Magical Shackle

_Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
_Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary Posts: 993 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
The new cleric skill. I have the book but I am not sure I want to learn it yet.
It says every time your target attacks or tries to use spell there is a 30% chance he will take damage. It lasts 1 minute. Does anyone know if this skill only hurts them once or constantly for a minute?
Facebook.com/foxi187
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It sounds very similar to Soul Burn which deals damage every time the target does an action.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    it seems like a bramble of some kind. i think it does its effect each time. i think its an attempt to save clerics from aps freaks.
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I just read on the wiki it says every time the 'target attacks' but doesnt say it has to attack you. It'd be funny just randomly hitting the pkers in west arch with it hahahah.

Also jsut wondering, I havent been in Morai for a while. How'd you get the new skill?
  • _Bloody_Fox_ - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    I just read on the wiki it says every time the 'target attacks' but doesnt say it has to attack you. It'd be funny just randomly hitting the pkers in west arch with it hahahah.

Also jsut wondering, I havent been in Morai for a while. How'd you get the new skill?

my brother did AEU and it dropped on the last boss I think. Either that or it came from the box at the end.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It should be pretty nifty if it's affected by triple spark...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    A cleric in my faction has the skill and use it for the lulz on people apsing guards at west to get chi.
    It's fun to watch.
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    my brother did AEU and it dropped on the last boss I think. Either that or it came from the box at the end.

cant be sure, but it seems like its only from the chest.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/33291 aurogons drops
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/26787 chest rewards
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • itzmurda
    itzmurda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I've had a cleric use this skill on me, a 94 BM and after the cleric casted it i used bell and lost 1/3rd of my hp
    edited June 2012
    itzmurda wrote: »
    I've had a cleric use this skill on me, a 94 BM and after the cleric casted it i used bell and lost 1/3rd of my hp

They'd have done more with cyclone, though.

For comparison, the damage a shackle should tick for is exactly the same as the initial damage of Thunderball. Both do just your base magic attack as damage.

Shackle just doesn't mention what kind of damage it is, perhaps the non-elemental kind that Absorb Soul has?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BEASTisBOSS - Heavens Tear
    BEASTisBOSS - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Asterelle is right. This skill does work just like 'Soul Burn' the Psychic skill. Based on your soulforce is how much damage it will do to whoever you throw the skill on (if it proc's). And also yes, they don't need to be attacking you, it's whenever they attack anybody with that icon on them, is when they will take damage.
    >throw it on a sin
    >profit.
    edited June 2012
    Based on your soulforce is how much damage it will do to whoever you throw the skill on

So the description is wrong?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    I will clarify all the information as soon as I get 550k more spirit lol.
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The damage dealt to your opponent is based on your soulforce.
    The skill has a 30% chance to activate every time you use a skill or attack.
    Any skill can activate it.
    It seems to be phys damages.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Someone posted a video on the forum about that skill.
    I tried to find it but i don't know where it was.
    That was showing exactly what that do.
    I don't remember where on forum but i'm almost sure it was that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
    edited June 2012
    It seems to work with demon spark lol. Also it requires Violet dance mode. It is Really effective. I love it.
    Indeed can be used multiple times
    Facebook.com/foxi187
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The damage dealt to your opponent is based on your soulforce.
    The skill has a 30% chance to activate every time you use a skill or attack.
    Any skill can activate it.
    It seems to be phys damages.

Based on magic attack. Base magic attack from what I hear. Thats why demon spark causes it to do more damage.

Yes it is physical.

From observation the average damage to a BM or Sin with a lot of phy resist is between 500-1000 damage per tick when used by a cleric with 12k-16k magic attack.

2000-3000 to mages with low phy resist.

Tripple spark it as a pure magic R9+12 weaponed cleric and you shall get 7-9k ticks on mages, 2-5k ticks on Heavies.

Recommended to be the first skill cast after tripple sparking, in case you die quickly, they will still suffer, if not, it shall add much needed damage to your assault.

Even at 500-800 damage per tick and a 30% proc rate, anyone with 5 aps is gonna get hurt. very very badly.
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Based on magic attack. Base magic attack from what I hear. Thats why demon spark causes it to do more damage.

Yes it is physical.

From observation the average damage to a BM or Sin with a lot of phy resist is between 500-1000 damage per tick when used by a cleric with 12k-16k magic attack.

2000-3000 to mages with low phy resist.

Tripple spark it as a pure magic R9+12 weaponed cleric and you shall get 7-9k ticks on mages, 2-5k ticks on Heavies.

Recommended to be the first skill cast after tripple sparking, in case you die quickly, they will still suffer, if not, it shall add much needed damage to your assault.

Even at 500-800 damage per tick and a 30% proc rate, anyone with 5 aps is gonna get hurt. very very badly.

My only question is...

Does Sage Shadow Escape purge it?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What Futurelord says is correct, I have learnt the skill and have had plenty of fun moments casting it on people getting chi on the guards at west gate.

The skill puts a curse on the target and for a whole minute every attack or skill used has a 30% chance to trigger it.

The damage is based on the clerics magic attack so increases with the refinements on weapons and sage/demon sparking prior to using it increases the effect. The damage is physical so not the best skill to use on high pdef targets.

Like most morai skills the curse cannot be purified by clerics, triple spark or shadow escape.

Definately a must get skill for pvp orientated clerics
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I have learnt the skill and used in it quite a few battles at west archosaur, as of yesterday.

About the skill:
    -requires Violet Dance mode
    -costs 50 chi
    -30 second cooldown
    -28.5 meter range
    -has a 30% chance to do physical dmg = to your base magic dmg, whenever your target: uses any skill, eats a hp pot, etc. Genie skills don't seem to trigger eat, nor does moving around. In other words, same as psychic's soulburn
    -effect lasts for 1 minute
    -triple sparking vastly increases damage the buff does
    -cannot be purified by ANY method

Results from fighting:
    -bms kill themselves hitting me when I have plume shell in... so do assassins, they die before they can stop themselves in many cases
    -used on an arcane after triple sparking, it one shot a 6kish cleric

Still to test:
    -does the damage tick inside of immune to dmg (ironguard or absolute domain), like soulburn?
    -do attack lvls affect the dmg the buff does?

Aeliah
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931