Im only half way done what a hole day waisted.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Tons of people doing the same thing, of course it's going to be slow.

You should've been smarter and downloaded the manual patch. I did and was among the first people on my server to be online after the expansion went on.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Kairu_ - Sanctuary
    Kairu_ - Sanctuary Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    then manual patch it which goes pretty damn fast

i can't maual patch atm since i don't have admin privalages on this comp and pwi is on a secondary hard drive that i'm running it from
  • XShizuko - Dreamweaver
    XShizuko - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    OH MAH GAWD, MY LOVELY PEOPLE,
    DO NOT, and I say this with meaning, DO NOT EVEN GET ME STARTED.

b:shutup
    [SIGPIC]http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8250/lollr.gif[/SIGPIC]

この静かな夜に...
    In this silent night...

在这宁【静】的夜晚中
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Started download at 1 pm, left house

Got hom just now at 9:20 pm. Download finished with pop-up to let me know to update my DirectX to 9.0c

So...What, a little over 8 hrs total?
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    then manual patch it which goes pretty damn fast

i can't maual patch atm since i don't have admin privalages on this comp and pwi is on a secondary hard drive that i'm running it from

I'm manually patching on a fast connection and its taking forever.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • hiddenmonkey
    hiddenmonkey Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Serious? You have a really bad computer or connection to take 7 hours to verify b:surrender
  • GallaxXIII - Sanctuary
    GallaxXIII - Sanctuary Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    like ive seen before. updating and verifying, is as dumb as downloading and uninstalling. too many programs running causes conflict.
    Objective: Complete
  • blazingstars2
    blazingstars2 Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Started the download at 3pm yesterday went to bed at 11:30 (not even half way). Got up at 6 have no idea what the heck it did to puter had to system restore. Went to site at 6:25 am DL manual patch. 7:46 now at 1/8th of the way to verification. My XBox is starting to look more appealing then PW now. b:surrender
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2012
    Options
    People with decent internet connections and computers that are newer than 5 years old and aren't loaded with bloatware, overly fragmented hard drives, or background processes aren't having any issue.

For those that are having issues, get a better system, clean up the one you're on, or stop trying to play MMO's on slow bandwidth. (If your internet speed is 1.5MB/s or less, it qualifies as slow.)

Don't blame the company just because your system sucks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    this is just retarted i never have had to wait 7 hours for any type of download the pwi servers are so slow. Im only half way done what a hole day waisted.

Whole day wasted? what are you like, sitting at your computer watching it verify or something b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    :: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
  • blazingstars2
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well I dunno know bout that. Lappy is less then 2 years Broadband ofc imma clean freak even on my puter >.> ( desk tops so clean it scares even me o.o) Hell I wont even do FB or put screen savers on this puppy (see scary isnt it haha) . Dun think thats it just huge huge files take time. Might have been better if they broke it up like they always used to do years ago.
  • blazingstars2
    edited February 2012
    Options
    whole Day Wasted? What Are You Like, Sitting At Your Computer Watching It Verify Or Something B:shocked

Lmao!!
  • Skilled_Fox - Sanctuary
    Skilled_Fox - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Yay Thnx Manual Patch.... I Launch Patcher To Launch PWI :D b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    necro.... and you make no sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.