Warsong - FULL and "Elite"

Options
Elodiee - Harshlands
Elodiee - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
So after hours of scouring any content for this instance regarding the new update; I came up with zilch! So when in doubt, do it yourself. I decided to pull together a squad to have a go at farming some of these new molds PW released in the update today. SO here's how we did it.

Its pretty simple to start with, as if your about to do BH Warsong, 12 mirages, squad of 6 equally balanced classes, off you go clearing down the route towards Snakefist.
We had a decent barb, cleric, bm, wizard, psychic and a sin for BP. We did switch the psychic in the end with a veno as he had to leave. I would say your ideal squad should be

Barb - with around 20k hp and charmed
Cleric - and charmed
BM - with decent dmg
Sin - BP
Wizard OR Seeeker
Veno - needed *I'll explain*

The squad MUST consist of pretty decent geared people, no TT99 squads for this!!

We killed Snake and once it died, an NPC spawned. Clicking this NPC and opening the quest will result in the new "Vile: Snakefist Guardian" to spawn. With more hp, more defense and a funny little skill that turns the entire squad into frogs. It doesn't interupt BB though which is nice.

warson10.jpg

Make sure that if you are doing this instance for molds to have your squad set on FREE and everyone knowing what mat they need for their recast. As we discovered the molds are not tradeable so once you have it, thats it.
You also gain Basic Badge's when completing the quest boss you spawned - which are needed for any recasting to take place. 30 for each piece of gear infact.

The instance overall remained fairy simple, we went along to Cannon, killed the first boss, spawned the "Vile" version, another mold - so on and so forth.

3rd boss requires you to kill it a few times before it spawns the real version. That's where you need a good barb to tank all the mobs and grab boss's soon as they spawn.
Once killed, spawning the quest "vile" version is more challenging. This is where the veno comes in handy. The boss itself has a healing skill which makes it almost impossible to kill without a purge or amp of some kind. Shouldnt take you too long to take it down as you have a good DD'ing squad b:laugh.

Continue to 4th boss, this one is slightly more tricky and requires the CHARMS i mentioned earlier, especially for any tanking class's including sins if you plan to take aggro *not wise unless you can handle it* as we experienced. The boss purge's and stuns through the entire killing process, we did almost experience a squad wipe but - obviously survived otherwise I wouldn't be telling the story!

The final boss is really easy, but it does bubble you occassionally so just watch out for that.
We gathered every boss drop's a mold of some sort, we only got R9 molds though, so if anyone can confirm this instance drops the Nirvana versions too that'd be great.
It took us about 3hours overall - we did switch a few members around as I stated earlier.

warson11.jpg

Special thanks to KYLIN and the cleric/bm that assisted us throughout our little experiment!!!
Next on to-do list Lunar b:victory
Post edited by Elodiee - Harshlands on

Comments

• Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    hmm i know about the badges and molds but the question is how to get those.. essence of offense or deffense drops for recast? I've heard a rumour that it drops from the final boss that spawns after u kill all 4 "vile" versions first, but haven't done full warsong yet today so been wondering if thats true. Also if it's the final boss droping those mats, how many does he drop? is it just one drop like the molds or does everyone get one after killing it just like with the Basic Badges?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • Elodiee - Harshlands
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Those drops are from all the boss's we killed. Apart from 1 which i forgot to screenie. The final boss dropped another mold - I heard a rumor that the essence's drop from the Morai instance but I'd have to try it to find out.
    5 boss's 1 mold per boss and everyone automatically gets a basic badge upon killing. You just have to assign that mold to the person who actually needs it, like i said non tradeable.
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    Options
    yup ik XD done it twice, barb got the mold for his wrists once, the other time we were rly unlucky cuz we got the mold for mystic's r9 footwear.. and no mystic in squad b:chuckle
    Havent done Endless Universe yet either but about to try it out XD If u find out where do u get those essences would be great if u'd share the info :P ty b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • Elodiee - Harshlands
    edited May 2012
    Options
    :P ditto
  • Mekkhala - Lost City
    Mekkhala - Lost City Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I've completed the full Elite WS including the last boss, The Incarcerate. Squad had 2 archers, 2 clerics, 1 bm and 1 sin. The other run we did had 1 cleric, 2 archers, 2 sins, 1 barb. Tbh any DD class will do.

The last boss, The Incarcerate, is what drops the weapon molds and the Essence of Offense. To get this boss you need to defend every pavilion at the beginning. Treat this boss like the aps boss in HH. When you see it buff itself gtfo and run like mad, because it will aps you for crazy numbers. It will also spawn mobs that debuff the entire party. Your cleric needs a hefty hp pool to be of much use. My 10.2k and the other cleric's 10.8k wasn't enough to keep us alive.

Essence of Defense dropped from the last boss in Lunar (the BH path).

I only completed lunar once today so I don't know if it drops every time or if it's a chance drop.

Good luck farming!
  • Elodiee - Harshlands
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Awesome thank you for that :) did you get R9 molds only in warsong or some lunar too? I'm trying to establish if it only drops nirvana in lunar and r9 in warsong or a bit of both! because its funny they made 2 instances for mold farming.
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Warsong and lunar both drop r9 and vana molds. It is more along the line, that specific bosses drop a specific body piece. Let's say boss 1 drops chest piece for vana, r9, boss 2 is shoes and so forth. Not sure if one Boss 1 is r9 chest only, or for both. But some bosses drop both, others have dropped only r9. But there are so many molds, so might be a while.

Primal fear does drop essence of defense. Will try other bosses later. AEU is exp, books, apocs, has nothing to do with r9 or vana molds.

The rumours i see on the forums always make me chuckle. The best thing to do is do it yourself, or wait for ingame update to show the info, no point in spreading useless rumours.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I know this guide is about warsong, but I will say somethings about the advance lunar to compare the drops that had been obtained.

Did the advance Lunar version 3 times so far. We picked the right path all 3 times since Drake Fling can give chromatic tinders. Of the 3 times we did it, the final boss adv. Drak Fling gives just 1 defense essence and no mold. The 1st adv. boss may or may not drop a mold depending on your luck.

The 2nd adv. boss drops a mold all the time for r9 armor. I'm guessing that the only place to obtain essence of offense and weapon molds is from the 6th and final boss in Warsong?
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Warsong and lunar both drop r9 and vana molds. It is more along the line, that specific bosses drop a specific body piece. Let's say boss 1 drops chest piece for vana, r9, boss 2 is shoes and so forth. Not sure if one Boss 1 is r9 chest only, or for both. But some bosses drop both, others have dropped only r9. But there are so many molds, so might be a while.

Primal fear does drop essence of defense. Will try other bosses later. AEU is exp, books, apocs, has nothing to do with r9 or vana molds.

The rumours i see on the forums always make me chuckle. The best thing to do is do it yourself, or wait for ingame update to show the info, no point in spreading useless rumours.

well done snake 3 times yesterday.. at first he dropped Chest mold, than decond and third time it were footwear mold.. all r9 and I havent heard of anyone getting a nirvana mold in warsong yet o,o Dunno if they made it less possible to get in both instances or it drops only in Lunar.. Havent done Lunar yet so Im about to find out :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    well done snake 3 times yesterday.. at first he dropped Chest mold, than decond and third time it were footwear mold.. all r9 and I havent heard of anyone getting a nirvana mold in warsong yet o,o Dunno if they made it less possible to get in both instances or it drops only in Lunar.. Havent done Lunar yet so Im about to find out :o

Snakefist always drops boot mold. His drop table has 13 items in it: 10 R9 boots (one for each class) and 3 nirv boots (HA / AA / LA). All are equal chance which is why people see R9 more often.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • BlaneOfRegal - Heavens Tear
    BlaneOfRegal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Nirvana molds do drop in warsong. ive gotten the nirvana boots mold just by doing BH metal boss only. It as dropped 2x when ive done it the past 2 times for BH.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    you dont need 20k hp..nor charmed..thats for the weak and nubs.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Bobzl - Sanctuary
    Bobzl - Sanctuary Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    So I have done warsong a few times so far, and seeing as there isn't a guide for the last boss, I wrote my own. (First time writing a guide, so bear with me here)

The final boss, Incacerate is very challenging, but it does nothing randomly, so with enough coordination it isn't as difficult as it first appears.

It spawns five different mobs in total, and when they are spawned they should be the primary target of the squad, each mob will aoe for about 1-2k damage and each has its own special "skill".

The first one spawns right when you hit it, this mob only aoe seals aoe hits for some damage.

The second mob aoe freezes and debuffs your attack and cast rate by a huge amount, it also casts a single target occult ice that can chain stun someone.

The third mob spawns at about half hp, and this is where it gets a bit tricky, right after it spawns the boss will buff its attack speed, the buff can be purged, but the mob must be killed first or the boss will just rebuff itself. I would suggest having the tank IG when the 3rd mob spawns, allowing the squad enough time to kill the mob and purge the boss. If you don't have a veno in squad you can simply run, kiting the boss (you can run it around the square garden) until the buff wears off, which takes around 30 seconds or so.

The fourth mob casts a aoe purge and aoe seal.

The fifth and final mob makes the boss cast frenzy on itself, and it can 1 hit most people easily, so I would suggest using the same tactics as the 3rd mob spawn. Again, the frenzy buff can be purged, but the mob must be killed first or it will just rebuff.

BB should only be interrupted when the mobs spawn and when the 1st and 4th mob cast seal.

And if anyone in the squad dies, the best strategy I find is to simply have everyone stop attacking the boss, once the mob is dead and the boss is back to normal, the cleric should IH the tank (there is no random agro/aoes) to give time for the dead person (or people) to get back and get rebuffed. The same can be done after you kill the 4th so you can rebuff.

The squad set I would recommend would be:
    barb, to hold agro and tank while everyone is getting rebuffed,
    veno, to purge,
    cleric, obvious reasons
    and the final three can really be whoever is available

But, I have been able to kill it in squads where there was no veno and I was the tankiest person there (at 11k hp, uncharmed, but spamming pdef charms and demon wingspan), it did take 2 or 3 tries though.

So the best advice I can give is to take it slow give your squad time to recover; after the 3rd and 4th mob especially (yes I know there are probably squads that can kill it in 20 seconds, that's great, but this isn't written for them), don't try to kill the boss if there are no mobs there and half your squad are dead and the other half are unbuffed.

And the advanced version that you summon after is much easier, it spawns no mobs, does nothing special, and the cleric can just BB throughout. It will drop 2 weapon molds and 1 essence of offence 100% of the time.

EDIT: as people mentioned already, you need to defend all 5 pavilions at the start in order to face the incacerate.
  • Umikaa - Sanctuary
    Umikaa - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Great info guys. I'd really really like to get g16 weapon mold for my sword, so I'm all over this. What I'd like though, is a little info on defending the pavilions during the timer period. Is this difficult? Certain toons for certain paths? etc. Thanks for the help! :)
  • holydragonlink
    holydragonlink Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    u can get nirv molds in warsong....i have seen 2x snake dropped archangels feet molds but the selfish barb took it one time and the other the squad was random a sin got it
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Bob provided some great info.

I can add that I always see the mobs that spawn on Incarcerate anti-aps buff. It's worthwhile to always bring a Psy or Wizzie due to this. (I usually just switch to axes and skill spam)

Also, everyone asking for a Barb - I've done it once with a Barb. Totally un-needed as a BM or a decent HP Sin can tank everything, including Incarcerate if the mobs are killed fast enough.

Umikaa:

There used to be a great post on these...but alas I can't seem to find it.

Quick answer:
    Earth/Wood: Melee
    Fire/Metal: Caster or Archer
    Water: Melee or AOEr

In general:
    If you aren't a decent geared or buffed squad, if one of you gets a sac strike head, just restart if you don't think its gonna be dealable.

Have the cleric be the "floater" to help out if things go bad, or one defender needs some extra help.

Watch out for the "Die Together" text. If you do NOT run or immune (especially when you get a bunch of these), they explode a few seconds later doing damage. This can almost 1 shot most people, especially if they are already low on health. In weird situations they explode instantly instead of you having a few seconds to run (lag issues).

Purges are really, really random and it can happen in any lane. I've been purged by the 3 mob that spawned, I've been purged by the last mob that spawned. Ive been purged at least once in every lane.

Earth & Wood: Extremely simple: APS the mobs down, even the anti-aps ones. Sleep/Slow the head as necessary. (Kinda easy to keep the head at the end of a lane)

Fire & Metal: These mobs run as you hit them. Although doable with a good melee player, it is best to send a caster or archer at these. Even a cleric. The head in fire is easy to keep attention and far away, but sometimes it will reset on you. The head in Metal it is best to just sleep or put up with it due to the limited amount of room.

Water: Water is mostly a melee. But at times you'll get 4+ coming into the area, and there is a large area to group them, so its easy to AOE all of them. It's odd trying to control the head here as you AOE, just don't forget to keep his attention.

The issue with Fire and Metal as a melee class is the exploders will show up while you're chasing, and it's easy to be distracted or not well placed when they explode - and you die. Metal is the worst with this due to the limited amount of room.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • skp
    skp Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    So i quess that warsong is only for R9 players? i am still unclear on full and elite. Which one do you have to solo an area?
  • Belewein - Sanctuary
    Belewein - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I have gotten all my 3rd cast vana from Warsong. And only from doing Fire and Metal.. boots, sleeves, chest, pants. The only way to get the essence from armor is to do the Elite Warsong.. where you have to defend all the pavilions at the beginning.. then do the 5 pavilions and the 6th final boss. If you go to heart of city and just do the 5 lanes and bosses.. you wont get the essence. I have done the Elite Warsong quite a few times.. as the only cleric with only 7200hp buffed. The DD was just really good. So you dont have to be R9 to do Warsong... thats just plain silly.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I have gotten all my 3rd cast vana from Warsong. And only from doing Fire and Metal.. boots, sleeves, chest, pants.

Chest molds only drop from wood boss, can not be acquired from metal, fire. Might want to add that correction.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    I have gotten all my 3rd cast vana from Warsong. And only from doing Fire and Metal.. boots, sleeves, chest, pants.

vile metal drops boots and vile fire drops bracers. vile water gives pants, vile wood gives chest, vile earth gives belt/hat/cape.
    The only way to get the essence from armor is to do the Elite Warsong.. where you have to defend all the pavilions at the beginning.. then do the 5 pavilions and the 6th final boss.

vile incacerate drops essence of offense (weapon). ess of defense (armor) comes from lunar.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Personally, I have taken psychics(love them aoe purify) or mystics or archers to ws too. Why you be hatin on none aps D: Sins use TT99 for their aps gear. You can do ws with TT99 and do fine. you just need enough hp, defense, and damage. I have also done many, many ws without barbs and venos. All class can do ws, just as efficient as your squad set up. You dont need to limit yourself and be "classist" against other classes. Puller do not need 20k hp. I've gone with bms that has 10k hp and pull fine.
  • kashjr
    kashjr Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Does anyone have any pointers how to do the vile earth boss? We tried to take him on in a faction run and couldn't handle him. We have a sin and bm with around 10k hp, but he hit too hard for them to tank. When we tried to have a barb tank we didn't deal enough damage to cover his self heals.

Are we missing something or is he simply too hard for a squad that doesn't have more fire power? We can kill snakefist even though it's a little risky at times.
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    Lol at all the freakin useless guides that recommend using charms for pve. I hate having a charm on there because it just wastes it! I have to wonder if people write these guides because they're getting paid to.

Lol at ideal squad not having a mystic or a psy but rather HA in a heavily mag infested instance.

Better to say "I think", or question than suggest you know best. ;-)