New SOT boss sucks

13»

Comments

• Otonio - Heavens Tear
    Otonio - Heavens Tear Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    "baawww I can't aps everything in sight."

I have yet to do this boss with a barb in squad and we've never had a member die, so I dunno what you all are doing wrong. :]
    me lavo las manos con la sangre de newbitos
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    "baawww I can't aps everything in sight."

I have yet to do this boss with a barb in squad and we've never had a member die, so I dunno what you all are doing wrong. :]

I think they're taking the phrase "hit it until it dies" a bit too literally. b:laugh
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My bm has 10.5k hp w/o barb buff. That is 3 base vit, no rank 9, only 3 sockets filled for hp (3 vit stones) while all the rest is sapphire gemmed and not even all +10 armors ...

My bm can tank aba and seat bosses, even though I need a cleric in squad for buff (not mystic cause no def buff). Keep in mind that only the FIRST bleed tick hits hard, the ticks after only hit 1/3th each time. Also keep in mind that BB doesn't reduce the bleed, so you are actually better off with IH spammed on the tank (and possibly purify before bleed ticks).

The only problem I could see for your server, is that it opened when the aps-craze already started. So you guys probably don't have the old toons to dig up.

It actually does the "full dmg bleed" after first hit too. Least I`ve gotten hit for over 9k after the boss was ~50%.

As far as toons to dig up go, most have quit. When I start making the list of BMs with 10k+ unbuffed hp, over 90% of the time I realize they have quit already. On Archo, BM is a rare class and the ppl who can afford gear are either R9s or have another main, thus BM is undergeared if it`s not R9. Then there is simple number of players archosaur got left, we have no gear requisites for biggest factions but they still go with lvls. If you are 100 and not a sin, you can pretty much pick a faction and they will take you.

I believe there is major reasons why ppl on archo are so poorly geared. Rank sales, everybody aims for R9 someday, thus neglecting their current gear. And a followup from that, "nobody" does nirvana unless it`s 2x. During aurora agent, we had buyers for cannies at 350k and raps ~1.2m. Now prices rising back to ~500k & 1.7m. The gear on archo is mostly ridiculously overpriced. And unlike older servers, we dont have the gear pool prior R9 introduction or least server was too young to have too big pool till R9 became accessible.

Ps. I`m talking bout average gear, we got our fair share of R9+12s.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I understand your point WnbTank but then it's more of a server's problem than the mini-expansion's problem.

Indeed, servers like Sanctuary and Heaven's Tear, that have been around since the beginning, already had players with decent TT99 gear or even Nirvana before R9 and whatnot. Also, since there's a lot of gear available, the prices for them are also lower. I see where you're coming from but, yeah, like I just mentioned, that is a problem in the server's population itself not the new BH bosses..

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    edited June 2012
    I understand your point WnbTank but then it's more of a server's problem than the mini-expansion's problem.

Indeed, servers like Sanctuary and Heaven's Tear, that have been around since the beginning, already had players with decent TT99 gear or even Nirvana before R9 and whatnot. Also, since there's a lot of gear available, the prices for them are also lower. I see where you're coming from but, yeah, like I just mentioned, that is a problem in the server's population itself not the new BH bosses..

You cant separate gear & difficulty of boss into it`s own entities as that would be simply silly. Imo BH bosses should be more or less no brainers, it`s daily with vrappy drops `cept for the BH reward itself. Those bosses should be simple imo. The advanced EU is right place for difficulty, so is new mold drop bosses for G16 gear. But making BH more selective isnt imo the course of action that should be taken. Or making 2 tiers of BHs, harder and easier with different rewards or chances for rewards. Simply upping the difficulty isnt fair for newer playerbase.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Really sounds like a server problem, I have no problem getting tanks on DW, especially during certain peak times.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    edited June 2012
    Really sounds like a server problem, I have no problem getting tanks on DW, especially during certain peak times.

Today when I WCd "101 barb LF BH Snake", the first reply I got asked if I was serious or just trolling. That`s how Archo is doing, lol.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It actually does the "full dmg bleed" after first hit too. Least I`ve gotten hit for over 9k after the boss was ~50%.

What I meant is that the ticks of 1 bleed are different. On my bm for instance, 1st tick is 7.4k, then 2.3k, 2.3k, ... till it's purified or runs off.

Anyway, I see the problem on your server but the only comment that inspires me is "I told you so". I've always said that intermediate armor is important too and that putting a decent refine on something you don't plan on keeping isn't always a waste. But meh, most reply about how the refines loose value when you want to resell it etc etc.

It's kinda characteristic that this problem occurs on new servers. As if they are filled with a population that runs around in 1* unsharded npc armor till they got their r9 +12 and for 99% filled with farming-sins.

Also, I don't agree bh bosses should be "brainless to kill". I like them being a bit more challenging. I also think that bh69 should be for lvl70s and not lvl80s. Game has been easy-cheesy way to long. Glad it took a step in the right direction.

*waiting for PW to put in some similar bosses in nirvana, fcc and TT*
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Reason I like this update is because barbarians and other classes are more welcome in BH now. Sure you can always make your own squads (that's what I do anyway) but even then I remember people leaving my squads sometimes because I didn't have enough sins or I had both a cleric and a mystic lol.

Although I have friends and faction, I like running BH with random squads/people from wc because I can meet new people :)
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • anbelll
    anbelll Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Personally I am really glad that barbs are useful again.

You have no idea what i first felt when i saw the first fist barb (and we all lol'd at it) and then it became so popular that I didn't see any white tigers around there anymore...
    Then, the bm's that only have a pair of med lvl axes to HF and then full aps..

But, personally, sins are somewhat meant to be low defense high dps chars (light armor basically menas that, low mag and phys defense and high crit and damage), and we are a chi-spark based class (even without the aps) so aps was a really good thing to us.
    I know i shouldn't be able to solo or kill anything i run accross with no help, but still:

I see why aps shouldn't be THAT important in the game (again, fist barb????), but I believe APS sins should be a really viable build for us (as a sage aps sin). I understand that we may need to use subsea strike or rib strike to helpother people rather than ourselves, but again:

Why the constant attack against APS sins?? This should be a viable build for us, and I believe it's the way the calss is meant to be played.

Of course, not pure aps/dps, but still high aps should be acceptable... For example, leave behind the tt99 neck and belt for a cube/warsong pair; have the g15 nirvana instead of g13, or similar changess. An example is here (http://pwcalc.com/6f1325930554787a) but even a 3.33 sparked is good. Not full aps, but high aps should be good...

Oh! And, by the way!
    Saethos, GREAT SIGNATURE!!! I completely agree!!!

Still, I considerthat the final outcome will be (not fail) sins having 2 sets of equipment, one for pure aps and one for balance...
  • Deadly_Force - Raging Tide
    Deadly_Force - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i think alot of u DIDNT read what i said i was not complaining about the fact i couldnt solo it i was complaining as i couldnt tank it..
    since then i havent done the bh the rewards are **** u need 7 freekin free slots open in inventoty its halarious..
    for a **** load a crud
    and yes it did help get others into squads however my psy can never seem to get a squad still..
    i saw sumone's calc and cracked up had all the buffs on lol most a them only last a few seconds soo funney..
    i dont have a calc for my sin but do for my psy..
    i would post but most arnt open minded people and beleive the only build for a psy is pure magic..
    i have built far from that and i think it works.. (buffed im 13khp 12kpdef 12kmdef)
    no r9 and only r8 im using is ring lol, a bit a t3 gears though.

sins calc stats a little wrong but gears correct base hp is supposed to be 10770
    http://pwcalc.com/1e7f16eac0846f3d
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    much like i made several venos for specific task(s) then game changes were made after only short benefits from using said venos, thus thwarting my efforts & effectively retiring my venos....

brings me to ask the people who made sins for similar means..............

How's it feel ?
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If sins are QQing then it must mean the game is moving slowly in the right direction.

If you're running a real squad APS doesn't really matter anyway. Killing stuff with +12 R9 axes is a lot of fun too... too bad I can't find it in me to log in anymore.

b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    mogwai wrote: »
    much like i made several venos for specific task(s) then game changes were made after only short benefits from using said venos, thus thwarting my efforts & effectively retiring my venos....

brings me to ask the people who made sins for similar means..............

How's it feel ?
    Great. I dual log my barb who tanks it and put sin on auto-pilot DD. Still doing 2 bh's in one run, just role reversal.

You people who jump all over Sins like this really need to lighten up. Some Sins attitudes can be bad, yeah....but you sin-haters are just as bad, if not worse.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i love my sin,if i wanna make coin BOOM i log her on and lets rock!!

Run TT's,Solo fb's for books,plvl some nubs(though i rarely do it anymore),run 3-4 man nirv's,kicking the metal boss butt without a charm and using only bh pots(not alot can do that)..etc etc so many options with a sin..lol people stop qqing over the best class in the game ok lol.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2012
    Good job on the OP for necroing their own thread.

As for the extreme hatred of Sin's....

They are disliked because the class itself is OP, but that's only a small part of it.

It's mostly because of 90% of the people that play the toon, and that isn't helped by adding hyper noobs to the mix.

So yeah, we hate sins. Yeah most of the sins out there are a-holes. Sure not all of you are, but you can pretty much expect to be treated like you are in that 90% player base until you prove otherwise.
    I'm not sayin it's right, but each class has it's crutch. It's a large part of the reason why I don't bother to play my cleric or my barb anymore. We get no respect.

As for the SoT boss, It was an awesome strategy for make players actually form squads again and play the MMO like an MMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Beastlaird - Heavens Tear
    Beastlaird - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I don't think gear is the problem. It's been nearly 2 weeks now and some APS people are still crying because they are unable to connect the dots and adapt. The problem is obviously between the keyboard and chair.

I don't care how much money people dumped into their sins. They need to accept the fact that they can't tank everything and start adding classes that can tank these bosses if they are sick of eating dirt. They would also need to cut back on the damage a little and let the tank do it's job, but it would be a lot faster than party wiping 5 times and waiting for the cleric to run back to rez everybody. Amirite? Unfortunately, the concept of backing off so they don't steal aggro is something that does not compute for most sins. b:chuckle

The new Abaddon boss with a mostly APS squad was... amusing.

Yes it is Funny watching "Those Sins" that DO NOT KNOW HOW TO CONTROL their Sparks or APS, they think Oh Yea i got 4.0 (sparked5.0) they all that and a box of Oreo's guess what your not and you sure darn aren't a Tank either. First of all It Is great to be needed again (true Barb) that is one that actually is a tanker/dder if 2 running together. not a Barb that Wants to be a BM (wearing claws and fist). Hint the reason for a Barb is so he or she can gather the mobs built for taking a beating and then the DDer's to kill them mobs gathered but some folks forgot what their role is in the game. But if you watch the Bosses in Aba and SoT Especially SINS the Bosses give you indicators to back off but like so many SINS THEY DO NOT PAY ATTENTION to any of that they rely on their APS and so many Plvled(Power Leveled) Sins don't even have a Clue as to how to play that class they never took time to Learn it. So if PWI wants to do Something RIGHT put the cap back on Frost City if you not Level 75 (when you get your quest for there) then you can't get in so go Learn your toon and learn what It Can Do and WHAT IT CAN'T DO. Then Maybe you just might grasp the idea of what your class is about.b:chuckle Then again you might not if you don't want to quest and learn your toon. But I have run with Cleric 2sins Veno BM and ME(101 Demon Barb & darn proud of it). It's not your gear or weapon that makes you all that IT IS HOW YOU LEARN AND PLAY YOUR TOON NO MATTER THE CLASS is what makes you good at your class
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Move Forward
    To SUCCEED
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    @ the OP; Are you F*cking kidding me?...

Lets take a look at the class Description from this website shall we?...

"Daggers are their weapons of choice. In Critical Hit form, they can deal more damage than other classes in most circumstances. With their vital ability to stealth in addition to their damage, Assassins are a terrifying addition to any battlefield.
    Type:

Melee Physical Damage Dealer"

Assassins, and let me just make this crystal clear for those with a cavity where their brains should be, are NOT Tanks & Never will be. It's people like you that give assassins their bad reputation, Tri-Spark + BP + 5.0 APS =/= God mode. For the sake of keeping this from turning into rambling of my utter disgust for people like you that play assassins I'll tell you what you should be doing on that boss.

First, Get a TANKING Barb, it's madness to even attempt this boss without one.

Second, Chill of The Deep, if you don't know what that is by now, start uninstalling your game.

Third, Do NOT Spark right from the word go... Use your Chi for your Debuff skills *SHOCK, HORROR* Yes you Actually have those.... mostly focus on Ribstrike, Subsea Strike and mire if your genie has it, if you haven't leveled your Debuffs to at least level 10 by now then please....just...

Fourth, when the boss starts to use his HP Regen skill, if your squad doesn't have a veno to purge, THEN you can spark if you wish, at least that is what I do to help try and prevent him from recovering too much, once that Regen is gone go back to debuffing.

Finally, if you've managed to keep your APS in your pants and let the barb do his job properly you should have a *Fairly* smooth BH SoT run and are now looking at a dead Lord of Captivation.

Now begone from my sight and do not return until you have learned what it truly means to be an Assassin, young grasshopper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...